Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Mergers?

I know that someone posted this previously, but was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that Beachside and CT Pythons are consolidating into the Rush National brand. Could this be true with JS, Omar, and some mega soccer investment from George Altir’s from Capelli Sport begins it all?

Any truth to that rumor - or just smoke?

Not sure if there will be a Cedar Stars connection with Rush - but I think there are a few things at play with some other Clubs in bed with one another to change the face of the soccer landscape in CT.

Comment

MK and JS are desperate to build a facility. They both are connected to Capelli so it’s possible they are trying to consolidate. There was a lot of talk on fragmentation in the marketplace with the GPS threads. They had venture capitalists involved. Maybe these guys hope to block together a large piece of the market.

Comment

Beachside is a non entity. MK really screwed the pooch with a once proud club.

Comment

Omar will spearhead this effort with his acute business acumen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Omar will spearhead this effort with his acute business acumen.
            Just think 5 foot tropies

Comment

Not sure if there will be a Cedar Stars connection with Rush - but I think there are a few things at play with some other Clubs in bed with one another to change the face of the soccer landscape in CT.
              Looking at this objectively, it would be a foolish decision for someone to sink money into a youth soccer venture in CT. The market is very saturated.

FSA, CFC and OW have all invested in their platforms. They all own their own indoor and outdoor facilities and have access to the top leagues in the country. No one competes with that.

The next level down sees Sporting and Ginga that have big numbers and also have homes that they control. Rush also having spotty success.

The third tier sees Yankee, SCP, Vale, Academica and town premier fighting for the scraps

Where exactly do you see a new operation fitting in? Soccer numbers are actually going down

Comment

I know that someone posted this previously, but was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that Beachside and CT Pythons are consolidating into the Rush National brand. Could this be true with JS, Omar, and some mega soccer investment from George Altir’s from Capelli Sport begins it all?

Any truth to that rumor - or just smoke?
                This would be the scientific equivalent of breeding snakes with a skunk, all overseen by a dbag geneticist.

I totally see this happening.

Comment

Does this mean Crystal finally gets a new, clean hoodie??

Comment

Looking at this objectively, it would be a foolish decision for someone to sink money into a youth soccer venture in CT. The market is very saturated.

FSA, CFC and OW have all invested in their platforms. They all own their own indoor and outdoor facilities and have access to the top leagues in the country. No one competes with that.

The next level down sees Sporting and Ginga that have big numbers and also have homes that they control. Rush also having spotty success.

The third tier sees Yankee, SCP, Vale, Academica and town premier fighting for the scraps

Where exactly do you see a new operation fitting in? Soccer numbers are actually going down
                    CFC doesn’t have lights on their outdoor fields, that puts them with sporting category

Comment

Oakwood, CFC and FSA are the only true clubs in the state. Depending on what you are looking for each is good at certain things

Comment

I am 100% NOT a CFC fan. However, I have tremendous respect for them for their commitment to building a facility. It’s a monumental task. As a soccer fan they get full marks from me for getting this done and are up there with Oakwood and FSA. These clubs have fully vested and committed to their membership. This is what separates them from BD of SCP, MK of Beachside, and JS of Rush. If these guys or any other club build a facility then their status will rise in the soccer community. People making fun of parking at FSA or hot dogs at Oakwood are just bitter, jealous people.

Comment

But mickey tried to build a facility.
                          Lol.

Comment

Lol.
                            They have a facility in Waterbury.

Comment

Lol.
                              They actually have two facilities, Stratford and Waterbury.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X