Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018/19 NPL Boys Clubs

Does anyone know how the boys NPL clubs are shaping up for next year? NEFC NH NPL has disbanded, so that leaves GPS and Seacoast as the only NPL clubs in NH. Are NPL boys from NH choosing between GPS and Seacoast, or moving to MA? Are the rosters for GPS and Seacoast teams finalized? Who is coaching? What club would be best for boy at looking to play at the NPL level?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know how the boys NPL clubs are shaping up for next year? NEFC NH NPL has disbanded, so that leaves GPS and Seacoast as the only NPL clubs in NH. Are NPL boys from NH choosing between GPS and Seacoast, or moving to MA? Are the rosters for GPS and Seacoast teams finalized? Who is coaching? What club would be best for boy at looking to play at the NPL level?
    Seacoast coaching assignments are here:

http://seacoastunited.com/clubs/socc...ng-assignments

GPS traditionally hasn't been as forthcoming with their coaches early on.

As for the rest of your inquiries, those are your two options if you want to stay in-state. If you want to go into MA, there are many more options.

While tryouts have been completed, I have seen players added by both clubs later if talent warranted it. Best to reach out to each of the Technical Directors from the Clubs and ask.

In the past, I've felt GPS was better on the boys side and Seacoast on the girls side overall. But, that's a huge generalization on my part as each age is different - so hard to say which is "better" at any given age group.

Comment

I tend to agree with your generalization about boys @ GPS and girls @ Seacoast, but am not sure what the Seacoast DA will do to the girls side. In general the coaching assignments at the older age groups are fluid, especially with coaches from far away lands!

Comment

Where are Seacoast NPL and GPS NPL based?

Comment

Where are Seacoast NPL and GPS NPL based?
          Epping

Comment

Epping
            Both of them?

Comment

Both of them?
              Yes, all their "main" clubs (NPL and DA) are based out of Epping. That is the main facility for Seacoast. Their feeder/satellite clubs are all over, but are a step down in their vision of a pyramid hierarchy. Doesn't mean there aren't a few better players in each of these other locations, but for various reasons (time, travel, etc.) some may stay there.

Comment

GPS is out of Bedford? Seacoast NPL is playing out of Amesbury next year from what I understand, it is supposed to be more of a regional team.

Comment

GPS is out of Bedford? Seacoast NPL is playing out of Amesbury next year from what I understand, it is supposed to be more of a regional team.
                  Yes GPS is out of Bedford. And, I had not heard that about NPL and Amesbury, so I may be misinformed on that so thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Teams will likely be similar to last year. Maybe some slight changes but likely nothing to dramatically move the dial too much, so check last years results. If NEFC NH NPL teams did disband maybe GPS gets a couple of them since Bedford is a little closer.

Clubs will look at players at any point but it might be hard since the only teams likely left practicing are those who won state cup and are planning to go to CO.

Also our son left one of the mentioned NH NPL teams and is playing with a MA club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X