Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so many bad first touches, so much booting the ball to no one, most of the passes went to the other team. is that how quality players play the game?
    When you never pass, you have no feel for the ball when you actually do try to pass. Plus booting the ball forward will result in the other team getting the ball the majority of the time. It’s painful to watch. There is talent on this team. It’s a shame they have no chances to use it.

Comment

Stop living in the past. Let’s talk present.
      Not living in the past. How many league and state titles does your daughter have or do you think she will have by the time she graduates from high school?

Comment

Not living in the past. How many league and state titles does your daughter have or do you think she will have by the time she graduates from high school?
        I'm pretty sure your daughter doesn't have any league or state titles but her TEAM does.

Comment

I'm pretty sure your daughter doesn't have any league or state titles but her TEAM does.
          She does have multiple and so does the Team!! How many does your daughter have?

Comment

42!!!

Comment

Telling that you rarely, if ever, see comments from Ridgefield or Glastonbury on TS. The two towns whose girls teams have dominated LL the last 4-5 years.

I am confident that someone will dig up comments they believe, or even are, from these two towns, but for the most part both don't comment here!

Comment

When you never pass, you have no feel for the ball when you actually do try to pass. Plus booting the ball forward will result in the other team getting the ball the majority of the time. It’s painful to watch. There is talent on this team. It’s a shame they have no chances to use it.
                STJ played right into Ridgefield's strengths.....very naïve approach to the game.

STJ coach seemed to think that he had only one hand to play - pump and dump forward and hope the two superstars could do something. He relied on the same strategy versus Staples and also suffered the same fate.

Unlike previous years, STJ coach does not seem to think he has the quality of players in the back to play a more possession/passing style to break down and beat opponents.

Comment

This must be the injured StJ’s midfielder’s dad that has ripped the midfield all season since his kid is feeling the heat from the talented freshman midfielders.
                  I don't think he cares, no need to worry. I hear she will be playing elsewhere next year to get away from the swamp.

Comment

Telling that you rarely, if ever, see comments from Ridgefield or Glastonbury on TS. The two towns whose girls teams have dominated LL the last 4-5 years.

I am confident that someone will dig up comments they believe, or even are, from these two towns, but for the most part both don't comment here!
                    Exactly how has Ridgefield dominated Class LL in the last 4-5 years? You must be a Ridgefield Parent. At the STJ parents have the courage to identify themselves..

Comment

I don't think he cares, no need to worry. I hear she will be playing elsewhere next year to get away from the swamp.
                      I heard that she is not the only one, could be a few .

Comment

STJ played right into Ridgefield's strengths.....very naïve approach to the game.

STJ coach seemed to think that he had only one hand to play - pump and dump forward and hope the two superstars could do something. He relied on the same strategy versus Staples and also suffered the same fate.

Unlike previous years, STJ coach does not seem to think he has the quality of players in the back to play a more possession/passing style to break down and beat opponents.
                        100 percent agreed; by the way this should not be viewed as a criticism of the current team.

Comment

i just got on so excuse me if this is a repeat from someone else
                          as bad as all of you say stjs played, if they dont give up the own goal they win the game in regulation-neither team wanted OT so both were pressing-
                          congrats to RHS they played well-now New canaan

Comment

That may be the case, but he doesn’t have fast enough players to play the style he is playing now. This team is completely capable of playing through the middle and it has the talent to do so. They won’t have any other choice next year unless they decide to play 1v11. 2v11 hasn’t worked now out against the better teams, so something has to change.

Comment

i just got on so excuse me if this is a repeat from someone else
                              as bad as all of you say stjs played, if they dont give up the own goal they win the game in regulation-neither team wanted OT so both were pressing-
                              congrats to RHS they played well-now New canaan
                              I was not implying that STJ did not play well, but was commenting about the coaches tactics in trying to secure a win. He played the same way versus Staples, and was not successful. With the talent he has at his disposal, I feel he could have approached the game differently.

Comment

Exactly how has Ridgefield dominated Class LL in the last 4-5 years? You must be a Ridgefield Parent. At the STJ parents have the courage to identify themselves..
                                They reached the LL finals three years, State champs one year! And no, I am not a Ridgefield parent...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X