Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dumb comment. Commitment lists are a dumb way to measure anything. Both leagues offer the same level of exposure. the amount on any team is dictated by talent and circumstance . A team with one hot player may draw 70 coaches and all the big ones. That has nothing to do with the league.
    Agreed.

The question simply comes down to this.

Did every girl on the team, who wanted to play in college, get into her school of choice? If that answer is yes, then one club is as good as the other. It's about player objectives and ultimately, player choice. A good club helps the player identify her choices and supports her as best they can through on field and off field actions to realize the choice she makes.

After that, it's entirely on her to advance herself at the next level. How much a player plays once she is on the college roster has nothing to do with the club anymore. Thus, it's not a reflection on the club, good or bad, how many or how little minutes their alumni get in college.

Comment

Agreed.

The question simply comes down to this.

Did every girl on the team, who wanted to play in college, get into her school of choice? If that answer is yes, then one club is as good as the other. It's about player objectives and ultimately, player choice. A good club helps the player identify her choices and supports her as best they can through on field and off field actions to realize the choice she makes.

After that, it's entirely on her to advance herself at the next level. How much a player plays once she is on the college roster has nothing to do with the club anymore. Thus, it's not a reflection on the club, good or bad, how many or how little minutes their alumni get in college.
      Agreed OR Just answered your own post??? You sound like a kindergarten teacher explaining the process.......Everyone is a winner and everyone goes to their favorite school.... Shut your pie hole Ma'am until you know what competitive soccer is all about.

Comment

Agreed OR Just answered your own post??? You sound like a kindergarten teacher explaining the process.......Everyone is a winner and everyone goes to their favorite school.... Shut your pie hole Ma'am until you know what competitive soccer is all about.

I've coached more premier club games and high school games in my life than the number of times you've stood watching your kids from the parents' side, in all your life. Of that I can be certain.

I didn't say everyone is a winner or that everyone goes to their favorite school. What I did say was that this outcome is the only real indicator of a club's successful contribution to a player reaching that level.

What was the player's objective? Did the club assist in any way helping the player achieve that objective? What was the nature of the club's contribution? How much impact did the club have in the final outcome? These are the true measures of the value of one club as opposed to another in the equation.

The soccer club provides a "service". The value of that service is highly subjective and can only be determined individual by individual. And because there are several clubs offering this service at the same level in the area, there is also a marketplace. The question becomes one of is it a customer driven marketplace or is it a provider driven marketplace?
        The behavior of the clubs often named in these discussions would indicate they think it is a customer driven market.

This is why abstract lists of college commitments mean nothing other than to serve as a "marketing" tool. There's no meat behind these lists that reflect how the club helped kids get into the school or even if that was where the player had hoped to be. We would like to assume that, because it keeps the debate simple and ongoing. But in the end, proper club assessment requires a much deeper analysis.

And for those who think it's about won/loss records, winning national titles or how many minutes a player gets in college after aging out of her club program, well, that's just drinking the kool aid.

Comment

I've coached more premier club games and high school games in my life than the number of times you've stood watching your kids from the parents' side, in all your life. Of that I can be certain.

I didn't say everyone is a winner or that everyone goes to their favorite school. What I did say was that this outcome is the only real indicator of a club's successful contribution to a player reaching that level.

What was the player's objective? Did the club assist in any way helping the player achieve that objective? What was the nature of the club's contribution? How much impact did the club have in the final outcome? These are the true measures of the value of one club as opposed to another in the equation.

The soccer club provides a "service". The value of that service is highly subjective and can only be determined individual by individual. And because there are several clubs offering this service at the same level in the area, there is also a marketplace. The question becomes one of is it a customer driven marketplace or is it a provider driven marketplace?
          The behavior of the clubs often named in these discussions would indicate they think it is a customer driven market.

This is why abstract lists of college commitments mean nothing other than to serve as a "marketing" tool. There's no meat behind these lists that reflect how the club helped kids get into the school or even if that was where the player had hoped to be. We would like to assume that, because it keeps the debate simple and ongoing. But in the end, proper club assessment requires a much deeper analysis.

And for those who think it's about won/loss records, winning national titles or how many minutes a player gets in college after aging out of her club program, well, that's just drinking the kool aid.
          Thanks Coach?
          2:00 in the morning rant...hmm
          With all that experience and you come home from the pub and rant? You truly are Jerry McGuire....haha
          Who would hire or what parent wants an "experienced" coach ranting at 2 in the morning???
          I can only imagine the emails you sent out during the grind of a season......if you REALLY coached, but surly not at the level you proclaimed.
          Thanks for the kind speech again on everyone is a winner and their first choice is only a practice away.
          I hope you'll rest until noon today.... And please hydrate! The heat could've been involved also.

Comment

Thanks Coach?
            2:00 in the morning rant...hmm
            With all that experience and you come home from the pub and rant? You truly are Jerry McGuire....haha
            Who would hire or what parent wants an "experienced" coach ranting at 2 in the morning???
            I can only imagine the emails you sent out during the grind of a season......if you REALLY coached, but surly not at the level you proclaimed.
            Thanks for the kind speech again on everyone is a winner and their first choice is only a practice away.
            I hope you'll rest until noon today.... And please hydrate! The heat could've been involved also.

If that is all you got out of that poster's message, then you really don't get it.

You ignore all the content to focus on the time of day it was posted? How shallow and superficial are you dude?

Perhaps the fellow works 3rd shift.

In any event, you are the buffoon here.

Comment

If that is all you got out of that poster's message, then you really don't get it.

You ignore all the content to focus on the time of day it was posted? How shallow and superficial are you dude?

Perhaps the fellow works 3rd shift.

In any event, you are the buffoon here.
              Both posts have MM written all over it. YU’s new approach: Don’t look at our college placements claims, like how many kids don’t end up on the rosters or ever see the field. Don’t hold us responsible for the sales rhetoric we sold you regarding said child’s potential future success that lead you to sign with our club in the first place. Also, ignore our losing records across the board in the increasingly weakened NE NPL league because fielding competitive teams is a sideshow of a club’s success. Just be happy you are lucky enough to be in the presence of our superior coaching staff because their greatness is the product worth paying for.

Comment

spot on. I made the original "dumb comment " post. I read the North east boards for fun even though my child currently plays in college. The level of BS is amusing. the post above nails it. My kid got the things she needed from the Club she played for and could have gotten them elsewhere. Lets say she had. does that make one club better than the other given that she starts at a top soccer school? Of course not.

Most of these clubs are capable of providing an environment that will support all types of player at a level the player determines. Judging them on blind commits in idiotic

Comment

Knock off the posting whilst drunk.

Comment

Both posts have MM written all over it. YU’s new approach: Don’t look at our college placements claims, like how many kids don’t end up on the rosters or ever see the field. Don’t hold us responsible for the sales rhetoric we sold you regarding said child’s potential future success that lead you to sign with our club in the first place. Also, ignore our losing records across the board in the increasingly weakened NE NPL league because fielding competitive teams is a sideshow of a club’s success. Just be happy you are lucky enough to be in the presence of our superior coaching staff because their greatness is the product worth paying for.
                    and your post has all the signs of a parent who takes no responsibility for the outcomes. expecting a coach/club to work miracles. It starts and ends with the kid. The biggest input to these kids is how they are raised, not how they are coached

Comment

and your post has all the signs of a parent who takes no responsibility for the outcomes. expecting a coach/club to work miracles. It starts and ends with the kid. The biggest input to these kids is how they are raised, not how they are coached
                      Lack of accountability and responsibility confirmed here by YU management. The agreement post above was also a classic touch.

Comment

Lack of accountability and responsibility confirmed here by YU management. The agreement post above was also a classic touch.
                        Beachside does that a lot as well, blame the player/families. So shocking that both clubs are struggling, right ;)

Comment

Well, I'm not Matt Mones and I don't have anything to do with Yankee United. I've had some girls from that club play for me in high school.

Believe me, this rhetoric you offer is sold equally by CFC, FSA, Oakwood, Ginga and just about every other club that sees itself as a regional draw. My kids at high school confirm this and my own kids went through it all in their time as well. Hell, even the club I coach at does it to some degree. That's the marketplace in action.

Nice rant though. Sure wish it had helped forward the dialogue.

Comment

Well, I'm not Matt Mones and I don't have anything to do with Yankee United. I've had some girls from that club play for me in high school.

Believe me, this rhetoric you offer is sold equally by CFC, FSA, Oakwood, Ginga and just about every other club that sees itself as a regional draw. My kids at high school confirm this and my own kids went through it all in their time as well. Hell, even the club I coach at does it to some degree. That's the marketplace in action.

Nice rant though. Sure wish it had helped forward the dialogue.
                            The difference is the rhetoric from many other clubs is followed through upon to at least some degree, although I have to agree about BS. YU has a chosen few they support and market tirelessly and the rest is buyer beware.
                            Funny you call it a rant. I call it satirically correct. They are make my fun of you.

Comment

The difference is the rhetoric from many other clubs is followed through upon to at least some degree, although I have to agree about BS. YU has a chosen few they support and market tirelessly and the rest is buyer beware.
                              Funny you call it a rant. I call it satirically correct. They are make my fun of you.
                              That’s all clubs
                              Does CFC care about the wolves after U-14 no they are on there own
                              How about the level of concern for FSA nil
                              Gongs sucks after 8v8 so no one cares

Comment

Funny is- clubs luv good players/ and post like this are written by parents who try too hard and their kids are just not That good
                                The parent doesn’t understand but the kid does
                                Every club has this most teams do as well
                                Pathetic sight

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X