Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The kids playing this past year weren't recruited. DK will change things for the better
    If he was on staff, then he’s partly responsible for the mess is he not? In fairness, due to title IX issues, CCSU cut funding for most of their men’s programs while the women weren’t touched. CCSU women are probably one of the best funded programs in their conference, if not the best funded. They should win.

Comment

If he was on staff, then he’s partly responsible for the mess is he not? In fairness, due to title IX issues, CCSU cut funding for most of their men’s programs while the women weren’t touched. CCSU women are probably one of the best funded programs in their conference, if not the best funded. They should win.

CCSU is the only public school in the Northeast Conference, I would bet that both programs (Men and Women) are among the least funded programs within the conference. I am pretty sure neither of them are fully funded and are probably well behind schools like Sacred Heart in their ability to offer scholarships.

That explains the Men's results and to be honest it makes what the Women have done even more impressive.

Comment

That's right - they did slash men's scholarships pretty deeply. Not that there's much $ in men's soccer anyway, but if they've got even less to give it isn't helping either

Comment

CCSU is the only public school in the Northeast Conference, I would bet that both programs (Men and Women) are among the least funded programs within the conference. I am pretty sure neither of them are fully funded and are probably well behind schools like Sacred Heart in their ability to offer scholarships.

That explains the Men's results and to be honest it makes what the Women have done even more impressive.
          You would be incorrect on the women. CCSU cut men’s sports funding. Women are one of the best funded programs in the conference. Add to it a cheap in state price tag, and you can have success there.

Comment

You would be incorrect on the women. CCSU cut men’s sports funding. Women are one of the best funded programs in the conference. Add to it a cheap in state price tag, and you can have success there.
            Thanks Matt

Comment

How do you know levels of funding? Is that publicly available information? I’ve often wondered how people claim to know that.

Comment

How do you know levels of funding? Is that publicly available information? I’ve often wondered how people claim to know that.
                It's out there but it does take a lot of digging

Comment

It's out there but it does take a lot of digging
                  Anyone who has it, please post a link.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X