Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or the ones who talk to the coach for a few minutes before or after EVERY practice just to get a little more friendly and give petunia an edge.
    How about the ones who slip he coach a little cash for some extra Pt? That’s always a good one.

Comment

Or the ones who talk to the coach for a few minutes before or after EVERY practice just to get a little more friendly and give petunia an edge.
      That's all you see at fsa. We even have parents stand on the sideline with the coach.

Comment

Yup don't forget about the parents that hold the umbrella for the coach when it's raining

Comment

Teach your kid to be a good person. They can still get a scholarship without being a jerk to everyone

Comment

I often wonder if I'm hurting my kids' chances b/c of that little shred of pride I have somehow retained after all this time prevents me from sucking up to all the nitwit coaches that have come and gone through my kids's athletic careers. I mean, more power those parents that put in the effort to schmooze before and after every practice and game, but I just can't do it.

Comment

Yup don't forget about the parents that hold the umbrella for the coach when it's raining
              OK, I'm going to drift but *** who cares...

RE: Umbrellas.

So, watching a game and a parent of a good kid, and a decent player shows up late. Kid doesn't play as much as I think she could, but is always missing for basketball, dances, "too tired" etc. Hey, that's fine, we all have different priorities, but don't come whining when the minutes get limited mommie dearest.

Anyhoo, she shows up and immediately opens this gifvckingantic umbrella and stands right next to me. She starts complaining about how Mia isn't playing again, and then proceeds to prattle on about the basketball tournament they are in.

I
              Don't
              Care

I'm deliberately standing by myself so I can watch the game in silence and not disturb anyone. Since you've shown up, you have now blocked my vision, blocked my hearing, and goddammit...that perfume you marinated in you have now blocked my sniffer, too.

Umbrellas on the sideline should be outlawed. How I haven't lost an eye yet is a statistical anomaly.

Phew, I feel better getting that off my chest.

Comment

I often wonder if I'm hurting my kids' chances b/c of that little shred of pride I have somehow retained after all this time prevents me from sucking up to all the nitwit coaches that have come and gone through my kids's athletic careers. I mean, more power those parents that put in the effort to schmooze before and after every practice and game, but I just can't do it.
                You let your daughters coach bang your wife a few years back but we will just pretend that never happened.

Comment

Ditto. I even called out a coach once by saying "I hear all the sideline chatter and have tried to take the high road and stay out of it, and bothering you. But, I've begun to question if I shouldn't get more involved and in your face more since it seems to have helped."

Comment

I can’t do it either, can’t stand parents like that, it’s so blatantly transparent. Luckily my kid is good enough where it hasn’t affected him. On his team, it’s only 2-3 Dads that do it, and their kids are actually legit players too, so I think some parents just like to schmooze and suck up. Our coach doesn’t play favorites in the least and I don’t feel like schmoozing him would help anyone’s PT.

Comment

You let your daughters coach bang your wife a few years back but we will just pretend that never happened.
                      Projection, eh? So, clearly this happened to you. Get a divorce or you just let her tramp around still?

Comment

IF your kid can get past all the challenges that come their way, including all the madness created by the childish parents, they will come out on top and learn valuable lessons

Comment

People seem to forget there is more than one full ride scholarship to go around. Relax.

Comment

People seem to forget there is more than one full ride scholarship to go around. Relax.
                            Of course, I don’t think anyone is saying otherwise. What people fail to recognize is that most kids don’t come close to getting ful rides.

Comment

What makes it so difficult is there are thousands of great soccer players competing for the same.

This thread just confirmed everything about the article from the OP.

Comment

I can’t do it either, can’t stand parents like that, it’s so blatantly transparent. Luckily my kid is good enough where it hasn’t affected him. On his team, it’s only 2-3 Dads that do it, and their kids are actually legit players too, so I think some parents just like to schmooze and suck up. Our coach doesn’t play favorites in the least and I don’t feel like schmoozing him would help anyone’s PT.

Or maybe they just like to hear form the Coach how their kid is doing? its the nut jobs who tend to have a cynical explanation for everything. usually based in their own apathy, jealousy or insecurity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X