Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Basically you don't have anything useful to add. Go enjoy your ego fest at odp. Odp is where the egotistical parents congregate and compare their kids. The youth soccer landscape survives and will never improve because of idiots like you. You are really out of touch with reality.
    So you say "Odp is where the egotistical parents congregate and compare their kids. The youth soccer landscape survives and will never improve because of idiots like you. You are really out of touch with reality."

Keep staying at home and adding negative ridiculous comments about something you don't actually do. Great plan #$%#%.

Comment

So you say "Odp is where the egotistical parents congregate and compare their kids. The youth soccer landscape survives and will never improve because of idiots like you. You are really out of touch with reality."

Keep staying at home and adding negative ridiculous comments about something you don't actually do. Great plan #$%#%.
      TS is the real joke here. That much is clear.

Comment

I was wondering what would happen to the quality of ODP with DA and now ECNL being the bigshot. The thing I noticed was 1/2 of the girls are from ECNL teams and are heading to Florida in November. My daughter loved the regional camp and we all still felt it had been worthwhile whether she made the team or not. She is happy to be one of the non ECNL girls going.

Comment

My child did it for few years. At first I was very optimistic. After what I saw year after year, I realize odp is a joke. At one time odp was legit. That is not the case anymore. Odp has turn into a place where parents go to stroke their ego. You must believe your child is going to make to the olympic and the odp coaches are the best coaches around.

Comment

Sam here my daughter went to many ODP camps, Montevallo, AL and Florida Southern a couple of summers. Even did some national training sessions (now that program really seemed political) She made the state ODP team, but once she joined the DA it was all done. Some say the quality really went down, but honestly it just became irrelevant when your in the DA bubble (drinking kool-aid). Now back playing final years in ECNL/high school. I guess it was great exposure against other top players from the SE USA. She still keeps in contact with some of the players she met. As a D1 commit she may play against them someday.

Comment

Sam here my daughter went to many ODP camps, Montevallo, AL and Florida Southern a couple of summers. Even did some national training sessions (now that program really seemed political) She made the state ODP team, but once she joined the DA it was all done. Some say the quality really went down, but honestly it just became irrelevant when your in the DA bubble (drinking kool-aid). Now back playing final years in ECNL/high school. I guess it was great exposure against other top players from the SE USA. She still keeps in contact with some of the players she met. As a D1 commit she may play against them someday.
              Like everything in youth soccer you (the parent) have to put in the extra effort to make sure any aspect of what your kid is involved in helps their journey. The people that get disappointed with ODP are the people that think they can pay $150 and their will be swept up into a process that has them playing on the USWNT. Use it for exactly what it is, one more piece of the puzzle of your child’s future. If all goes well they can play with other great players and go on an international trip or two. It was great for our kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X