Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 14 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It also depends on whether or not Westside has ML & RF like they did at the Clash a couple of weekends ago.
RF left Fc Portland, went to Timbers Academy, and it now is playing at Westside?
Old 14 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
RF left Fc Portland, went to Timbers Academy, and it now is playing at Westside?
Just guest-playing in summer tournaments. Still on TA. Apparently has a good relationship with SE, who coached at FC for a year. (And one of Steven's assistants is this year McMinnville legend Frankie Lopez, who I guess goes way back with RF).

And at Clash, RF was being RF, both good and bad. Got into a little feud with the Cuervos sideline, many of whom were taunting him--incorrectly--about getting cut from the Timbers. Since Cuervos is playing in Beaverton Cup, should be interesting.

But, kid can ball. Easily one of the cleverest 05s around, and talented as hell.
Old 11 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Got into a little feud with the Cuervos sideline, many of whom were taunting him--incorrectly--about getting cut from the Timbers. Since Cuervos is playing in Beaverton Cup, should be interesting.
Cuervos shouldn't be taunting anyone. They haven't been relevant for a while now. Our OYSA team saw them as a gimme win when they were on our schedule. A lot of noise, but not much else.

Also, if ML & RF were guesting for Westside at Clash, how in the world did they not score a single goal against Salmon Creek? 0-0 draw? Interesting....
Old 11 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Cuervos shouldn't be taunting anyone. They haven't been relevant for a while now. Our OYSA team saw them as a gimme win when they were on our schedule. A lot of noise, but not much else.

Also, if ML & RF were guesting for Westside at Clash, how in the world did they not score a single goal against Salmon Creek? 0-0 draw? Interesting....
ML wasn't at that game--and I suspect there was some energy conversation going on. WT only needed a tie, and got it. Evidently it worked, as they hoisted the Laser Engraved Log Sliceô the next day.

More generally, WT seems to have issues with big fast keepers. AK at FC Portland gives them fits (he used to play for Westside, so I'm sure he enjoys facing us), and Salmon Creek's keeper is just as big and nearly as skilled. (Why he isn't playing for WashT is an interesting question, if I might toss an M80 into the pond...)
Old 2 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

More generally, WT seems to have issues with big fast keepers. AK at FC Portland gives them fits (he used to play for Westside, so I'm sure he enjoys facing us), and Salmon Creek's keeper is just as big and nearly as skilled. (Why he isn't playing for WashT is an interesting question, if I might toss an M80 into the pond...)
Boom! Poor guy will be languishing in the PSPL. But, hey, his GAA should be pretty good. Our OYSA team has played against him multiple times and he is the reason they stay close in their games. He'd often stop the 15-20 shots we'd get off on him. Usually, our boys have to work hard to get our 1 or 2 goals, if that.

Smart money says he moves to Harmony next year. They'll certainly have way more exposure to offer him. Assuming he'd be able to replace the current keeper at WaTimbers...
Old 1 Hour Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
..lumpy and cognitively behind
Come on man. Thatís a terrible thing to say about your wife, even if itís technically true. Be best.
Old 1 Hour Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Boom! Poor guy will be languishing in the PSPL. But, hey, his GAA should be pretty good. Our OYSA team has played against him multiple times and he is the reason they stay close in their games. He'd often stop the 15-20 shots we'd get off on him. Usually, our boys have to work hard to get our 1 or 2 goals, if that.

Smart money says he moves to Harmony next year. They'll certainly have way more exposure to offer him. Assuming he'd be able to replace the current keeper at WaTimbers...
He played for Washington Timbers in futsal last winter, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 1 Hour Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
He played for Washington Timbers in futsal last winter, if I'm not mistaken.
And how did he do? Sounds like the road is already paved for him to transition over.