X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Long Island already lost Albertson on Boys side why couldn't they add Barca

Prediction. USSF makes them field both girls and boys DAP to clean up the mess on the LI girl scene.
    Barca has zero, not a single girls team. Kind of hard to put them in DA.

Comment

Curious to see if my statement gets posted in regards to skepticism that Barca would get DA

Who knows what will happen but

1) Barca is a huge name, big money player that USSF would drool over (and probably is).
      2) USSF is going after market share, even if it means diluting the product somewhat. The more DA clubs the more likely ECNL clubs will struggle to keep top players.
      3) Even if they want to avoid watering DA down, they can easily relegate a local non performer. They've done it before.
      It got posted

Comment

Barca has zero, not a single girls team. Kind of hard to put them in DA.
        Understood. We are talking next year anyways.

If Barca posted tryouts for Girls DAP, girls would come in large numbers. Can you image if the girls DAp was free.

Let's face it the girls GDA launch on LI was pretty bad. It wouldn't take much for Barca to supersede that, even if today they don't have a single girls team.

... and to hear Larry's reaction that would be priceless

Comment

Understood. We are talking next year anyways.

If Barca posted tryouts for Girls DAP, girls would come in large numbers. Can you image if the girls DAp was free.

Let's face it the girls GDA launch on LI was pretty bad. It wouldn't take much for Barca to supersede that, even if today they don't have a single girls team.

... and to hear Larry's reaction that would be priceless
          I agree that if Barca got GDA they'd get the players in a heart beat. Look at the other options on LI? It's a joke. If Barca lives up to expectations, quality training, build fields etc USSF will welcome them with open arms.

Comment

I think looking at the DA application would be helpful in this discussion.

https://ussoccer.box.com/s/9ihcqb1bn...94wuwivayyy4d1

Here are the things the DA is looking for:

-Leadership of the club and quality of the coaching staff

-Desire to embrace and promote the core values of the program

-U.S. Soccer license levels of coaching staff-Infrastructure of the club and the resources currently being invested in development (facilities, scholarships, staff to player ratio, etc.)

-History of player production for youth National Teams, the Men's National Team, and professional leagues

-Market with player depth, geographic location, proximity to other elite clubs and travel implications

If you look at that 4th one, it seems impossible that a startup club could get DA after 5+ years of existence -- after one seems ridiculous.

The other Barca Academy bought their way in the DA by buying an existing DA club.

Please don't believe anyone that tries to lead you into believing this will be a DA club any time in the near future.

And more importantly, don't believe anyone that tells you that playing for a non-DA club is a bad thing.

Comment

Then why does nycfc get a da.? They have not been in existence that long. It is because they are a pro club. They will ignore requirement number 4 or any other one they want to. Just look at the girls side of us soccer das for proof of that.

Comment

I think looking at the DA application would be helpful in this discussion.

https://ussoccer.box.com/s/9ihcqb1bn...94wuwivayyy4d1

Here are the things the DA is looking for:

-Leadership of the club and quality of the coaching staff

-Desire to embrace and promote the core values of the program

-U.S. Soccer license levels of coaching staff-Infrastructure of the club and the resources currently being invested in development (facilities, scholarships, staff to player ratio, etc.)

-History of player production for youth National Teams, the Men's National Team, and professional leagues

-Market with player depth, geographic location, proximity to other elite clubs and travel implications

If you look at that 4th one, it seems impossible that a startup club could get DA after 5+ years of existence -- after one seems ridiculous.

The other Barca Academy bought their way in the DA by buying an existing DA club.

Please don't believe anyone that tries to lead you into believing this will be a DA club any time in the near future.

And more importantly, don't believe anyone that tells you that playing for a non-DA club is a bad thing.
                They have plenty from number 4 except its with the Spanish National team

Comment

Just posted something about LM and his tingly feeling, I'm sure it'll get censored. Just a d!(k

Comment

Just posted something about LM and his tingly feeling, I'm sure it'll get censored. Just a d!(k
                    He responded to my comments. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to squeeze him and bit. And once he verifies through Glen Schneider who I am he will know I'm not blowing smoke. He's a Bully and it's not ok. Danilo doesn't have the ability to take legal action but friends of his including myself does.

Comment

That whole thread is bizarre. LM has no idea what he's talking about, there is no way he has the whole contract which means he doesn't know terms, performance guarantees or exit clauses. He just acts like a big guy, but in reality is no more in the know than I am.

Comment

That whole thread is bizarre. LM has no idea what he's talking about, there is no way he has the whole contract which means he doesn't know terms, performance guarantees or exit clauses. He just acts like a big guy, but in reality is no more in the know than I am.
                        He's a Bully and I have zero tolerance for that.

Comment

He responded to my comments. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to squeeze him and bit. And once he verifies through Glen Schneider who I am he will know I'm not blowing smoke. He's a Bully and it's not ok. Danilo doesn't have the ability to take legal action but friends of his including myself does.
                          Squeeze him a lot. I would love to be able to see that happen.

Comment

Squeeze him a lot. I would love to be able to see that happen.

Yes squeeze plenty. He's gone too far this time (although his slams against clubs and individuals before were intolerable). Copy of a private contract....and if Surf did give it to him what does that say about them? I doubt they are that stupid. You can't make this shi* up, yet LM does!

Comment

Yes squeeze plenty. He's gone too far this time (although his slams against clubs and individuals before were intolerable). Copy of a private contract....and if Surf did give it to him what does that say about them? I doubt they are that stupid. You can't make this shi* up, yet LM does!
                              I p̣sted that he shouldn't be ******* off his sponsors but it got censored

Comment

I p̣sted that he shouldn't be ******* off his sponsors but it got censored
                                Mr. Miller thinks he's a "shock Jock" he gave Radio a shot and FAILED. He tried owning a FM radio station WWHB in The Hamptons but it failed and only lasted 2 yrs. He had a stint as a radio programmer for WNYC for a few yrs as well. He doesn't live in Greenwich he lives in Hampton Bays, "not the nice part of the Hamptons by the way". His whole persona is to humiliate people for ratings. The issue is society isn't tolerant anymore to his type of behavior which is CYBER BULLYING. https://cyberbullying.org just for fun I reported him.
                                Like I told Mr. Miller, people can push back against his behavior and now we will. Buckle up Larry!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X