Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire challenge girls results

Seems like many of the threads proved true in the first round of the Challenge. Crossfire dominated in the girls platform. Makes me wonder the points of people saying the two platforms (DA and ECNL) are equal(results don’t Support). Curious what other saw on the girls side.

Xfire has always been guilty of setting up the brackets so that their teams have the easiest path to the finals.... it is their tournament so they can do as they want.

It is the best in the NW by far.

Comment

Interesting question ... just today we were floored to learn that a top PacNW team was beat 6-0 by Xfire - and this Xfire team had failed to make the DA playoffs just a few weeks prior. I would have bet that PacNW was a favorite to win the tournament. Fluke or, as others here are saying, is the ecnl just the rcl?

Comment

way too many ecnl clubs now, in their zeal to fight the gda they overexpanded. the actual 5-10 elite players are now spread among all the ecnl clubs in the area and they are all weak as a result. crossfire having a FREE ecnl/gda team has been able to concentrate much more of the talent on their teams as a result so obviously has a huge advantage

Comment

Pac nw had one sub and looked exhausted from the start in the 6-0 game and xfire was Fortunate with multiple pks and a punched handball goal. Watched the whole game and xfire was the better team but not by what the score indicated. As for xfire at da playoffs they were missing a bunch of starters who left the team right before tryouts and before the Da playoffs. Xfire's mid field and defense is exceptional but their two forwards are marginal. Was actually shocked to see their forwards afraid of the ball in the air.The midfield did almost all the scoring in both games today. If xfire can add a quality forward they have a chance to be one of the better ecnl teams in the country.

As for pac nw it's the same story through out the club. They learn to play one way and only one way and dont adjust within the games nearly as well as other clubs. Other clubs that change up their formations in game and attack or defend from different ways typically give the pac teams fits across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            way too many ecnl clubs now, in their zeal to fight the gda they overexpanded. the actual 5-10 elite players are now spread among all the ecnl clubs in the area and they are all weak as a result. crossfire having a FREE ecnl/gda team has been able to concentrate much more of the talent on their teams as a result so obviously has a huge advantage
            It's not just that Xfire is free. SU ECNL 03 cut 2 top players at tryouts --for what? -- and Xfire picked them up. I think for one of those players SU refused to renew her scholarship so Xfire funding is great but the player wasn't cut from SU for performance. They threw her under the bus on tryout weekend going into jr recruiting year! Don't know the other girls' situation but she was a Xfire starter all weekend as they won the tournament. SU ended up shooting themselves in the foot there. Xfire also picked up a strong Reign player who wanted the chance to play high school. They already had a great team, now it's even better. Overall, though, I agree -- a lot of girls have left DA for ECNL and they are spread across clubs. Lots of talent to go around -- now it will be about coaching

Comment

Crossfire challenge girls results

It's not just that Xfire is free. SU ECNL 03 cut 2 top players at tryouts --for what? -- and Xfire picked them up. I think for one of those players SU refused to renew her scholarship so Xfire funding is great but the player wasn't cut from SU for performance. They threw her under the bus on tryout weekend going into jr recruiting year! Don't know the other girls' situation but she was a Xfire starter all weekend as they won the tournament. SU ended up shooting themselves in the foot there. Xfire also picked up a strong Reign player who wanted the chance to play high school. They already had a great team, now it's even better. Overall, though, I agree -- a lot of girls have left DA for ECNL and they are spread across clubs. Lots of talent to go around -- now it will be about coaching
              Your comment regarding the SU player who was refused scholarship is completely untrue from my sources. The mother of the player personally spoke to the coaches and stated that this said player will not be trying out after the first days tryout due to financial burdens. The scholarship this player was rewarded was NEVER removed and she was in fact offered a place within the SU program and was offered the ECNL first, but with their situation (commuting from E. Wenatchee & travel costs), therefore she was then offered the RCL team with her scholarship, but chose to go to XFIRE who also cover travel. Clearly, the player was given opportunities from SU, but made a decision based on XFIRE covering travel.
              The other player you are referencing was actually offered a dual roster spot and would be involved with the ECNL. I believe SU actually connected her with the rival clubs to help her make a choice that she felt would suit her.

Comment

After spending the weekend at XF challenge my brain keeps triggering these thoughts of how terrible the soccer is at these tournaments (and in Washington in general). I try not to let my brain tell me that, but it keeps going there. Granted I did not see every age group and every team but I have seen many teams throughout my years in Washington and I rarely ever walk away from a game saying, wow that was great soccer on par with a path to what the rest of the world thinks is good soccer. From the youngest to the oldest ages these tournaments just look like a big scramble to me. Results vary based on accidental get it forward goals, or just one superstar dribbler that can score, or poor match ups. Balls up in the air, big runs, lots of physicality, lots of over aggresive behavior, rarely ever do you see a tactical play with more than 3 connected passes. Zero composure on the ball on the top teams just alot of, receive the ball and get moving as fast as I can and hope I can pass or kick after pressure hits. Sorry just ranting and wishing our kids could experience better soccer.

Comment

Your comment regarding the SU player who was refused scholarship is completely untrue from my sources. The mother of the player personally spoke to the coaches and stated that this said player will not be trying out after the first days tryout due to financial burdens. The scholarship this player was rewarded was NEVER removed and she was in fact offered a place within the SU program and was offered the ECNL first, but with their situation (commuting from E. Wenatchee & travel costs), therefore she was then offered the RCL team with her scholarship, but chose to go to XFIRE who also cover travel. Clearly, the player was given opportunities from SU, but made a decision based on XFIRE covering travel.
                  The other player you are referencing was actually offered a dual roster spot and would be involved with the ECNL. I believe SU actually connected her with the rival clubs to help her make a choice that she felt would suit her.
                  So you're saying SU offered these ECNL players RCL spots in their top recruiting year and this was somehow a good deal? And that SU went out of its way to connect one of their players "involved in ECNL" at SU with rival Crossfire to out of the goodness of their hearts to help that player? ha ha

Comment

Totally agree with this. The only club I've been even slightly impressed with is sj earthquakes where they do have majority players who can possess and control the ball. No coincidence they are gda champs in multiple age groups and have many national team players on their roster. Whatever they are doing there they should be emulated. Take a look at some of the quakes gda playoff games on YouTube if you want to see a glimmer of hope for women's soccer in the usa

After spending the weekend at XF challenge my brain keeps triggering these thoughts of how terrible the soccer is at these tournaments (and in Washington in general). I try not to let my brain tell me that, but it keeps going there. Granted I did not see every age group and every team but I have seen many teams throughout my years in Washington and I rarely ever walk away from a game saying, wow that was great soccer on par with a path to what the rest of the world thinks is good soccer. From the youngest to the oldest ages these tournaments just look like a big scramble to me. Results vary based on accidental get it forward goals, or just one superstar dribbler that can score, or poor match ups. Balls up in the air, big runs, lots of physicality, lots of over aggresive behavior, rarely ever do you see a tactical play with more than 3 connected passes. Zero composure on the ball on the top teams just alot of, receive the ball and get moving as fast as I can and hope I can pass or kick after pressure hits. Sorry just ranting and wishing our kids could experience better soccer.

Comment

Well, some do experience better players and game play. Regional ODP
                      and CSP (formerly PDP) are good examples of higher level play,
                      albeit still an all-star, please notice me type of play. Of course,
                      nothing like it was before DA. Dunno if the DA has the right answer, either.
                      With the dilution of talent across the state, gotta take what you can.

These local tourneys are just warm ups and extended tryouts for the
                      coaches before it really counts. Even Surf is not what it used to be
                      a few years back. I have no solution to the dilution, but it is what it is.

Comment

none

Totally agree with this. The only club I've been even slightly impressed with is sj earthquakes where they do have majority players who can possess and control the ball. No coincidence they are gda champs in multiple age groups and have many national team players on their roster. Whatever they are doing there they should be emulated. Take a look at some of the quakes gda playoff games on YouTube if you want to see a glimmer of hope for women's soccer in the usa
                        All depends on the age. SJ GU-17s and U19s were not good this last DA year, and did not make playoffs. 19s only won 3 games - after losing some of their top players to HS soccer including the 2018 DA player of the year, Sophia Jones. When she played for them, they were good. She's a special talent in the midfield. San Jose U17s finished in the bottom 3rd of the DA.

XF 17s beat San Jose 5-1 and XF 19s beat San Jose 9-1 in their last game, and Reign beat their 17s 2-0 and 19s 5-0 at the end of the season.

San Jose's 04s are very good and won DA championship with many players recruited to play at UCLA. That group is physically more mature than most 04 teams, but also seem to be well coached, and all play with composure on the ball.

Comment

All depends on the age. SJ GU-17s and U19s were not good this last DA year, and did not make playoffs. 19s only won 3 games - after losing some of their top players to HS soccer including the 2018 DA player of the year, Sophia Jones. When she played for them, they were good. She's a special talent in the midfield. San Jose U17s finished in the bottom 3rd of the DA.

XF 17s beat San Jose 5-1 and XF 19s beat San Jose 9-1 in their last game, and Reign beat their 17s 2-0 and 19s 5-0 at the end of the season.

San Jose's 04s are very good and won DA championship with many players recruited to play at UCLA. That group is physically more mature than most 04 teams, but also seem to be well coached, and all play with composure on the ball.
                          Have the 04s been coached by Deza for years? Does he have a Dd on the team?

Comment

yes the 04's are the ones I was talking about. deza's kid was on his team at de anza before he moved to quakes and is at cal afaik

Have the 04s been coached by Deza for years? Does he have a Dd on the team?

Comment

she's definitely got elite vision and passing skills. I'd say SJ is a little weak 1v1 and close dribbling under pressure which makes her over pass in situations where someone stronger in those areas could go to goal or push higher upfield on the dribble rather than have to get rid of the ball so quickly. but this is a weakness of almost all female us soccer players

2018 DA player of the year, Sophia Jones. When she played for them, they were good. She's a special talent in the midfield. San Jose U17s finished in the bottom 3rd of the DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X