Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A World Cup Thread

Good on the USMNT to boycott Russia this World Cup. Ethically, that was the right thing to do.

England is my second team and the roster was just announced. Some effective striker options in that squad, but am nervous about the keeper. Traditionally, England's keeper has been one of the best, but this time around I don't think so. Too bad Hart didn't get called up, but he's not been seeing much game time lately.

Who are you rooting for this World Cup? Mexico seems like a good choice, and they're our neighbors. Iran might be a nice political choice, if you're anti-Trump. Or, Russia, if you are pro-Trump.

So, have at it.

Brazil hands down. They are loaded with superstars.

Comment

Brazil, Spain and Germany are stacked. I’m going with Belgium as a “sleeper” team, pretty loaded but a bit under radar still. Their best players are in their prime, could be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Brazil, Spain and Germany are stacked. I’m going with Belgium as a “sleeper” team, pretty loaded but a bit under radar still. Their best players are in their prime, could be dangerous.
        Belgium is always overrated as a sleeper team. Look at the last World Cup. Germany and Brazil are always going to be favorites. This Cup is in Europe, so Germany would be favored. I wonder who Italians are supporting?

Comment

Good on the USMNT to boycott Russia this World Cup. Ethically, that was the right thing to do.

England is my second team and the roster was just announced. Some effective striker options in that squad, but am nervous about the keeper. Traditionally, England's keeper has been one of the best, but this time around I don't think so. Too bad Hart didn't get called up, but he's not been seeing much game time lately.

Who are you rooting for this World Cup? Mexico seems like a good choice, and they're our neighbors. Iran might be a nice political choice, if you're anti-Trump. Or, Russia, if you are pro-Trump.

So, have at it.
          Englands keepers are not one of the best, Robert Greens howler anyone

Hart has been on a downward trajectory for last two years. Hes not getting any game time which is critically important. He's a no brainer. think the new brand of English keepers such as Pickford have the experience, skills and footwork to play in the new modern 3-4-3 that England will deploy

No way am I rooting for Mexico. England, Germany, Or Belgium would my rooting interest

Comment

Belgium - talent from front to back and all in the prime. Semis at least.

Comment

One of the best lines on TS evah!

Comment

Belgium is always overrated as a sleeper team. Look at the last World Cup. Germany and Brazil are always going to be favorites. This Cup is in Europe, so Germany would be favored. I wonder who Italians are supporting?
                I wouldn’t say Belgium is always overrated as a sleeper team. The last World Cup was 4 years ago, their best players are at the top of their game right now. Agree with you that Germany will be favored, however Spain could surprise as well. I wonder who the Dutch are supporting?

Comment

3-4-3? I don't rate England's defense so strongly. Maybe a "W-M"? ;)

Comment

I'm all in for KSI.

Comment

Five Spurs on the English roster.....my heart goes with England!

But my brain tells me Germany are the boys to beat this time around.

Comment

It's in Europe. Obviously, the Germans are ze ones to beat. In the Americas, Brasil is the team most likely to win. That's how it all works. Look for England to upset everyone and make the semifinals **at least.**

Comment

Any surprise exclusions from your WC team?

Comment

Go usa!!!!

Comment

Italy vs Holland in final 🙀

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X