Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast NPL

Does anyone know how the teams are shaping up for the girls teams? Any of the teams stay together? Did all the talent go DA? Will NPL players guest on DA?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know how the teams are shaping up for the girls teams? Any of the teams stay together? Did all the talent go DA? Will NPL players guest on DA?
    I have yet to get definitive intel on the exact moves for each age group but I know enough to say that generally speaking this has caused a ripple effect across all teams. It depends on age group but in some cases many former NPL girls from certain age groups went to DA, therefore leaving their previous NPL teams depleted of talent. To rectify this SU moved up girls from lower level teams to NPL and so on. Basically now you have lots of players playing up a level, for no good reason other than SU needed them to. It will be interesting to see how all the U13 and up teams do in the Fall. If they do poorly across the board you'll know why.

Comment

Basically now you have lots of players playing up a level, for no good reason other than SU needed them to.
      I believe if you ask them they will unlock the chains that are holding them there

Comment

I believe if you ask them they will unlock the chains that are holding them there
        Coldhearted response. Seacoast didn’t handle this well at all and the girls have a right to do annoyed/frustrated, etc.

Comment

Coldhearted response. Seacoast didn’t handle this well at all and the girls have a right to do annoyed/frustrated, etc.
          Not handling things well is the norm rather than the exception at Seacoast United.

Except when it comes to bank deposits.

Comment

I have yet to get definitive intel on the exact moves for each age group but I know enough to say that generally speaking this has caused a ripple effect across all teams. It depends on age group but in some cases many former NPL girls from certain age groups went to DA, therefore leaving their previous NPL teams depleted of talent. To rectify this SU moved up girls from lower level teams to NPL and so on. Basically now you have lots of players playing up a level, for no good reason other than SU needed them to. It will be interesting to see how all the U13 and up teams do in the Fall. If they do poorly across the board you'll know why.
            SU could get players leaving MA teams and looking for a new team.

Comment

SU could get players leaving MA teams and looking for a new team.
              This didn't really happen. The DA teams picked up 1 or 2 kids from outside the club. The rest of the players came from existing in-house NPL teams. I've spoken to a few parents now and they are all onto what happened and are concerned about the upcoming season and how their D's teams will do.

Comment

This didn't really happen. The DA teams picked up 1 or 2 kids from outside the club. The rest of the players came from existing in-house NPL teams. I've spoken to a few parents now and they are all onto what happened and are concerned about the upcoming season and how their D's teams will do.
                I’ve talked to a lot too and “ concern “ isn’t a word I’ve heard. Resignation for some, excitement for others. All expect a high learning curve and with a year of getting feer wet and more notice for the following year, there is an expectation that it’ll draw from a larger area over time.

Who knows...maybe some of the Stars B-Teamers who went chasing DA in Lancaster only for the carpet to be pulled out from under them will see the light (unless the kool-aid is too tasty)

Impossible to make a determination on how a league will be so early in the process.

Comment

I’ve talked to a lot too and “ concern “ isn’t a word I’ve heard. Resignation for some, excitement for others. All expect a high learning curve and with a year of getting feer wet and more notice for the following year, there is an expectation that it’ll draw from a larger area over time.

Who knows...maybe some of the Stars B-Teamers who went chasing DA in Lancaster only for the carpet to be pulled out from under them will see the light (unless the kool-aid is too tasty)

Impossible to make a determination on how a league will be so early in the process.
                  Should make for an interesting season.

Comment

Should make for an interesting season.
                    Personally, we aren't expecting to light the world on fire. I think they understand those chasing results will be disapointed. Hopefully, 1-2 years out it looks better.

Really can't judge the program until one full age group (06, 05?) go through from start to finish I think.

Comment

First off chasing a patch is ridiculous, seconds chasing a patch to a team thats much weaker is really ridiculous. Stars B teams and even C teams are stronger than Seacoast’s best.

Comment

First off chasing a patch is ridiculous, seconds chasing a patch to a team thats much weaker is really ridiculous. Stars B teams and even C teams are stronger than Seacoast’s best.
                        Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

C teams, come on at least try to put in an argument. B, most likely in most groups.

Comment

Congratulations to the Seacoast 2004 team on a great showing at the NPL Championships in Colorado this past weekend. While they didn't take the cup home, they did quite well for themselves and beat an ECNL team along the way.

Those girls should be proud of their efforts.

Comment

Congratulations to the Seacoast 2004 team on a great showing at the NPL Championships in Colorado this past weekend. While they didn't take the cup home, they did quite well for themselves and beat an ECNL team along the way.

Those girls should be proud of their efforts.
                            I was really proud of them! Although a 2nd place NPL finish doesn't exactly scream that they weren't being challenged and need to move on to DA, does it? It wasn't a cake walk for them!

Comment

I was really proud of them! Although a 2nd place NPL finish doesn't exactly scream that they weren't being challenged and need to move on to DA, does it? It wasn't a cake walk for them!
                              The problem with NPL finals is not every team that qualifies goes. Seacoast didn’t win their regular season league but comes in finals in second place?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X