Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ccsl

What has happened to CCSL? My son eventually wants to play for AC CT NPL and we were told playing in CCSL would help. Now we’re playing against travel teams and, according to their parents, they’re paying a quarter of what we’re paying?

What are you asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What are you asking???
      If he doesn’t make NPL this year, is there any point staying at the club? Is playing in CCSL likely to help him develop enough to get there? We don’t want to waste money.

Comment

What has happened to CCSL? My son eventually wants to play for AC CT NPL and we were told playing in CCSL would help. Now we’re playing against travel teams and, according to their parents, they’re paying a quarter of what we’re paying?
        Your kid is right where he belongs, at a crap club in a crap league. Sounds to me like you are the guy who started the “sucker” thread

Comment

If he doesn’t make NPL this year, is there any point staying at the club? Is playing in CCSL likely to help him develop enough to get there? We don’t want to waste money.
          Are you may AC now or another club? Problem is in the younger ages theres a lot of crap competition out there. AC isn't alone in that problem. Then you have coaching which can vary a lot. Have him work hard on his own and find other opportunities to get in PT in pick up games etc. Becoming a better player doesn't happen witha fee hours a week of club soccer

Comment

Ok, here is an unbiased, unfiltered, honest response. First, AC Connecticut is a very solid club in the Danbury area. If you live anywhere up in that area it’s a great choice. There are two state leagues in CT now, CCSL and EDP. CCSL is affiliated with US Club (NPL) and EDP is affiliated with USYS (old CJSA). Because there are two choices both leagues are a watered down version of what could be one unified state league. My honest opinion is that the EDP league is stronger right now and it’s probably a 60%-40% split as far as best clubs in state. I have no dog in fight but I would just love to see one league with all the clubs in it. At this point in time EDP is in better position but that could always change. Each league touts a high end league. For CCSL that pathway leads to NPL and for EDP it’s their EDP National League. If you are playing in those leagues the competition is better but cost and travel go up. So buyer beware! So if you really are looking at what’s best for your kid know that the two state Premier leagues are a step up but there is another level. Knock on CCSL is they have quite a few town programs competing. If club is saying your kid belongs there and not on the higher level team maybe you should evaluate that.

Comment

Edp

Most of the second tier clubs (non ecnl and da) all left ccsl the last few years and joined edp. Edp is relatively solid comp for the kids that may be a step behind top level teams in the state.

But that did kill the ccsl league. Ccsl is now filled with a lot of the town premier and even many town travel programs. So clubs with decent teams really need to get out of ccsl and play edp at this point.

Comment

Edp

Most of the solid clubs play New England edp or in the National edp (regional). So the travel is annoying but that is clearly the way to go. The regional edp league is very strong. Def the best league you can play that isn’t ecnl or da. Npl league is mass is equivalent if you play upper divisions.

Comment

CCSL started off really solid but quickly started taking teams that didn't belong. It didn't help that at the same time CJSA disappeared so teams were desperate to find somewhere to play

Comment

Rush left CCSL because they were getting thrashed by Town Premier teams, as did many other premier clubs.

Comment

Rush left CCSL because they were getting thrashed by Town Premier teams, as did many other premier clubs.
                      Most Premier clubs left CCSL because they want to get away from town programs. The irony is that the CCSL was created to get away from CJSA. Now all the Premier teams are in EDP (sponsored by CJSA) and all the town teams are in CCSL. I think it’s likely more clubs will migrate to EDP and that is where most of the Premier clubs will end up. It is hard to distinguish between town clubs and weak Premier clubs. I believe the clubs that struggle with town programs will cease to exist in the next few years.

Comment

CCSL started off really solid but quickly started taking teams that didn't belong. It didn't help that at the same time CJSA disappeared so teams were desperate to find somewhere to play
                        ^ this. CCSL quickly lost its way and now is essentially what CJSA was. It's too bad because a lot of these teams, especially younger ones, shouldn't be driving all over the place for games. EDP is a good league if you're in the top brackets but less so in the lower ones. But if a club doesn't want to face local competition out of fear of losing players then there's a league out there to help them avoid it. Not that long ago gaining entrance into the more elite leagues was difficult, now it isn't

Comment

when the riff raff moves in, it's time to move out. CCSL was started by the legitimate premier clubs and was decent the first couple of years, but then they let in the riff raff and it all went downhill. Really hope EDP is smart and does not allow town premier - let those teams go play in the CJSA.

Comment

when the riff raff moves in, it's time to move out. CCSL was started by the legitimate premier clubs and was decent the first couple of years, but then they let in the riff raff and it all went downhill. Really hope EDP is smart and does not allow town premier - let those teams go play in the CJSA.
                            EDP is the only way you can play at a high(er) regional level for clubs locked out by ECNL

Comment

i think your question is, where does my son belong? and I think you're saying he tried out for the AC npl team, didn't make it and they offered him a place on the ccsl team?

if you're dead set on playing for an "NPL" team, I'm sure you can club hop and find a club that will take your kid. Not knowing what your experience is with ACC or what age or where you're from - I think it's fair to say they assessed your kid and he just want at that level - so they suggested the CCSL team as I would assume it's a better all around fit.

I only know a few coaches at that club and have seen a few of their teams play - like any other club in CT, some very good teams and some not so good teams. at the end of the day, if your kid isn't good enough to play on their top team and they're still providing an option - then it sounds like they are building a bottom up model to retain and develop the players they want.

For whatever reason, everyone on TS bashes those guys when they're brought up, but, that's just Connecticut soccer in general.

Bottom line, if you're kid is enjoying himself and developing - stay...just make sure you're being realistic and including your kid in the conversation instead of wanting to play on a team that has some league letters attached to it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X