Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True quality of a club

The true quality of a club is top to bottom in its training metholodgy. All these clubs don’t care about anything but there DA. Who’s to know that 9 yr old Diaz won’t be 15 year old quality. These clubs do a dis service to the players and the families getting ripped off. The players that are great today might not be so great in a few yrs. so the question remains why are they not focused on total club quality. That’s what makes a great club. FYI my kid got dropped this year from u-15 DA, and the training at the lower level is disgusting.

No offense but you’re either clueless or making your own point. Stop thinking about “club” and start focusing on “coach”...the clubs all want the same thing, your money. Find the best coach to develop your kid if that’s what you are after and that’s the way it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No offense but you’re either clueless or making your own point. Stop thinking about “club” and start focusing on “coach”...the clubs all want the same thing, your money. Find the best coach to develop your kid if that’s what you are after and that’s the way it sounds.

100% all clubs are the same look for coach

Comment

The true quality of a club is top to bottom in its training metholodgy. All these clubs don’t care about anything but there DA. Who’s to know that 9 yr old Diaz won’t be 15 year old quality. These clubs do a dis service to the players and the families getting ripped off. The players that are great today might not be so great in a few yrs. so the question remains why are they not focused on total club quality. That’s what makes a great club. FYI my kid got dropped this year from u-15 DA, and the training at the lower level is disgusting.
        There is a huge difference in training quality from DA to second level clubs. It's not just the number of times they train or the duration. It's the intensity. Sadly, the kids themselves are part of the lower intensity. They seem to slowly lose their dreams to advance to DA by the time they reach u15. I say sadly because in some cases it is just a lack of opportunity, lack of connections, or slower physical development, and not a lack of talent. While maybe your journey at that club may be coming to an end, if your kid loves soccer, it should not be the end of his journey. u15 is still really young.

Comment

Trump

100% all clubs are the same look for coach
          Except TBU - they're the best.

Comment

There is a huge difference in training quality from DA to second level clubs. It's not just the number of times they train or the duration. It's the intensity. Sadly, the kids themselves are part of the lower intensity. They seem to slowly lose their dreams to advance to DA by the time they reach u15. I say sadly because in some cases it is just a lack of opportunity, lack of connections, or slower physical development, and not a lack of talent. While maybe your journey at that club may be coming to an end, if your kid loves soccer, it should not be the end of his journey. u15 is still really young.

Not that much of a difference because the same coaches that coach the top teams say ten years ago are the same guys coaching our DA teams...

Comment

Except TBU - they're the best.
              Exactly, just ask them!

Comment

I agree with you 100 percent when your caught up in Da, kid is dropped you don’t pay attention to the lower level just like the club doesn’t. I didn’t think 1 level below would be so poorly run.

Comment

Great post and you nailed it on the intensity piece. Maybe your a coach somewhere I bet

Comment

The DA lapdogs are too predictable. Yes, they train more and generally have better coaches but DA and ecnl are not the only way to a next-level opportunity for girls or boys. Find the right coach, regardless of their club or program. Period.

Comment

The DA lapdogs are too predictable. Yes, they train more and generally have better coaches but DA and ecnl are not the only way to a next-level opportunity for girls or boys. Find the right coach, regardless of their club or program. Period.
                      Where is that in south Florida ?

Comment

Where is that in south Florida ?
                        exactly. tell me where that is please. OP is right. options are limited. at least until inter miami shows up whenever that will be.

Comment

exactly. tell me where that is please. OP is right. options are limited. at least until inter miami shows up whenever that will be.
                          Inter Miami might be more if the same can you imagine all the local coaches vying to get in there. There going to be shocked when they get paid much less than there local youth club. That’s a fact

Comment

Great post and you nailed it on the intensity piece. Maybe your a coach somewhere I bet
                            here's what i see ...kids that at u12 busted their butt to improve and get on the academy team, at u15 seem to be halfway interested. some of these kids are good enough for da, just mostly late bloomers. da absolutely favors the early bloomers, "bio banding" is just words. even if they take it seriously, they only test kids that are IN the DA system, not the ones that are out. by u15 it starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. the kids themselves believe they are not as good. which is sad. i think when a kid starts to believe they are inferior it's time for a change of scenery. no one - I mean no one - knows who will be good at 21. some kids develop at 16 or 17. some at 18. every kid has a different timeline. and the late bloomers are sometimes the most successful. losing talent, potential because so many early bloomers take the DA spots is sad to me.

Comment

here's what i see ...kids that at u12 busted their butt to improve and get on the academy team, at u15 seem to be halfway interested. some of these kids are good enough for da, just mostly late bloomers. da absolutely favors the early bloomers, "bio banding" is just words. even if they take it seriously, they only test kids that are IN the DA system, not the ones that are out. by u15 it starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. the kids themselves believe they are not as good. which is sad. i think when a kid starts to believe they are inferior it's time for a change of scenery. no one - I mean no one - knows who will be good at 21. some kids develop at 16 or 17. some at 18. every kid has a different timeline. and the late bloomers are sometimes the most successful. losing talent, potential because so many early bloomers take the DA spots is sad to me.
                              kid is good they can always tryout next year so bla bla bla about age

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X