Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid had a recruiting call with a top 100 D1 and coach asked several questions regarding league.
    Coach asked-
    -How did you get on this team, where did you play prior?
    -What are the major differences between playing NPL and ECNL, how has that affected you as a player, what did you do to adjust, which do you prefer?
    -Why did you decide to play ECNL and not GDA?

Anyone who claims "league doesn't matter" is not dealing with a stong collegiate program.
    If a strong collegiate program thinks the league is more important then the club, that would be a major red flag to me. I am just an idiot soccer parent and I can see there are some excellent clubs and some real garbage clubs in all these leagues. I'd a college coach is unaware of that, I would be wary.

Comment

I have a friend who's younger daughter plays for Colley and she said he has two sets of rules those for his favorites and those for everyone else. He has told his teams they can't play for other programs and it per the SUSA contract yet he is best buddies with this one Susa parent at one of the age groups who has created his own team and several of the Susa players play for Susa and on their teammates dad's team. Their kids are on Intagram and other social outlets showing off playing for this non-SUsa team while their teammates and families of these kids scratch their heads. At Susa it appears kissing butt takes precedent over what these coaches put in writing as their and SUsa club rules.
      So you have a head coach allowing some kids to play outside Susa and others not being allowed? Something is not adding up, we are well aware of this Susa rule and if some are being allowed and others not you should go to Eddie Hackett or whoever the girls side DOC is. This rule is in place because the kids are suppose to be ONE. I would guess the coach doesn’t know this is going on and this parent need a firm spoken to.

Comment

Even more SUSA tryouts

If a strong collegiate program thinks the league is more important then the club, that would be a major red flag to me. I am just an idiot soccer parent and I can see there are some excellent clubs and some real garbage clubs in all these leagues. I'd a college coach is unaware of that, I would be wary.
        I think you just axed your whole argument....anyone would be wary of an " idiot soccer parent" (as you just called yourself) over a professional college coach.....dumb_ss!!!!! :)

Comment

That's quite a spin you got going there, lol! You'd be wary of a top collegiate program that is interested in the level of competition your kid is used to playing?
          Your posts make no sense. You claim lower level leagues have plenty of teams and players that can compete with teams and players in gda and ecnl, but then claim that lower level teams in gda and ecnl don't have any individual players that are comparable to players on top teams. All I have to say is Chilean GK!

Comment

That's quite a spin you got going there, lol! You'd be wary of a top collegiate program that is interested in the level of competition your kid is used to playing?
            Your posts make no sense. You claim lower level leagues have plenty of teams and players that can compete with teams and players in gda and ecnl, but then claim that lower level teams in gda and ecnl don't have any individual players that are comparable to players on top teams. All I have to say is Chilean GK!
            Moderator:

Create a separate thread for this clowns. This back an forth about ECNL GDA blah blah blah has zero to do with the original thread. Boys or girls take your posts to the correct thread(s) or they will be removed.

Comment

Moderator:

Create a separate thread for this clowns. This back an forth about ECNL GDA blah blah blah has zero to do with the original thread. Boys or girls take your posts to the correct thread(s) or they will be removed.
              Lol!!! Sorry to interrupt your nonsensical club bashing with an actual discussion...I'm sure you can find some good Susa bashing on one of the dozen threads created to do that😉

Comment

Lol!!! Sorry to interrupt your nonsensical club bashing with an actual discussion...I'm sure you can find some good Susa bashing on one of the dozen threads created to do that��
                Using big words are we? I believe the posts about Susa on this thread have been well defined. You hijacked the thread to spread you nonsensical rhetoric which is limited in any value.

Take to another thread about leagues and colleges etc. Don't be a keyboard cowboy, it makes you smaller than you already are.

Comment

Moderator:

Dope... SUSA is an ECNL club. Comparing what their league offers vs others is on point.

Comment

Nobody said the ECNL and DA players were all great
                    They do get the most exposure though and take up iver 70% of the D1 roster spots. In the scenarios listed your daughter is Player 1. I am glad it worked out for her. Do you mind sharing the school?
                    I can't share the school because I made the story up!

Comment

I can't share the school because I made the story up!
                      I won't share the school because it's my daughter you jack*****. Tell me what school your daughter is attending.

Comment

I won't share the school because it's my daughter you jack*****. Tell me what school your daughter is attending.
                        Get a life and let your children live theirs. A bunch of overweight dads here who likely never amounted to much on any field or court!!

Sad Long Islanders!

Comment

Get a life and let your children live theirs. A bunch of overweight dads here who likely never amounted to much on any field or court!!

Sad Long Islanders!
                          I guess you are one of those overweight dads who didn't amount to anything because you are here reading and posting. You too are sad.

Comment

I guess you are one of those overweight dads who didn't amount to anything because you are here reading and posting. You too are sad.
                            Not exactly. Played overseas for 3 years until I broke several bones in my leg as a result of a car accident. I now watch "quietly" as my kids play with some great kids but "some" of the parents are very disconnected from the reality of where all this will end up. A lot of them have never played past high school nor have ever played this sport.

I am actually coming on here because we just moved over to Susa and didn't know of this site until recently. There is useful info here with people sharing their experiences with different clubs. It appears Susa is going through some growing pains as some of the trainers I have seen are ill-equipped to train the talent that is in front of them. Great players and some good parents but the training..... sure hope gets better.

Comment

Even more SUSA tryouts

Not exactly. Played overseas for 3 years until I broke several bones in my leg as a result of a car accident. I now watch "quietly" as my kids play with some great kids but "some" of the parents are very disconnected from the reality of where all this will end up. A lot of them have never played past high school nor have ever played this sport.

I am actually coming on here because we just moved over to Susa and didn't know of this site until recently. There is useful info here with people sharing their experiences with different clubs. It appears Susa is going through some growing pains as some of the trainers I have seen are ill-equipped to train the talent that is in front of them. Great players and some good parents but the training..... sure hope gets better.
                              you are a P_ssy soccer player...i've been hit by two cars and never broke anything...you should've seen the cars!!!!!!!

Comment

you are a P_ssy soccer player...i've been hit by two cars and never broke anything...you should've seen the cars!!!!!!!
                                Hilarious. You’re a comic genius. I hear the Susa sideline is full of them. Biggest joke is paying all that cash for crappy training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X