Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you believe you have a better insight and way, then why are you not coaching yourself, instead of standing on the parent side laughing?

After all, it's your kid we are having control and influence over. How funny is that?
    Because I have a real job.

My kid will be a three year starter and I was his first coach so must have done something right

Comment

Because I have a real job.

My kid will be a three year starter and I was his first coach so must have done something right
      Yes, I’m sure your kid’s on field success if because of your coaching prowess during his/her rec years.

Comment

Yes, I’m sure your kid’s on field success if because of your coaching prowess during his/her rec years.
        Thanks, giving kids an early love of the game and good preparation is invaluable for a kids' success in any endeavor. Obviously other coaches have built and improved on that foundation. But the strong foundation was nurtured by the parents who love soccer. A strong foundation needs to be there for a kid to be successful in their later years

Comment

Thanks, giving kids an early love of the game and good preparation is invaluable for a kids' success in any endeavor. Obviously other coaches have built and improved on that foundation. But the strong foundation was nurtured by the parents who love soccer. A strong foundation needs to be there for a kid to be successful in their later years
          Blah, blah, blah

Comment

Blah, blah, blah
            says the dad who can't be bothered to volunteer coach and just writes a check to anyone who will take his kid off his hands

Comment

says the dad who can't be bothered to volunteer coach and just writes a check to anyone who will take his kid off his hands
              Correct ... And people wonder why we don't have a soccer culture

It all starts with the love of soccer and the earliest foundation built in the family setting

A domestic league where all players could make a real living would be nice too.

Comment

I was a volunteer coach back in the day. Never played soccer except in gym class. But they needed help and I am happy to help. I learned the fundamentals and got low level licensure. I had a blast with my kids and their friends. When the time was right I passed them off to coaches more qualified than I. We now enjoy the game as a family, actually got to go to a few matches in Europe and here, and are having fun watching WC matches.

Comment

100 % correct. I was a volunteer coach for over a decade , and regardless of where the children ended up in their soccer " careers " , it was a rewarding experience all around.

Comment

Many of us who have played laugh at you coaches
                    You all say you have played...but lie.
                    Playing High School soccer doesnt count.
                    You prob were a sub after three years of JV anyways...lol
                    Tool!

Comment

You all say you have played...but lie.
                      Playing High School soccer doesnt count.
                      You prob were a sub after three years of JV anyways...lol
                      Tool!
                      Sorry Mate.

I played in college. I played a lot of soccer growing up and know the game.

More importantly I passed the love of the game on to my kids.

Still laughing at you in your knickers and Adidas

Comment

Sorry Mate.

I played in college. I played a lot of soccer growing up and know the game.

More importantly I passed the love of the game on to my kids.

Still laughing at you in your knickers and Adidas
                        did you play college in britain as well-

you should thank your coaches as they are the reason you know the game and developed to play well enough for the education

Comment

did you play college in britain as well-

you should thank your coaches as they are the reason you know the game and developed to play well enough for the education
                          I played D1 at a top 20 school. Have volunteered since my kids started playing. There's lots of us out here. Doesn't mean you don't have a hockey Dad telling me his kid should be scoring goals or a clueless Mom telling me that I don't play her kid the right way. Should be a rule for all parents to stop yelling clueless instructions. Actually this is my last year volunteering because it's gotten pretty old. Between the club making unilateral decisions for 100's of familiy's to the toxic Dad's following ref's off field.

Comment

I played D1 at a top 20 school. Have volunteered since my kids started playing. There's lots of us out here. Doesn't mean you don't have a hockey Dad telling me his kid should be scoring goals or a clueless Mom telling me that I don't play her kid the right way. Should be a rule for all parents to stop yelling clueless instructions. Actually this is my last year volunteering because it's gotten pretty old. Between the club making unilateral decisions for 100's of familiy's to the toxic Dad's following ref's off field.
                            well i get paid to coach and we laugh at you until we have to try and break all the bad habits you let your kids get away with
                            parents screaming stupid crap has always been a problem, but if you are confident in your approach and gain the respect of your players it becomes less of an issue
                            teach them the right way and they will know what to do

Comment

I find a little bitch slapping now and then helps

Comment

I find a little arse tickling with a feather works too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X