Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Archbishop McCarthy is the Real Deal! They knocked off Cardinal Gibbons. Great job Coach Mike!
    Cardinal Gibbons is 2A and their record is 7-5-1 and you're saying that makes AB the Real Deal?

Comment

Archbishop McCarthy 2 - St Thomas Aquinas 1.

Have no idea about what all the GDA talk is about or how many girls on either side are GDA level players.

And I can't say I really care either.
      One of the leading scorers on STA is from Weston GDA (as well as other players), same is true for AM. Weston DA and the High Schools not even bashful about posting full rosters on both sides. The High Schools in Orlando and Jacksonville don't post their rosters that are loaded with GDA players. Anything goes in South Florida!!

Comment

One of the leading scorers on STA is from Weston GDA (as well as other players), same is true for AM. Weston DA and the High Schools not even bashful about posting full rosters on both sides. The High Schools in Orlando and Jacksonville don't post their rosters that are loaded with GDA players. Anything goes in South Florida!!
        My daughter's H.S. team is District 4A in the Tampa Bay region and they don't use any GDA players - however, they will have to play through many H.S. teams that have a lot of GDA players: St. Thomas Aquinas, Viera, Archbishop McCarthy, Creekside, etc. Her teammates talk about it and they don't give a cr*p where everyone plays their club ball or if someone is on the YNT. They just try to play through whoever they have to on their way to States.

Comment

My daughter's H.S. team is District 4A in the Tampa Bay region and they don't use any GDA players - however, they will have to play through many H.S. teams that have a lot of GDA players: St. Thomas Aquinas, Viera, Archbishop McCarthy, Creekside, etc. Her teammates talk about it and they don't give a cr*p where everyone plays their club ball or if someone is on the YNT. They just try to play through whoever they have to on their way to States.
          Exactly correct, unless they are handing out performance enhancing drugs at DA practices, who the hell cares whether an opponent is in DA.

Comment

Exactly correct, unless they are handing out performance enhancing drugs at DA practices, who the hell cares whether an opponent is in DA.
            GDA girls are just a little bit better , just because of the constant training , there are no miss Messi’s among any of them.... enjoy

Comment

Viera does not have GDA players.

Comment

GDA girls are just a little bit better , just because of the constant training , there are no miss Messi’s among any of them.... enjoy
                That is a stupid statement. "GDA girls are better because of constant training." You think a kid needs GDA to constantly train? Move along. Most skilled player on our team doesn't even train with us every training session and still is best on field from both sides. Kids can train on their own and some just have the "it" factor. Pretty sure there are some sh!tty GDA players out there regardless how much training they do.

Comment

About last night

No, speaking about result of St Thomas vs AM. The result will be different when we meet in playoffs! Drop My Mic!
                  What was result of STA vs Am?

Comment

So true - you can have a team full of "club" players but there's a huge amount of variability within that and overlap from what is considered top to bottom tiers. Plenty of kids ride the benches on teams that play in top leagues. Some HS coaches also don't know how to use the players they have. And if team has a handful of top players but the supporting cast can't string together two passes, well you're in for a long season.
                    Funny this is being said. My kids coach and the parents always say "The team we are playing has an ECNL kids on it". I think that is so retarded because my club is the primary participant in Slamming ECNL here in South Florida. Its crazy cause if we were awarded ECNL it would be the best thing since slice bread. That's why clubs suck.

Comment

It does not matter if a private school is full of DA players, as all are on scholarship and can play per DA rules. As in any competition, if your kid's team loses to a better team, tell them to work hard and get better.

Comment

It does not matter if a private school is full of DA players, as all are on scholarship and can play per DA rules. As in any competition, if your kid's team loses to a better team, tell them to work hard and get better.
                        State HS playoffs are not regular season. All teams have good players and are typically competitive teams. At the end of the day the game remains the game and has to be played on the field.

Comment

When was the last time STA got beat? How many GDA players are on McCarthy?
                          We only played STA once in the playoffs and beat them 1-0. So at least that time.

Comment

We only played STA once in the playoffs and beat them 1-0. So at least that time.
                            You Viera people kill me. You had a good team based on a few people and your coaches.

Those days are done. Doesn't matter if you're playing MV, STA or AM.

Comment

McCarthy has 4 GDA players and 3 ecnl players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X