World Class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of the coaching style. As someone stated DOC is a loon. Witnessed U-little coach calling girls names during games, not my cup of tea. Look elsewhere as others have suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not a fan of the coaching style. As someone stated DOC is a loon. Witnessed U-little coach calling girls names during games, not my cup of tea. Look elsewhere as others have suggested.
      You’re full of crap. The NYSC coaches are the ones who need therapy. I can send you HUDL videoclips on Carlos practically rolling on the floor having a temper tantrum. And yes. The DOC at WC did get thrown out of one game, 3 years ago. You got me there. What NYSC people will say to get people to think twice before leaving. Don’t hate us cause you ain’t us.

Comment

Wcfc best club in NY. Not politically run like NYSC

Comment

World class: Kick it to the big kid!!!!

Comment

World class: Kick it to the big kid!!!!
            Except they have no big kids, Godzilla is at NEFC ; )

Comment

Except they have no big kids, Godzilla is at NEFC ; )
              World Class is all about footskills and game sense. They have probably the best footskills trainer in the tristate area and they have some coaches who are probably the best tactical instructors in the area as well. They will not coddle your kids but they will make them into players

Comment

World Class is all about footskills and game sense. They have probably the best footskills trainer in the tristate area and they have some coaches who are probably the best tactical instructors in the area as well. They will not coddle your kids but they will make them into players
                I hadn’t had heard Vedder is training at World Class now.

Comment

I hadn’t had heard Vedder is training at World Class now.
                  He is second best. He is sending his players to WC though. With the demise of GDA, watch out for the WC teams this coming year.

Comment

He is second best. He is sending his players to WC though. With the demise of GDA, watch out for the WC teams this coming year.
                    Probably the other way round.

Comment

Say what you will about World Class, but one thing I know is that on this board and at BOTN, I see tons of people talk about DoCs at the other big clubs lying to kids and being underhanded. In my D's experience with World Class over the last 5 years or so, I will say that the DoCs (Kaz and Chris) have always been up front and honest with us. We have not always liked what they tell us, but they've not lied to us or tried to mislead us.

Comment

Say what you will about World Class, but one thing I know is that on this board and at BOTN, I see tons of people talk about DoCs at the other big clubs lying to kids and being underhanded. In my D's experience with World Class over the last 5 years or so, I will say that the DoCs (Kaz and Chris) have always been up front and honest with us. We have not always liked what they tell us, but they've not lied to us or tried to mislead us.
                        Our Doc RM doesn’t lie. He is just a giaganticly big dick.

Comment

True, you may not like what CK says, but he says what he thinks, Kaz too....

Comment

Welcome to the craziness that is youth soccer in America. You will hear a lot of very biased opinions on here so glean what you can from the posts and ignore the rest. In Westchester, the best boys programs are NYSC and FC Westchester. I cannot speak to the boys program at World Class. My daughter has played for both NYSC and World Class. There are pluses and minuses about all these programs. They all have slightly different styles of play and different emphases. Each club has some coaches that are great and some that are not great so which team your kid(s) are on and which coach they would have, could influence your decision. I'd recommend reaching out to all three clubs and arranging to attend a few practices and see what works best for your kids. We have friends who came midway through the year from England and couldn't arrange for a spot at a club for all their kids so they joined the Red Bulls RDS and trained with them until the next season.

Also, when it comes to girls, ignore the GDA and ECNL debate. Both leagues are a high level of play but the jury is still out on the GDA in the Northeast. The GDA is only 2 years old and has struggled somewhat with 3 major northeast clubs leaving in the last two years and others struggling to get enough players to show up for tryouts and games. You daughter is 9, hopefully it will shake out before she reaches U13. At 9, you will get good training from all three of these clubs.

Comment

Welcome to the craziness that is youth soccer in America. You will hear a lot of very biased opinions on here so glean what you can from the posts and ignore the rest. In Westchester, the best boys programs are NYSC and FC Westchester. I cannot speak to the boys program at World Class. My daughter has played for both NYSC and World Class. There are pluses and minuses about all these programs. They all have slightly different styles of play and different emphases. Each club has some coaches that are great and some that are not great so which team your kid(s) are on and which coach they would have, could influence your decision. I'd recommend reaching out to all three clubs and arranging to attend a few practices and see what works best for your kids. We have friends who came midway through the year from England and couldn't arrange for a spot at a club for all their kids so they joined the Red Bulls RDS and trained with them until the next season.

Also, when it comes to girls, ignore the GDA and ECNL debate. Both leagues are a high level of play but the jury is still out on the GDA in the Northeast. The GDA is only 2 years old and has struggled somewhat with 3 major northeast clubs leaving in the last two years and others struggling to get enough players to show up for tryouts and games. You daughter is 9, hopefully it will shake out before she reaches U13. At 9, you will get good training from all three of these clubs.
                              +1. there is no reason at ages 12 and 9 to be fighting traffic on 287 to pay tolls and train at WC when you have 2 very good options literally minutes from where you are. your family will thank you for it.

Comment

+1. there is no reason at ages 12 and 9 to be fighting traffic on 287 to pay tolls and train at WC when you have 2 very good options literally minutes from where you are. your family will thank you for it.
                                We were one of those Westchester families that left a good situation at NYSC, for a much better one at WCFC. My daughter made the jump at u15, so the post above has some validity, but it should in no way be the deciding factor. If I were you, just go check-out WCFC, and see if you like the atmosphere better, as at younger ages its more important. However at u14 and above, you would be nuts to stay at NYSC. NYCFC/World Class ECNL will be the club of choice for many years to come....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X