X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Oswego Nike Cup

Who is going?

Schedules out and I'm glad they have enough in my teams age/gender to ensure we are in a very competitive bracket. Bronze.

I've been there a few times and enjoyed playing at Memorial Park in Wilsonville but I don't see it on the list this year. Maybe I missed it.

Hoping for my players to pick up a pin for their backpack and maybe a new hoodie.

As I recall last year, I did have trouble finding parking at a middle school crammed up in LO but don't recall any other issues.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is going?

Schedules out and I'm glad they have enough in my teams age/gender to ensure we are in a very competitive bracket. Bronze.

I've been there a few times and enjoyed playing at Memorial Park in Wilsonville but I don't see it on the list this year. Maybe I missed it.

Hoping for my players to pick up a pin for their backpack and maybe a new hoodie.

As I recall last year, I did have trouble finding parking at a middle school crammed up in LO but don't recall any other issues.
    OPFC 05s are NOT going. And it's their own dang tournament. Sad!

Comment

OPFC 05s are NOT going. And it's their own dang tournament. Sad!
      Why not?

Comment

Who is going?

This tournament is still around? Who knew?

Comment

This tournament is still around? Who knew?
          Every "legitimate" coach and team manager knows about this tournament and considers if it's right for their team.

Comment

Every "legitimate" coach and team manager knows about this tournament and considers if it's right for their team.
            At some age groups, the field is stronger than PCU Summer Classic. (At others, it isn't).

On the downside, fields are spread out--not quite as bad as the Mt. Hood Challenge, but almost as bad: http://events.gotsport.com/events/fi...71341&FieldID=

Among the venues: Clackamas High School, 53rd Avenue Park in Hillsboro, Memorial Park in Wilsonville, Sherwood HS, George Rogers Park in downtown LO, and MVCP in Aloha.

Comment

We are sending our 3rd teams there

Comment

We are sending our 3rd teams there
                I assume you and whomever believe that's the right fit for those teams. That's good. I've been to LO Nike Cup a few times. I had one team make it to the gold finals and lose 1-0. another to a silver final and lose in extra time. Another middle of the bronze bracket. It doesn't matter. Generally the tournament is run pretty good and it seems the weather is always nice.

Anyone, at ANY level of Oregon soccer that thinks the there is something more important than parents enjoying their kids and the recreation of playing a game, lack awareness and perspective.

Comment

I assume you and whomever believe that's the right fit for those teams. That's good. I've been to LO Nike Cup a few times. I had one team make it to the gold finals and lose 1-0. another to a silver final and lose in extra time. Another middle of the bronze bracket. It doesn't matter. Generally the tournament is run pretty good and it seems the weather is always nice.

Anyone, at ANY level of Oregon soccer that thinks the there is something more important than parents enjoying their kids and the recreation of playing a game, lack awareness and perspective.
                  I'm more concerned with the players enjoying the game.....but happy to see parents enjoy it as well.

Comment

I'm more concerned with the players enjoying the game.....but happy to see parents enjoy it as well.
                    I'm more concerned with what kind of cool gear I can bring. I got a new folding chair that has a pop up canopy, foot rest, drink holder, cooler, BBQ, and sink. I can even play really load music or stream other soccer games when my kid isn't playing - which I am going to assume is a boring part of the game for everyone.

Comment

I'm more concerned with what kind of cool gear I can bring. I got a new folding chair that has a pop up canopy, foot rest, drink holder, cooler, BBQ, and sink. I can even play really load music or stream other soccer games when my kid isn't playing - which I am going to assume is a boring part of the game for everyone.
                      Well technically you can't play really loud music....it's Oregon...you may offend someone. However, the rest of what your describing sounds like what I see driving local highways...usually off by a tent.

Comment

Well technically you can't play really loud music....it's Oregon...you may offend someone. However, the rest of what your describing sounds like what I see driving local highways...usually off by a tent.
                        What Oregon really needs is tailgate parties at youth soccer tournaments

Comment

What Oregon really needs is tailgate parties at youth soccer tournaments
                          Lol. That would be a disaster in Oregon.

Comment

Lol. That would be a disaster in Oregon.
                            It'd be okay as long as you use gluten free charcoal and vegan hotdogs.

Comment

It'd be okay as long as you use gluten free charcoal and vegan hotdogs.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5ofVC0EDQ

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X