Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Faux Pas

ECNL Faux Pas....I am A South Florida parent and my daughter played for ECNL when it was at Weston. I have been watching the landscape down here for 15 years on the girls side. ECNL. says South Florida has been disappointing and an unsuccessful area. Well I have a different opinion. Here is the first Faux Pas... ECNL picked the clubs Weston(which was good for me at the time) and Boca United both with no success other than facilities and numbers and a local presence. These locations ECNL thought people would come running for. Obviously it was not the case as records stand for themselves. So instead of the blame being South Florida, the blame is on the decision making with ECNL. People run to good programs, not run to be part of a league.

When I saw the announcement I couldnt believe it..FC Prime are you kidding me...

.THIS IS WHERE FAUX PAS NUMBER 2 COMES IIN...
    You ECNL have done it again but worse. Sure you picked a guy who has done it before buy you put him in a landscape in which clubs that are completely setup ie (weston, Boca United) couldnt even do it. People did not go running to ECNL at those two places. I looked on line and no club is even set up yet. No teams of coaches or curriculum. Now in 2 years from now WE will have to hear that South Florida still cannot produce anything. But the true answer is ECNL chose this option which blows my mind. People in South Florida do not fall for shiny pennies. I feel like we are being talked into a stadium for the marlins... FC-prime. who the hell is that. It takes years to build quality teams. Just like the club's that are having success in your league now. Why would you not pick a more established program with proven success so that you would in turn have success. it is a slap to the face of programs that worked their way to the top and you select a start up company. Someone is getting a payoff

already discussed here http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=152019&page=9

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      ECNL Faux Pas....I am A South Florida parent and my daughter played for ECNL when it was at Weston. I have been watching the landscape down here for 15 years on the girls side. ECNL. says South Florida has been disappointing and an unsuccessful area. Well I have a different opinion. Here is the first Faux Pas... ECNL picked the clubs Weston(which was good for me at the time) and Boca United both with no success other than facilities and numbers and a local presence. These locations ECNL thought people would come running for. Obviously it was not the case as records stand for themselves. So instead of the blame being South Florida, the blame is on the decision making with ECNL. People run to good programs, not run to be part of a league.

When I saw the announcement I couldnt believe it..FC Prime are you kidding me...

You ECNL have done it again but worse. Sure you picked a guy who has done it before buy you put him in a landscape in which clubs that are completely setup ie (weston, Boca United) couldnt even do it. People did not go running to ECNL at those two places. I looked on line and no club is even set up yet. No teams of coaches or curriculum. Now in 2 years from now WE will have to hear that South Florida still cannot produce anything. But the true answer is ECNL chose this option which blows my mind. People in South Florida do not fall for shiny pennies. I feel like we are being talked into a stadium for the marlins... FC-prime. who the hell is that. It takes years to build quality teams. Just like the club's that are having success in your league now. Why would you not pick a more established program with proven success so that you would in turn have success. it is a slap to the face of programs that worked their way to the top and you select a start up company. Someone is getting a payoff

Here is the contact link for ECNL. Wish you the best of luck....really. If some thought and effort was put into SFL, it has all the potential to produce great soccer players as it does with football, baseball, basketball, swimming...........

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/contact-page/

Comment

ECNL can't win in south florida because existing clubs are a joke. especially in dade county. Clubs lead by parents with poor coaching and inadequate facilities can't be a winning combo. Also, folks won't travel great distances because traffic is impossible and kids do need to study for more than 5 minutes a day, making it ridiculous to spend 4+ hours a day in traffic.

Until a club can attract and retain good coaches (pay them enough so they don't find it necessary to coach 3 teams), the model here will always fail.

Not saying kids cant have fun playing soccer here, but people need to be realistic about the landscape.

Comment

ECNL can't win in south florida because existing clubs are a joke. especially in dade county. Clubs lead by parents with poor coaching and inadequate facilities can't be a winning combo. Also, folks won't travel great distances because traffic is impossible and kids do need to study for more than 5 minutes a day, making it ridiculous to spend 4+ hours a day in traffic.

Until a club can attract and retain good coaches (pay them enough so they don't find it necessary to coach 3 teams), the model here will always fail.

Not saying kids cant have fun playing soccer here, but people need to be realistic about the landscape.
          It's all about who the clubs are and the quality of the coaching, operation etc. If you build it they will come (and I'm not talking about a nice facility but the fundamentals).

Comment

Come to Sunrise, great facilities and great coaches.

Comment

Yeah, to the club that no league wants. They picked a start up club with no players over you.

Comment

This is right on the money. The FL clubs suck. Can't even think of comparing them to the SoCal clubs, Mid-West powers like Eclipse or even east coast PDA or Stars of Mass.

Comment

This is right on the money. The FL clubs suck. Can't even think of comparing them to the SoCal clubs, Mid-West powers like Eclipse or even east coast PDA or Stars of Mass.
                  Or even the club that is arguably the best club in the country - the Michigan Hawks. How in the hell do the snow belt clubs with crappy weather and in areas that can experience weather similar to all 4 seasons in a single week compete with and beat the crap out of the Florida teams? It makes no sense.

Comment

Or even the club that is arguably the best club in the country - the Michigan Hawks. How in the hell do the snow belt clubs with crappy weather and in areas that can experience weather similar to all 4 seasons in a single week compete with and beat the crap out of the Florida teams? It makes no sense.
                    I believe it is because of overall club stability. Many of the clubs in FL have a lot of turnover, in club names, coaches (who are transient like the population). There is no consistency here.

Comment

Why only focus on ECNL. Didn't GDA have a chance to come it and make it all work? Why is it that GDA made exactly the same "mistakes" as GDA? There is more at work in South Florida if two completely different leagues come in and can't make it work.

Comment

It's all about club management. A well run club is a well run club no matter where it's located. Several of the clubs that dropped out of GDA are the best in the country, and that should cause concern.

However, as for picking leagues pick your poison. Focus less on the league and more on the clubs itself in your area. Whoever has the best coaching and fit for your player matters much more than what league they play in.

Comment

Why only focus on ECNL. Didn't GDA have a chance to come it and make it all work? Why is it that GDA made exactly the same "mistakes" as GDA? There is more at work in South Florida if two completely different leagues come in and can't make it work.
                          GDA is no better. It's all a diluted mess. Some areas might be better than others but there is no perfect option. Pick the best option for your player/family regardless of league. You're going to pay a lot and travel a lot either way, so go for the coaching.

Comment

Lolololoololool.

Sunrise will be gone in 2 years absorbed by Weston

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X