Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah but...some clubs don't practice 4x/week, and some clubs have lousy coaching.
    Likenweston

Comment

DA is totally over rated

Comment

DA is totally over rated
        As stated from someone that is clearly on the outside of the program. You keep taking care of your hurt behind, and the DA will continue to move forward. The young players that are new to the USMNT scene, and that are the first to actually come up all the way through the DA program, are really, really good. Just keep hating on the DA, we know the truth.

Comment

You are completely wrong. I choose to be outside that program.
          My kid has rejected many times a position in a DA team. Below U14 is a waste of time and money. How my kid is going to improve playing 10 friendly games with the same south Florida da team during the whole season.
          I seen da training, not worth it.
          You are right DA is overrated.

Comment

You are completely wrong. I choose to be outside that program.
            My kid has rejected many times a position in a DA team. Below U14 is a waste of time and money. How my kid is going to improve playing 10 friendly games with the same south Florida da team during the whole season.
            I seen da training, not worth it.
            You are right DA is overrated.

Too bad nobody believes you since you come across as a butt-hurt whinny b!tch.

"My kid is awesome and rejected DA many, many times....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"

I come on TS to BRAG about my kid (who I will not name, but he is awesome. Believe me!) and bash the league he could not make.

Comment

DA is totally over rated
              98 percent of kids in DA will just go to college. There are very little funds available for college men’s soccer. Your kid needs to maintain top grades and test scores to get into a good college. Some DA kids struggle academically. Parents never admit it but they do. Few take AP courses and do well. There’s just no time to put in the study hours. There may be exceptions I am sure I am not saying “all.” Bottom line is it’s not so clear cut it’s a good path for all kids. Many kids are better off spending more time on school. Not popular opinion I know but life is tough. We should know that as parents.

Comment

DA's:SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!

On this webpage DA parents continuesly refer to all team, players, and leagues as REC stating that the only high-level youth soccer their is here in the US is DA. Okay, that’s fair, everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I do have a really
                Important question to ask all the DA parents:
                How many games does a DA team play in a year????? 30 , 35 max sound about right? How do you guys expect these incredible non-rec players to really be high level with so little soccer being played in a year? Let’s say your son is the stud of the DA team and he starts & plays every single game. Great, he played 30 games which is still short compared to even pro’s. Now how about the super stud who comes off the bench,,,,, wow you really hit it out the park, congratulations when you add up all your minutes you played about 15 full games the whole year. I’d say your an American Football
                Player! Isn’t that how many games they play? The truth is, the real REC players are those who don’t play the game enough because
                1. You been fooled that only DA’s are good
                2. You’re way behind the rest of the world in minutes on the field!!!! There’s a reason US soccer is not very good. Just look at the National team.

I’m sure the DA’s have great teams and players, but very few can compete outside the US playing an average of 3 games a month max. Then when a few go play in the Universities, they will play a max of 25 games in a year! Good luck going PRo with that Number. But that’s another story
                My son plays DA and most of the parents in our immediate and surrounding age groups up and down do not have this feeling or attitude. You always get parents at every level who think their child is the best or next up and coming superstar. I do feel your observations are quite off though. Most the kids do play for the full game or full minutes with the exception of some subs which generally take the place of midfielders or a strategic change in our case. We play most weekends and on occasion do have two games in a weekend period.

I personally feel all the leagues should act as feeder systems or as a ladder for the kids to follow, they need a system to work through as they advance their skills. DA can be the top tier or insert whatever name/league you want but that would be ideal to help the kids develop and in my perfect world, I know it won't happen, the clubs should work in conjunction to identify the talent to help foster the development and move the kids up to the top tier level and this way the best talent from the region gets identified and put together to challenge and push each other's development.
                There are very good teams and kids who do not play at the DA level but could due to different factors. It is a personal choice as these opportunities arise but I do feel if it is a DA program and the goal is to nurture and grow the regions best talent, the DA programs should be funded by US Soccer so those families who have talented kids but lack the financial means should still have the opportunity for their child. I mean that is the goal, correct.

just a DA parents thoughts/opinion.

Comment

DA’s: SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE

On this webpage DA parents continuesly refer to all team, players, and leagues as REC stating that the only high-level youth soccer their is here in the US is DA. Okay, that’s fair, everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I do have a really
                  Important question to ask all the DA parents:
                  How many games does a DA team play in a year????? 30 , 35 max sound about right? How do you guys expect these incredible non-rec players to really be high level with so little soccer being played in a year? Let’s say your son is the stud of the DA team and he starts & plays every single game. Great, he played 30 games which is still short compared to even pro’s. Now how about the super stud who comes off the bench,,,,, wow you really hit it out the park, congratulations when you add up all your minutes you played about 15 full games the whole year. I’d say your an American Football
                  Player! Isn’t that how many games they play? The truth is, the real REC players are those who don’t play the game enough because
                  1. You been fooled that only DA’s are good
                  2. You’re way behind the rest of the world in minutes on the field!!!! There’s a reason US soccer is not very good. Just look at the National team.

I’m sure the DA’s have great teams and players, but very few can compete outside the US playing an average of 3 games a month max. Then when a few go play in the Universities, they will play a max of 25 games in a year! Good luck going PRo with that Number. But that’s a another story

I’m a DA Parent and you didn’t burst my bubble! The timing on this post is perfect as I just found out that my son has not even been rostered to play the past few matches while several (yes several) ineligible players were chosen. My son is an eligible player and more than capable and has been fighting for game time. He’s just not been given a chance.

Comment

time to take your kid to boca, psg or kendall, he will be a star there

Comment

This is a excellent thread. A lot of good post are coming in.

I'm personally on the side of: the more you play the game
                      * the better you will be regardless if you play vs the best or worst teams in the State or Nation vs DA teams or non-DA teams
                      One of the parents said something similar on this thread.

Comment

I’m a DA Parent and you didn’t burst my bubble! The timing on this post is perfect as I just found out that my son has not even been rostered to play the past few matches while several (yes several) ineligible players were chosen. My son is an eligible player and more than capable and has been fighting for game time. He’s just not been given a chance.
                        Unfortunately it will not get better but the coaches might tell you different. We went thru something similar and decided to move on. Our son is happier, receives the playing time he works for and gets to play HS soccer.

Comment

This is a excellent thread. A lot of good post are coming in.

I'm personally on the side of: the more you play the game
                          * the better you will be regardless if you play vs the best or worst teams in the State or Nation vs DA teams or non-DA teams
                          One of the parents said something similar on this thread.
                          all true, except that you cant beat the exposure through DA for top d1 programs. but that;s u17.... many paths to get there and yes, a kid that sits on the bench or plays 20 minutes a game, 3 games a month, is not developing, no matter how strong the practices are.

Comment

DA's:SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!

My son plays DA and most of the parents in our immediate and surrounding age groups up and down do not have this feeling or attitude. You always get parents at every level who think their child is the best or next up and coming superstar. I do feel your observations are quite off though. Most the kids do play for the full game or full minutes with the exception of some subs which generally take the place of midfielders or a strategic change in our case. We play most weekends and on occasion do have two games in a weekend period.

I personally feel all the leagues should act as feeder systems or as a ladder for the kids to follow, they need a system to work through as they advance their skills. DA can be the top tier or insert whatever name/league you want but that would be ideal to help the kids develop and in my perfect world, I know it won't happen, the clubs should work in conjunction to identify the talent to help foster the development and move the kids up to the top tier level and this way the best talent from the region gets identified and put together to challenge and push each other's development.
                            There are very good teams and kids who do not play at the DA level but could due to different factors. It is a personal choice as these opportunities arise but I do feel if it is a DA program and the goal is to nurture and grow the regions best talent, the DA programs should be funded by US Soccer so those families who have talented kids but lack the financial means should still have the opportunity for their child. I mean that is the goal, correct.

just a DA parents thoughts/opinion.
                            This was my post earlier and I wanted to add on to it.
                            I agree with the posters that playing time is critical for the players and the development. It does not help a player if they are not logging minutes in meaningful games and real game situations when decisions are critical.

Comment

all true, except that you cant beat the exposure through DA for top d1 programs. but that;s u17.... many paths to get there and yes, a kid that sits on the bench or plays 20 minutes a game, 3 games a month, is not developing, no matter how strong the practices are.
                              Sorry ••• I don’t get it. So you have your son join a DA to get the best Div 1 College exposure so that if he’s really good he’s offered a 30% to 50% scholarship to a good school to then play a max of 20 games in a seasonal schedule (3 to 4 months out of the year). That means that if he’s a starter starting from his freshman year (which I doubt, but let’s say he is) and he plays all four years of College soccer he played 80 games in 4 years and is now 22-23 years of age. Do you really think he has a chance to go any further in soccer? The best he can shoot for is a MLS spot making 60thou a year playing left bench because most of the players on the field come from South America, The Carribbean, Africa, Europe, Central America and have been playing 60 games a year & 5-8 hours of soccer a day on the street, on the beach, in bad pitches pretty much since birth

Comment

If it is okay with you fine folks I would like to chime in:
                                Very valid point the last post. Soccer Here in this great country
                                will continue to struggle and will never be TOP and that is because of one small reason
                                {Soccer in the USA is played mostly by the middle-class folks which means > school, good grades, socializing with friends, vacations etc. are all part of the middle-class life}

The poor folks are the ones who excel in soccer in a lot of the great soccer player producing countries like Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, Serbia, Croacia, Argentina etc
                                They play hours and hours of soccer all year-round. Kinda how the poorer folks in this country play basketball all day long. All these hours of repetition is what eventually makes them
                                Great.

In conclusion, the middle-class majority who play soccer here in the USA don’t put in the same amount of time as those folks so they will never be as good.

Having your son play Soccer in the USA can be very expensive so it’s for the middle-class

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X