Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you have to ask you can't afford it.
    So I have to pay to go to UNC ?
    Revs are free??

Comment

So I have to pay to go to UNC ?
      Revs are free??
      There is a real cost to the Revs that you're too blind to see.

Revs will get you $3,000/yr at UMass Lowell.

Comment

Please share your player assessment expertise with us. What are your credentials to determine how well a player you don't know fits/doesn't fit into a program you're not coaching.

Green is not a good color on you. Worse is you're an adult.
        Forget my credentials, the kid sucks.

Comment

Why does everyone assume that the kid is actually getting a scholarship? Seriously how would everyone feel if they knew he was only offered a walk-on spot with no athletic money attached. Given the kid's pedigree (or lack there of) that is probably the likely scenario.
          What are you talking about? Kid has a terrific "pedigree"--whatever that means--and is an excellent player with obvious physical gifts. Anyone who has played against his teams knows that. Anyone who says otherwise has not seen him play or is a troll (or both).

Comment

Forget my credentials, the kid sucks.
            hmmmm.....opinion of a paid college coach and staff vs armchair keyboard warrior? Oh for sure we believe you.

Comment

Why does everyone assume that the kid is actually getting a scholarship? Seriously how would everyone feel if they knew he was only offered a walk-on spot with no athletic money attached. Given the kid's pedigree (or lack there of) that is probably the likely scenario.
              There's very little money in men's soccer to begin with but he'll get something. UNC is not easy to get into from out of state because they legally require 70% of the student body come from in-state.

Comment

There is a real cost to the Revs that you're too blind to see.

Revs will get you $3,000/yr at UMass Lowell.
                That almost pays for all the extra private training you have to do when you're with the Revs. totally worth it.

Comment

hmmmm.....opinion of a paid college coach and staff vs armchair keyboard warrior? Oh for sure we believe you.
                  Enough of that, comes from knowing all the boys in that same age group that play either in DA, ISL, NPL or a combination of all. This Loomis Chaffee kid is not that good, in fact, he's average. Like so so many others. Played briefly for the Revs and also GPS. Okay? Did I fulfill my knowledge base skillset with you? Are you content with that?

Comment

Enough of that, comes from knowing all the boys in that same age group that play either in DA, ISL, NPL or a combination of all. This Loomis Chaffee kid is not that good, in fact, he's average. Like so so many others. Played briefly for the Revs and also GPS. Okay? Did I fulfill my knowledge base skillset with you? Are you content with that?
                    Or maybe that was his brother that played for the Revs at some point, in any case, they both are very average players. UNC is gambling big time. Not impact players. Sorry, my opinion.

Comment

He never played for the Revs. His older brother did. Obviously his parents realized that revs wasn’t worth it and this kid stayed w gps. The gps 2002s have been the top team in that age group for a while. No surprise that a top college program grabbed him.

Comment

The gps 2002s have been the top team in that age group for a while. No surprise that a top college program grabbed him.
                        GPS is the top team in the 3rd division. Pedestrian.

Comment

GPS is the top team in the 3rd division. Pedestrian.
                          Other than DA, which is hardly top tier in New England, what “division” is higher?

Comment

Or maybe that was his brother that played for the Revs at some point, in any case, they both are very average players. UNC is gambling big time. Not impact players. Sorry, my opinion.
                            So first you claim he's getting no money, but then claim UNC is "taking a huge gamble" on him? If he's not getting any money there's no gamble. It costs the coach virtually nothing if he's not getting a scholarship. Even if he's getting some money there's no gamble. In college athletics you're discarded pretty quickly if you don't perform. He either proves himself or he doesn't. I don't even know the kid and I hope he succeeds just to show your sorry azz how pathetic you are. Oh wait, you already proved that to everyone.

Comment

He never played for the Revs. His older brother did. Obviously his parents realized that revs wasn’t worth it and this kid stayed w gps. The gps 2002s have been the top team in that age group for a while. No surprise that a top college program grabbed him.
                              Who cares about a mediocre kid going to a redneck school in nowheresville?

Comment

Who cares about a mediocre kid going to a redneck school in nowheresville?
                                In college soccer terms, North Carolina is everywhereville and Massachusetts is nowhereville.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X