Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree 100%. MY is the best thing RI Surf has going for it. His brother is not though as it's difficult to be a good coach when your are high as a kite.
    MY & DY are good guys and an asset to any club. The GPS RI guys aren’t capable of running a bath let alone a club.

I heard about LR having his kid play for Scorpions ECNL, I agree with the original poster that it’s hard to buy what they’re selling if that’s happening.

Comment

it's just temporary until surf gets their ECNL bid

Comment

Surf will not get ECNL bid but I predict LR will go work for Scorpions next.

Comment

Rumor has it Scorpions Taunton trying to start 2010 team. My guess, LR will bring his Surf 2010 team to Scorpions.

Comment

That’s quite a rumor. Is there a point where parents get tired of their team moving around?

Comment

This is a big issue at Surf. Coaches kids playing multiple teams, getting big minutes, showing up just in time for games. It is hurting the development of the players. SC created this mess. If it is going to change, they should start by getting rid of him
              LOL. He pretty much owns RI Surf so you won't be getting rid of SC. More likely you're moving to another club.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with a parent coach if they treat all players equally and don't show favoritism. I coach one of my kids because it is the age group and gender I coach in club, it's a matter of logistics, and he belongs on that team and that level. I have another kid who plays for a different club because the club I coach for doesn't offer the league/level of play that she plays at.

Doesn't mean anything other than the club/team/coach is a good fit with one kid and another club/team/coach/league is a better fit elsewhere. If you're reading more into this, it is your issue, not the club or coach.

As to what qualifies a coach, being a parent doesn't disqualify you from coaching. I guarantee I am more qualified than 90% of the club coaches in RI (NFHS HS and US Soccer C license) and am harder on my own kid than others on the team. He has to earn his starting spot and play time just like everyone else and no one on the team feels like there is favoritism or special treatment. I'm not saying all coaches who coach their own kid are like that and know a few who absolutely show favoritism to their own kids and it is a cancer... that is possibly a situation where the kid should be playing elsewhere or the coach moved to another team.

Comment

I coach one of my kids because it is the age group and gender I coach in club, it's a matter of logistics, and he belongs on that team and that level. I have another kid who plays for a different club because the club I coach for doesn't offer the league/level of play that she plays at.

Doesn't mean anything other than the club/team/coach is a good fit with one kid and another club/team/coach/league is a better fit elsewhere. If you're reading more into this, it is your issue, not the club or coach.
                What if you coached the age group and gender of your kid in club, but you sent your kid to a different club? What would that say to the rest of the team? Or would you still say it's the other parents' issue?

Comment

Should I be reading in to my club coach having their child play for a different club?

It seems weird to me that they’ve sold me on the clubs philosophy and pathway, yet their child has since gone elsewhere. It has certainly dented my belief in the coach and the program. I feel like I’ve been sold a pack of lies.
                  Pb just stop lol

Comment

Lol is that who started this thread?

He’s got a point, though.

Comment

PB doesn't care one bit about this, he has top teams of talented players that haven't all jumped ship to the ECNL. At some point kids grow up and are able to make their own decisions where they want to play, leave LR and his kid alone and end this stupid thread.

Comment

Jealous Parents

Talking as a surf player I can tell you that all of you just sound like jealous parents. You spend a lot of time yelling at games so the majority of the time we’re all laughing at that. I mean cmon aren’t you all adults? Get a life.

Comment

mom talking as a "surf player" is kinda creepy... just saying... and how many games have you played, little surf player, since your team was just formed this past year?? Not sure who you are even talking about?

Comment

Lol see you can't even believe that i am a player. Before I played for Surf i played for NEFC. Duh. Just know that when you grownups are yelling your heads off like fools we r laughing at you and your own kids are embarrassed of you.

Comment

Lol see you can't even believe that i am a player. Before I played for Surf i played for NEFC. Duh. Just know that when you grownups are yelling your heads off like fools we r laughing at you and your own kids are embarrassed of you.
                              And do you play for Scorpions now too?

Comment

LR got those buns spanked by SC when he found out.

Nothing against LR trying to further his kid, but don’t lie to others about the program you’re coaching in if you take your own kids elsewhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X