Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iona WS New Head Coach Todd Plourde, thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of colleges in the area for everyone. Iona was the laughing stock of the area. Hopefully this guy can come in and gradually make the place better than it has been.

Comment

Has he actually done any real soccer coaching anywhere? I mean coaching, not recruiting or making deals and slapping backs.

Comment

Iona WS New Head Coach Todd Plourde, thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Has he actually done any real soccer coaching anywhere? I mean coaching, not recruiting or making deals and slapping backs.
        Does it matter? Any great leader will know that its important to surround yourself with good people (a staff) that works together. If he can accomplish this and manage it correctly, he will be fine.

Comment

Plenty of colleges in the area for everyone. Iona was the laughing stock of the area. Hopefully this guy can come in and gradually make the place better than it has been.
          I would never send my kid to Iona. Not only for the coach turnover, but I heard a lot of problems with the culture at that school.

Comment

I would never send my kid to Iona. Not only for the coach turnover, but I heard a lot of problems with the culture at that school.
            And I know kids who really like it there. There's a college for everyone. No need to trash something you have no direct knowledge of.

Comment

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/ed...s/201903120085

This story about the Yale Women's Soccer Program is MUCH deeper than you would be led to believe.

"One of the cooperating witnesses, according to the court documents, is a former head coach of Yale’s women’s soccer team, who pleaded guilty in the case nearly a year ago and has since been helping FBI agents gather evidence."

Comment

someone started a new thread on the topic. Yale wasn't the only school involved. It's quite a large scandal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

BOSTON — College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court.

The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California. Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability.

Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools. Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t.

Yale women's coach was caught in the operation - took a ton of coin - but now we know why he left in November https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...3yM/story.html

Comment

And I know kids who really like it there. There's a college for everyone. No need to trash something you have no direct knowledge of.
                  Interested to see how things go.

Comment

Unbelievable bad coach and person. Knows nothing about the game. Thinks only about money. The soccer Iona plays is hodgepodge and he will not make the team or the players better.

Comment

Pda, Stars of Mass are clearly the top 2 clubs followed by CFC and Match Fit. SUSA and EM are just behind them.
                      CFC is nowhere near World Class level.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        Unbelievable bad coach and person. Knows nothing about the game. Thinks only about money. The soccer Iona plays is hodgepodge and he will not make the team or the players better.
                        Someone went way out of their way to dig this up. Dad if your kid isn't playing much at Iona you've got bigger issues than the coach

Comment

Yes they are...World Class is way overrated, especially on these boards

Comment

Yes they are...World Class is way overrated, especially on these boards
                            Like all else there's variations across teams but overall WC is slightly ahead.

Comment

Who Cares? another ego maniac coach big whoooop!

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X