Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get smart parents and practice what you preach to your kids. Economics 101. Your rate of return should exceed your investment over long run... Including your kid’s. I am certain that you upper middle class parents ( because let’s face it- soccer not a sport for those without means) are starting to wonder where is my rate of return on this endeavor? Your portfolios did not rise on account of foolish and reckless investment decisions.

3700 per year for elite soccer plus travel plus uniforms equals about 10k a year.

Is your kid committed?

I can not wait for the “ my kid just wanted to play” posts.

I see and hear you all.. so desperately trying to justify where your kid stands in all and embarrassed to admit you are really paying for glitzy cars for coaches and owners new stadiums and resort hotels for showcases.
    I did the math. The ROI is acceptable as the benefit of knowing my kid is better than yours is priceless

Comment

Please show facts. You could be correct, but I’m not sure. Which 3 tournaments requiring flights are U12, U13 and U14 teams from CFC and FSA attending? List them.
      CFC 07 ECNL going to ECNL event in TX
      FSA 07, FSA 06, CFC 07 and 06 going to pheinix AZ
      05 and above went to FL and AZ.

You can drive if you like but I would suggest a flight.

I am assuming your D or S play for a CFC branch team or FSA B/C team and didn’t realize it so didn’t know that these trips for the better players/players who can afford it excisted and I think a number of these team went to FL in the spring to.

Comment

Please show facts. You could be correct, but I’m not sure. Which 3 tournaments requiring flights are U12, U13 and U14 teams from CFC and FSA attending? List them.

CFC did send young teams to Texas last year. It was really the parents driving that decision and not the club. U12 and U13/U14 don't attend most of the major events. Showcases are U15 to U17. U18 don't attend any.

The return on high end club soccer isn't great. A handful of kids get a ton of athletic money are really make out well on the investment. Kids going to mid majors get a discount and it still works out reasonably well. My kid got 15K of athletic money and about the same academically. The merit money would have come if she never touched a soccer ball so I don't factor that into the equation. 60K of soccer money sounds great but if I had taken every dollar put into soccer (club dues, hotels, flights, cleats) and invested it, I'd certainly have more than 60k to show for it.

I look at club soccer like going on a vacation, having a powerboat or even a golf membership. It's nice to have, enjoyable but there's not really going to be a return.

Comment

I am assuming your D or S play for a CFC branch team or FSA B/C team and didn’t realize it so didn’t know that these trips for the better players/players who can afford it excisted and I think a number of these team went to FL in the spring to.
          That’s what I figured, incorrect nonsense. Try again, it’s not that hard to look this stuff up.
          My kid is ECNL (older age group), so bad assumption on your part.

Comment

Gawd what a shltshow on our last trip to the Showcase. So we were leaving Texas, fourth day of July, sun so hot, the clouds so low, the eagles filled the sky. Catch the Detroit Lightnin out of Sante Fe. The Great Northern out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea.

Comment

Flying middle school kids to these events is insane. Problem is parents at this age are sweating their kids staying on the ECNL rosters and don't have the backbone to push back. There is absolutely no reason in the world for middle school players to fly for soccer.

Getting big tournament experience is important but can be accomplished by driving to the Jefferson Cup in VA.

Comment

Flying middle school kids to these events is insane. Problem is parents at this age are sweating their kids staying on the ECNL rosters and don't have the backbone to push back. There is absolutely no reason in the world for middle school players to fly for soccer.

Getting big tournament experience is important but can be accomplished by driving to the Jefferson Cup in VA.
                Time is money. Much easier to fly vs. driving.

Safer, too.

Comment

I’m guessing that 99% of the parents from the other branches are happy not to be going to Houston.

Comment

Get smart parents and practice what you preach to your kids. Economics 101. Your rate of return should exceed your investment over long run... Including your kid’s. I am certain that you upper middle class parents ( because let’s face it- soccer not a sport for those without means) are starting to wonder where is my rate of return on this endeavor? Your portfolios did not rise on account of foolish and reckless investment decisions.

3700 per year for elite soccer plus travel plus uniforms equals about 10k a year.

Is your kid committed?

I can not wait for the “ my kid just wanted to play” posts.

I see and hear you all.. so desperately trying to justify where your kid stands in all and embarrassed to admit you are really paying for glitzy cars for coaches and owners new stadiums and resort hotels for showcases.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and I never baby talk to our kids. We use full sentences and a wide vocabulary including complex words.

My son is 3 and can carry a full conversation. Adults at family gatherings are shocked at his social aptitude. My daughter isn’t even 2 and she uses 4-syllable words.

Comment

Listen pal, all this alphabet soup has our head's spinning. Pick up a dictionary and learn to spell. As a Rec-Division Championship coach (2x), we don't rely on letters, but fierce team names like Tigers, Gorillas and Sharks. No planes, trains or automobiles either. Town fields will do just fine.

Let that marinate, pal.

Comment

Listen pal, all this alphabet soup has our head's spinning. Pick up a dictionary and learn to spell. As a Rec-Division Championship coach (2x), we don't rely on letters, but fierce team names like Tigers, Gorillas and Sharks. No planes, trains or automobiles either. Town fields will do just fine.

Let that marinate, pal.

That's ridiculous. First, Tigers and Sharks wouldn't be competing directly. Sharks would be in the aquatic league and Tigers in the Savannah league.

Gorillas could cross into either platform, but they are really herbivores so really wouldn't naturally compete with either.

Crocodiles, though. That's who you should be scared of. And Polar Bears...nobody is touching Polar Bears.

Comment

That's ridiculous. First, Tigers and Sharks wouldn't be competing directly. Sharks would be in the aquatic league and Tigers in the Savannah league.

Gorillas could cross into either platform, but they are really herbivores so really wouldn't naturally compete with either.

Crocodiles, though. That's who you should be scared of. And Polar Bears...nobody is touching Polar Bears.
                          Listen pal, your trivial attempt at quality is poor at best. Since this is an "everyone gets a trophy" type of thing going on, I'm going to give you another attempt. As a Rec-Division Championship Coach (2x), you'll be doing hills soon enough.

Let that marinate, pal.

Comment

3 tournaments for CFC 2006s = 3 RT flights = unnecessary $$$

Comment

3 tournaments for CFC 2006s = 3 RT flights = unnecessary $$$
                              I don’t think you should take vacation with your family, be able to drive a nice car or live in a nice home = unnecessary money

You shouldn’t be able to have a riding mower either by the way, you should be fine with a push mower. Riding mower = unnecessary money

Comment

I don’t think you should take vacation with your family, be able to drive a nice car or live in a nice home = unnecessary money

You shouldn’t be able to have a riding mower either by the way, you should be fine with a push mower. Riding mower = unnecessary money
                                Don't need 3 vacations, 3 nice cars or 3 nice homes....or even 3 riding mowers. I agree with you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X