Surf cup schedules are out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hating on ecnl is pointless. Club travel soccer is very expensive but Ecnl is more expensive. Ecnl parents don’t fret about soccer. They have the means to send their dds to whatever college she chooses and set her up with a car, house & job. They don’t need to rely on soccer scholarships. I doubt any of them waste time on this site. They are too busy at the country club or charity fundraiser to worry about one ecnl team getting a draw at some soccer tournament.

Most anti ecnl and anti gda posts are by jealous parents whose dds do not play in either league.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hating on ecnl is pointless. Club travel soccer is very expensive but Ecnl is more expensive. Ecnl parents don’t fret about soccer. They have the means to send their dds to whatever college she chooses and set her up with a car, house & job. They don’t need to rely on soccer scholarships. I doubt any of them waste time on this site. They are too busy at the country club or charity fundraiser to worry about one ecnl team getting a draw at some soccer tournament.

Most anti ecnl and anti gda posts are by jealous parents whose dds do not play in either league.
      The upper class is living a different dream. However, chasing the expensive soccer dream and choosing low academic colleges so they can play soccer is turning many a kid from middle class families into a lower class for life. Think twice before you push your kid down that path.

Comment

The above is possibly the best post I’ve ever seen on TS.
        Actually it's one the most truthful posts. If that is the criteria best in your book, so be it.

Comment

The upper class is living a different dream. However, chasing the expensive soccer dream and choosing low academic colleges so they can play soccer is turning many a kid from middle class families into a lower class for life. Think twice before you push your kid down that path.
          Lower class than the Timbers lemming and cavemen? Impossible!

Comment

Lower class than the Timbers lemming and cavemen? Impossible!
            You’re not even a man, just a lemming.

Comment

The various anti-GDA and anti-OYSA rants on here are almost certainly not from parents, but from ECNL coaches looking to keep the gravy train a-running,

Comment

The various anti-GDA and anti-OYSA rants on here are almost certainly not from parents, but from ECNL coaches looking to keep the gravy train a-running,
                Too bad that can't attract the best players, keep them and see how they measure up.

Wishful thinking.

Comment

Doesn’t explain why there is much more ecnl bashing than any other.

Comment

Doesn’t explain why there is much more ecnl bashing than any other.
                    Wasteful spending on the path to nowhere is the biggest criticism of CU & FC P.

Playing for nothing.

No ethics, just a con.

Of course they are going to 'hear' about this farce.

It's so absurd that people do speak up, but without any leadership in a club. The con goes on.

Comment

Playing for nothing.

No ethics, just a con.

It's so absurd that people do speak up, but without any leadership in a club. The con goes on.
                      This is too easy. The number of players who go on to play in college prove you wrong.

Comment

A few Sunday scores:

CU 03 1, Arsenal FC G03 Boon 0. (This is a California club called "Arsenal", not the one in England).

Also, late Saturday games:

CU02 2, Marin FC Blue 1
                        WashT 02G Red 2, IE Surf 0
                        Crossfire Oregon 04B 3, Boca OC 04B White 2
                        Downtown LVSC 04B 4, PCU 04B Red 3
                        CU 00/01 3, Placer Untied 0.

Comment

Playing for nothing.

No ethics, just a con.

Stop it. I heard the same stuff when I was selling Amway supporting my family.

Comment

I hope CU 03's can pull it out today and finish top of their group. They would match up with San Diego Academy in the semis. It would be awesome for 2 teams from Oregon to beat the defending Surf champs from San Diego in the past couple months. I am sick of hearing people on this board say the OR can't match up with the best SoCal teams.

Comment

I hope CU 03's can pull it out today and finish top of their group. They would match up with San Diego Academy in the semis. It would be awesome for 2 teams from Oregon to beat the defending Surf champs from San Diego in the past couple months. I am sick of hearing people on this board say the OR can't match up with the best SoCal teams.
                              lol...you funny.

Comment

I don’t wish to rain on your parade but Albion SC DA just beat San Diego Academy in the Albion Showcase. SD Academy is the reigning SD Surf Cup non DA champions and Albion DA is a mid table team in their conference.Sorry!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X