Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barron Asked to leave FR?

I heard a rumor that Barron Lynn was asked not to return to the FR. Is this true? And Why if it is?

This is absolutely not true. Baron was never asked to leave FR. He will be a coach with our league as long as he wants to coach. Maybe not the team he was coaching but he is one of most respected coaches we have and he would never be asked to leave.

Comment

Barron Lynn & Florida Revolution

Barron was not asked to leave the club, there was another opportunity for the club to bring in a new coach who had higher credentials for coaching in Florida and the US. This was an opportunity for the club to advance and Barron's team was part of the financing to pay the new Director of Coaches salary. Barron seeing that his team would have a better training opportunity he only wanted the best for his girls and did was best for the girls. Not knowing the true outcome of the secret ballot, he was only told that he was being replaced. After that the team split up, girls left the club, others quit soccer all together and the team was divided up with only about half staying. Why was this done to a coach and a team that had worked so hard coming up from a Rec team all the way up to their 2nd place ranking in the state? Regardless, this was not the best choice by both the club and the few parents who initiated this action. Other options should have been looked at in order to keep this team together and it's core group and the 2 or 3 that weren't happy should have moved on and let the team grow for the better, not what it has become today. If it's not broke, don't mess with it!!! In my opinion it looks like the parents wanted to run the club and the team and lost a great coach in the process, who is the winner in this one...........no one!!!!

Comment

Is this the U13 girls team that JC took over this past year?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Barron was not asked to leave the club, there was another opportunity for the club to bring in a new coach who had higher credentials for coaching in Florida and the US. This was an opportunity for the club to advance and Barron's team was part of the financing to pay the new Director of Coaches salary. Barron seeing that his team would have a better training opportunity he only wanted the best for his girls and did was best for the girls. Not knowing the true outcome of the secret ballot, he was only told that he was being replaced. After that the team split up, girls left the club, others quit soccer all together and the team was divided up with only about half staying. Why was this done to a coach and a team that had worked so hard coming up from a Rec team all the way up to their 2nd place ranking in the state? Regardless, this was not the best choice by both the club and the few parents who initiated this action. Other options should have been looked at in order to keep this team together and it's core group and the 2 or 3 that weren't happy should have moved on and let the team grow for the better, not what it has become today. If it's not broke, don't mess with it!!! In my opinion it looks like the parents wanted to run the club and the team and lost a great coach in the process, who is the winner in this one...........no one!!!!

I am from south florida and have no dog in this fight. I agree with you poster. I am going to make the following assumptions. (1) He is not a daddy coach (2) He is a licensed coach. What a lot of yahoos don,t understand is that a good soccer team has to have chemistry. Chemistry between the players and chemistry between the team and the coaches. Even if this new guy was able to keep all the players there is no guarantee he would have had the sameor better sucess. It would have been fifty-fifty. To all you club administrators out there. when you have a situation like this. you do not change the coach. This is where a knowledgable DOC comes in and access the team , and make suggestions to make the team better. This may includes getting stronger players for certain positions if the players you have hit a brickwall. Get professional trainers to teach the coach and the team new techniques. But never try replace a good coach. You will destroy the team as per what we just read

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X