Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    #40 Mohammed is the real deal...probably the best 05 between all the Oregon DAs...u can put him at any position on the field and he is dangerous
    Give me a break- not a chance he is good but mostly another kid with incredible pace that you can play balls over the top and through to. #14 makes the wash timbers go and I am sure was in the middle of all the action.

Comment

#40 Mohammed is the real deal...probably the best 05 between all the Oregon DAs...u can put him at any position on the field and he is dangerous
      Good? Yes.

Best 05? Thanks, Mom!!!

He deserves mucho props for his improvement. He was on the B team last year, and is now a legit DA player. But more than 2-3 games will be needed to elevate him (or any player) among the best of the best.

Will be interesting to watch him develop further.

Comment

Good? Yes.

Best 05? Thanks, Mom!!!

He deserves mucho props for his improvement. He was on the B team last year, and is now a legit DA player. But more than 2-3 games will be needed to elevate him (or any player) among the best of the best.

Will be interesting to watch him develop further.
        It’s been much more than 2-3 games...when we played the TA he ate their lunch while he played almost every position on the field.

Comment

It’s been much more than 2-3 games...when we played the TA he ate their lunch while he played almost every position on the field.
          Are you referring to the scrimmage which WashT lost 4-0? Must have been airline food.

Comment

Westside 3 crossfire 3

Comment

Are you referring to the scrimmage which WashT lost 4-0? Must have been airline food.
              TA Honk feeling insecure. I love it when you TA parent's are desperate for validation.

Comment

TA Honk feeling insecure. I love it when you TA parent's are desperate for validation.
                Hey, it wasn't any TA honk claiming one of their players dominated a game--at all positions, no less--that his team lost by four goals.

There are at least 3 better players on Washington Timbers' 05 team, and that's not counting Theo or Caleb...

But way to throw his teammates under the bus.

Comment

Hey, it wasn't any TA honk claiming one of their players dominated a game--at all positions, no less--that his team lost by four goals.

There are at least 3 better players on Washington Timbers' 05 team, and that's not counting Theo or Caleb...

But way to throw his teammates under the bus.
                  Say what u will but next time you play WaT you tell me which player on their team gives your team the most trouble.

Comment

Say what u will but next time you play WaT you tell me which player on their team gives your team the most trouble.
                    That Harris kid is pretty good. What about him?

Comment

That Harris kid is pretty good. What about him?
                      Is this Mr or Mrs Harris asking?

Comment

Is this Mr or Mrs Harris asking?
                        Wow....neither. Not even a Washington Timbers parent. You a little anxious or got a little hysteria much?

No wonder people on this site make fun of all you yahoos who spend hours pouring over 12 year old soccer players.....

Comment

LOL,

I think all you WashT parents are being trolled by a Crossfire honk. After all, "I think player X is really great; so much better than his average teammates" is one of the oldest types of chum in the book.

Comment

Recap of today's Westside/Crossfire match.

This was an intense, well-played game. Westside (who had a short bench today) started off strong, dominating possession in the first five minutes of the game, but were unable to score. Eventually the tide started to turn in favor of Crossfire; and the home team soon took opened the scoring with a well-placed header off a cornerkick. Crossfire would double their lead a few minutes later when AB got loose on a counter-attack; he was tackled in the box but managed to recover the ball and score. Crossfire went into halftime with a 2-0 lead.

In the second half, Westside came up fired up, and quickly cut the lead to one, and then tied it soon after. The game started getting a bit more physical and chippy in the second half. Soon, with about 10-15 minutes left, Westside took the lead when their left wing sent in a blast from outside the box. That woke up Crossfire (one shout heard from the sideline: "this is an emergency!" as though someone's house was on fire), and they started to dominate the possession. About this time, Westside's left fullback suffered a minor injury--with no subs left, he had to stay on the field, and Crossfire figured this out quickly and started attacking him. But it would be a counterattack on the other side that would net Crossfire the tying goal. Both sides had a few chances to take the lead in the final minutes, but the whistle sounded with the game knotted at 3.

A bit surprising to see six goals scored in a game involving the top two defenses in Oregon DA. Crossfire is always a tough team to play, given their intense physicality; it's kinda like playing a U14 team. (And Crossfire is skilled too, so that comment should not be interpreted as disrespectful). While a win would have been nice, a tie is a result we will take in this one.

Summer tournament time, so we will see you all in the fall (if not before)!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              lol,

i think all you washt parents are being trolled by a crossfire honk. After all, "i think player x is really great; so much better than his average teammates" is one of the oldest types of chum in the book.
                              gooo fc portland!!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL,

I think all you WashT parents are being trolled by a Crossfire honk. After all, "I think player X is really great; so much better than his average teammates" is one of the oldest types of chum in the book.
                                Pretty sure that is not the case at all. Crossfire parents have nothing but respect and admiration for Washington's team and players. I love watching that team, they play a beautiful brand of soccer and their kids are first rate. More likely, given all the talk on here, that it was an FC parent.

Today's game with Westside was a good game. Cannot say enough good things about Westside. That team is dangerous, and their kids played incredibly well today, and deserved a win. We were flat (for whatever reason) and Westside was not. I cannot confirm ever hearing anybody yell "This is an emergency," but I did hear a lot of parent's imploring their kids to "wake up!" Lucky finish for us, but we will take it. Well done Westside. Your team has been fun to watch this year. Also, kudos to your parent group. Enjoyed sharing the sideline with you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X