Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The post about the full ride vs a partial scholarship was just pointing out the fact that so many early commits to schools such as, Duke, Penn, etc. aren't really what people think. Some of these big names are great for their education, yes, but some naïve people think that because they see those university names that the player committed must be great.

No, they're good enough.

Great players get 75% to full rides; and many from our area just aren't getting those numbers. Their parents just want to make you think their kid is something special because they got a commit. IMO the "special" is shown in the money offered.
    just so i understand you, you define a special player as one who is getting >75% from any school? One who is getting >75% from a top soccer school ? Some other definition ?

Comment

Hahaha, somewhat variable, sure.
      Yes. Somewhat variable. It is all about what you put into it and what you do when you actually get that first job.

Comment

just so i understand you, you define a special player as one who is getting >75% from any school? One who is getting >75% from a top soccer school ? Some other definition ?
        Hence the IMO. I am not impressed by school names. A player that puts in hard work and shown to be the cream of the crop will get numbers to support that. To me a scholarship in this race towards colleges with top soccer programs will show the difference between an elite player and those who are not.

Comment

This thread about SK and her closure to go to Rutgers is stupid. She wanted to stay local, got an offer from MO, and she was happy to accept, end of story.

Comment

Hence the IMO. I am not impressed by school names. A player that puts in hard work and shown to be the cream of the crop will get numbers to support that. To me a scholarship in this race towards colleges with top soccer programs will show the difference between an elite player and those who are not.
            unless you decide to take a lesser school for a variety of reasons ;)

Comment

Beachbum/Moderator Please delete last few pages of this THREAD

This thread about SK and her closure to go to Rutgers is stupid. She wanted to stay local, got an offer from MO, and she was happy to accept, end of story.
              Listen.......this is not for everyone so please those that this doesn't apply to please excuse me. Some of you or one of you is really sick and really not a nice person. Your comments and JOKES about a young lady and her ethnicity is certainly not called for and certainly not fair that you get to HIDE because a computer screen and make those remarks. I would say SHAME ON YOU but I know that it wouldn't mean anything to you as I am sure you been that way for years and this post and my comments will have no effect on you. That young woman has done nothing to you to deserve your STUPID jokes or tongue in cheek remarks. A true MAN or WOMAN would never stoop to that level or even remotely entertain that type of dialogue on such a forum. You want to talk crap about World Class......go ahead.....you want to talk crap about MO..........go ahead.........this young innocent young lady........No not SHAME ON YOU.........but just know when you are looking in the mirror........yep that's a MONSTER looking back at you and yes I call you a MONSTER because any person willing or will go to the extra mile to make those comments about a teen age kid..........YEP MONSTER thats what you or you(s) are.

Comment

Listen.......this is not for everyone so please those that this doesn't apply to please excuse me. Some of you or one of you is really sick and really not a nice person. Your comments and JOKES about a young lady and her ethnicity is certainly not called for and certainly not fair that you get to HIDE because a computer screen and make those remarks. I would say SHAME ON YOU but I know that it wouldn't mean anything to you as I am sure you been that way for years and this post and my comments will have no effect on you. That young woman has done nothing to you to deserve your STUPID jokes or tongue in cheek remarks. A true MAN or WOMAN would never stoop to that level or even remotely entertain that type of dialogue on such a forum. You want to talk crap about World Class......go ahead.....you want to talk crap about MO..........go ahead.........this young innocent young lady........No not SHAME ON YOU.........but just know when you are looking in the mirror........yep that's a MONSTER looking back at you and yes I call you a MONSTER because any person willing or will go to the extra mile to make those comments about a teen age kid..........YEP MONSTER thats what you or you(s) are.
                This is what is wrong with the US today. People get all upset over words. Almost 300 years ago we fought for freedom of speech, press, assembly, petition, etc.
                No such thing as Hate Speech. Just because you don't like or agree with it makes it Hate. Your are attacking the OP the way they attacked the player.
                You two are two of a kind.

Comment

This is what is wrong with the US today. People get all upset over words. Almost 300 years ago we fought for freedom of speech, press, assembly, petition, etc.
                  No such thing as Hate Speech. Just because you don't like or agree with it makes it Hate. Your are attacking the OP the way they attacked the player.
                  Whoever attacked a kid on an anonymous soccer forum with ugly nasty names is flat out wrong. period. Shame on them.

Comment

Did they go onto message boards and talk **** about kids college choices 300 years ago?

Comment

Did they go onto message boards and talk **** about kids college choices 300 years ago?
                      No, they did it face to face in a pub after an afternoon of fathering filth

Comment

Again.....you must be EITHER the ONE or one of the ONES....that posted that nonsense and yes offensive mess. I agree with you about he FREE of SPEECH and having the right I do honor and I am glad we in this country do have it.............BUT your FREE of speech comment is a COWARDLY move and NO WAY...........you make that comment out loud in front of your soccer peers and certainly not that young kids parents.............FORGET HER PARENTS.........THERE IS NO WAY YOU MAKE "THAT" or "THOSE" comments in front of any civilized or person with COMMON SENSE. Am I attacking you or the person(s).......call it what you wish but ITS FREEDOM of Speech right........WELL put it this way I would say this to your face or anyone that writes that nonsense FACE........because its WRONG!!!!!!

Comment

Again.....you must be EITHER the ONE or one of the ONES....that posted that nonsense and yes offensive mess. I agree with you about he FREE of SPEECH and having the right I do honor and I am glad we in this country do have it.............BUT your FREE of speech comment is a COWARDLY move and NO WAY...........you make that comment out loud in front of your soccer peers and certainly not that young kids parents.............FORGET HER PARENTS.........THERE IS NO WAY YOU MAKE "THAT" or "THOSE" comments in front of any civilized or person with COMMON SENSE. Am I attacking you or the person(s).......call it what you wish but ITS FREEDOM of Speech right........WELL put it this way I would say this to your face or anyone that writes that nonsense FACE........because its WRONG!!!!!!
                          Nope
                          Just like to stir the pot with fools like you.
                          Free Speech rules.

Comment

You get paid by the period and caps?

Comment

Nope
                              Just like to stir the pot with fools like you.
                              Free Speech rules.
                              Again..........MONSTER........I am okay with you coming at me.......I can handle your nonsense and you and I both know that you insecure self knows where this ends for you and that's on the computer.....I am just glad that I was able to get your attention this way.

Comment

Again..........MONSTER........I am okay with you coming at me.......I can handle your nonsense and you and I both know that you insecure self knows where this ends for you and that's on the computer.....I am just glad that I was able to get your attention this way.
                                Go....GET 'em...Norma....Rae....

.....CAPS.......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X