Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast United to join GDA

Seacoast just announced that they are joining the GDA next season.

Personally, I do not have any desire to travel that much or ask my daughter to give up HS soccer. Disappointed by this. Without an abundance of talent up here, the NPL teams, if they continue to exist, will be watered down.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seacoast just announced that they are joining the GDA next season.

Personally, I do not have any desire to travel that much or ask my daughter to give up HS soccer. Disappointed by this. Without an abundance of talent up here, the NPL teams, if they continue to exist, will be watered down.
    Agreed. Not good at all.

Comment

I presume they are charging because priorities 1 thru 10 at Seacoast is money.

Comment

How does this give them money? Do a lot of families want their players in the GDA?

Comment

How does this give them money? Do a lot of families want their players in the GDA?
          I guess we will see. I'm sure they think a lot of parents want this. Time will tell. Let's see once the initial excitement wears off and parents learn you can't play HS and all the travel involved.

Comment

I presume they are charging because priorities 1 thru 10 at Seacoast is money.
            Yep. They're not exactly killing everyone in their NPL divisions so DA will get another substandard team (to replace the teams who have decided it isn't worth it so have gone back to ECNL) and I'm sure they will keep their NPL teams (that will become weaker).

But on the plus side, they can bump all the girls up one level, charge everyone more, and take on more payers!

Is it a player development pyramid or closer to a multi-level marketing pyramid??

Comment

Yep. They're not exactly killing everyone in their NPL divisions so DA will get another substandard team (to replace the teams who have decided it isn't worth it so have gone back to ECNL) and I'm sure they will keep their NPL teams (that will become weaker).

But on the plus side, they can bump all the girls up one level, charge everyone more, and take on more payers!

Is it a player development pyramid or closer to a multi-level marketing pyramid??
              Ugh. I hope many NPL families say thanks but no thanks. The girls are challenged at the right level in NPL. No need for this.

Comment

Seacoast will market it to them to tell them that's what they want. "90% of National Team Players come from Development Academy teams" "College Showcases" "Play against MLS teams!"

Roll up roll up and have your wallets open.

Also NPL teams become DA, regional girls become NPL, and so on and so forth. Everyone get's an upgrade! (unfortunately it won't be at the same -already extortionate - fees)

Comment

Academy on the Seacoast boys side is where development goes to die. Stay away girls.

Comment

Ugh. GDA is on the fast track to failure. Talent is so lop sided. Seacoast is not nearly large enough to support competitive teams. Good luck.

Comment

Just so everyone is aware... you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!! They are no way near a money maker....

Comment

Just so everyone is aware... you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!! They are no way near a money maker....
                        You take away the top talent from other local teams and you've automatically taken a chunk of their club's worth while boasting yours. There's a motive my friend. And with Seacoast it ain't development.

Comment

you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!!
                          Other than the no tuition DA teams like NE Revolution, which DA teams are losing money?

Comment

You take away the top talent from other local teams and you've automatically taken a chunk of their club's worth while boasting yours. There's a motive my friend. And with Seacoast it ain't development.
                            The statement I was referring to was about it being about money. What you have said above is something completely different.

If a town or travel team takes away your best player... are they wrong and doing it for money? GPS-NH, SUSC, FC Stars.... all of them regardless of the league are doing what you have just said above. So that being motivated to money is inaccurate.

Comment

Other than the no tuition DA teams like NE Revolution, which DA teams are losing money?
                              If you know anyone within any DA club (boys and girls) ask them how much profit they make on a DA team. I think you would be surprised... based on your assumptions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X