X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What????? Who lied to you?

Your reasonings for joining are the dumbest I've ever heard. You've seriously been lied to.

- The coaches are the same...they play different teams but they have the same crappy coaches. Training is no different if not worse like at fc Portland or cu where they take in 25 kids for the money but don't have the space to train on...

- International college exposure?! What??? Not a single player in the past 40 years has gone to a international college and no one wants to...

- higher level of play? What? The Oregon teams that play in that league are not the best in state and they just had the best teams leave...

Typical Ecnl idiot. Gullible, lied to, and used car sales person.
    ya got spanked on here again

Comment

ya got spanked on here again
      I have had a DD midfielder/wing in GDA playing keeper previously, but with the new rosters and a GK that may be able to play multiple age groups, she will be able to be a field player again with the playing time and increased exposure to college coaches. A season as GK is a big sacrifice but it wouldn't be a bad thing if every player had to rotate through a 1/2 season as GK. Obviously this would need to be done before U14 but there are some clear benefits to gaining some humility on the field. GDA asks for some sacrifices but there turns out to be a method to their supposed madness that I keep seeing on this forum (which is supposed to be helping but often is NOT). For every sacrifice a purpose and a payback.

Comment

I have had a DD midfielder/wing in GDA playing keeper previously, but with the new rosters and a GK that may be able to play multiple age groups, she will be able to be a field player again with the playing time and increased exposure to college coaches. A season as GK is a big sacrifice but it wouldn't be a bad thing if every player had to rotate through a 1/2 season as GK. Obviously this would need to be done before U14 but there are some clear benefits to gaining some humility on the field. GDA asks for some sacrifices but there turns out to be a method to their supposed madness that I keep seeing on this forum (which is supposed to be helping but often is NOT). For every sacrifice a purpose and a payback.
        My daughter was a striker but she played some goal keeper once and was stuck in a game against a good team that launched missiles at her all day and laughed when she couldn't make a diving stop all the way on the other side of the netting of the goal and then she never got to play in the offense because her teammates said heck no I'm not playing keeper for you since this team is so good and they kick the ball really hard and fast and put the ball into hard to reach corners. Sigh. It's hard but I think that in the long run she will be a better human being for the experience no matter how depressing it was in the real time. The moral of the story is that sometimes you gone don't get to make the choices you want to make because someone else made them for you and forced you to follow through for them in a game where there is no goal keeper on the staff of the squad.

Comment

My daughter was a striker but she played some goal keeper once and was stuck in a game against a good team that launched missiles at her all day and laughed when she couldn't make a diving stop all the way on the other side of the netting of the goal and then she never got to play in the offense because her teammates said heck no I'm not playing keeper for you since this team is so good and they kick the ball really hard and fast and put the ball into hard to reach corners. Sigh. It's hard but I think that in the long run she will be a better human being for the experience no matter how depressing it was in the real time. The moral of the story is that sometimes you gone don't get to make the choices you want to make because someone else made them for you and forced you to follow through for them in a game where there is no goal keeper on the staff of the squad.
          My dd played with a local neighborhood club during the u11 to u14 experience the club was placed in a two different state leagues OPL & OYSA and with a bunch of hard work and determination finished in the top 4 of the OYSA state cup. It was rewarding. Then the club opted to leave the state league for a mountain conference Wa,Or, Ut & ID and then had us travel to ‘showcsases’ during the seasonal year and then an end of year jamboree with other teams of our ability. Lots of travel and sacrifice on what seemed like a path to nowhere at the time. It all paid off she got a .25 scholarship at CCC as a freshman. It is well worth it, even if we never had a say.

Don’t underestimate the knowledge and wisdom of an unemployed middle aged girls youth soccer coach, they got it all dialed in.

Comment

Mind blown. That was beautiful.

Comment

My dd played with a local neighborhood club during the u11 to u14 experience the club was placed in a two different state leagues OPL & OYSA and with a bunch of hard work and determination finished in the top 4 of the OYSA state cup. It was rewarding. Then the club opted to leave the state league for a mountain conference Wa,Or, Ut & ID and then had us travel to ‘showcsases’ during the seasonal year and then an end of year jamboree with other teams of our ability. Lots of travel and sacrifice on what seemed like a path to nowhere at the time. It all paid off she got a .25 scholarship at CCC as a freshman. It is well worth it, even if we never had a say.

Don’t underestimate the knowledge and wisdom of an unemployed middle aged girls youth soccer coach, they got it all dialed in.
              Sorry your DD got left out when her team transitioned from the little leagues of OYSA to ECNL. Every team has benchwarmers and your DD just happened to get replaced by a better benchwarmer. Hope she wasn't scarred for life like you were.

Comment

Sorry your DD got left out when her team transitioned from the little leagues of OYSA to ECNL. Every team has benchwarmers and your DD just happened to get replaced by a better benchwarmer. Hope she wasn't scarred for life like you were.

Huh? She was rarely subbed. our team had so few subs due to the extensive travel requests, families often said they couldn't justify being away Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon and didn't come many times, she always went. To remedy this recurring problem,we borrowed players from younger aged squads in the club just to have 11 starters on the field. We are so grateful for the investment of time & money the club's leadership and direction were spotless.

Comment

Why does this happen? What team? Why don't you have goal keepers?

Comment

pull your kid off the field next time this happens. That is the only way you can assure the coach gets the message.

Comment

Why does this happen? What team? Why don't you have goal keepers?
                      This happened to a girl on our team last year. She was a midfielder on her old club team but transitioned to keeper for the needs of the team. She most likely will be a field player come August when the new season begins.

Keepers are in relatively short supply in Portland at least on the girls side. The pool is further limited by the fact that some want to play in high school and don't want to switch back and forth between leagues.

Comment

I would blow a gasket if this happened to my daughter. I would not be happy. At. All.

Comment

I would blow a gasket if this happened to my daughter. I would not be happy. At. All.
                          It’s not a big deal. Kids get tossed into the keeper position all the time. Do what you need to do to help the team.

Comment

It’s not a big deal. Kids get tossed into the keeper position all the time. Do what you need to do to help the team.
                            Why does this even need to be discussed. Of course you do whatever you have to to help the team. When short players you plug in where needed and make the best of it. Keeper is fun.

Comment

Why would you "blow and gasket" if your daughter was asked to help out by filling in a position that was needed? I think it would be fun to get you use your hands, collide at high speed and take people out, and boss everyone around.

Comment

Why would you "blow and gasket" if your daughter was asked to help out by filling in a position that was needed? I think it would be fun to get you use your hands, collide at high speed and take people out, and boss everyone around.
                                Why doesn’t the team have a real keeper? That’s the question I would be asking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X