Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's why people shouldn't read too much into this year's results or compare across leagues to last year's either. Who went where varies from club to club and even team to team within one club. It is a watered down mess on both sides. If GDA survives it's still going to be a few years to really have a handle on the landscape. Then USSF will create another super league or do some other stupid change to shake up the Etch A Sketch again
    I for one, am NOT reading anything into this year's successes for CFC, other than how they compare to FSA's lack of successes. I don't think CFC is in any danger from threatening PDA or FC Stars just because they have had more success against those clubs this year (1st GDA year) than in years past.

HOWEVER....FSA plays the same opponents as CFC and the disparity in results has been growing year over year.

Comment

No, My child's team was ECNL last year (u17 2016-2017) at '00 and played FSA and CFC at u17ECNL. Her outside team won both CT games with very lopsided scores. FSA 00ECNL was terrible and CFC ECNL slightly better than terrible. The outside ECNL team almost in toto became the GDA team at 99/00. The GDA team plays Oakwood this year and the games have been competitive. The conclusion is the Oakwood team is a much stronger team.

The exception might be that CFC and FSA have basically replaced their entire teams. That said, If there were quite a few 99 impact players who didn't graduate and joined the 00s for the last year of ECNL it is possible that those 99/00 ECNL teams are better than their 00 ECNL precursors were last year. Barring bigtime changes our independent conclusions based on direct experience and results is that Oakwood's oldest team is much better than the ECNL oldest teams. But I think someone said they played head to head earlier this year...

Not playing braqnches. ECNL---->GDA from 2017-2018
      Nearly every club, ECNL or otherwise, had one team that took it on the nose when the age group changes happened last year. Every club had one team that saw a huge improvement because of the reorg and at least one team that got the talent-shaft due to the reorg.

For CFC it was the 2000's that got the talent-shaft. Prior to the reorg, the majority of the players were 99's. The few 2000's that remained after they split were paired with NPL 2000's and others. On the flip side, the 01's and 02's both came out better in the reorg.

I wouldn't base your eval of CFC on it's 00's.

Comment

It ends around U12 or U13. Period.
        U12 or U13? If a boy is not completely dominating a similarity aged and sized girl by age 10 in a sport that requires physicality, that boy has some serious issues and should be seen by a doctor.

Comment

U12 or U13? If a boy is not completely dominating a similarity aged and sized girl by age 10 in a sport that requires physicality, that boy has some serious issues and should be seen by a doctor.
          Age 10? You are not right in the head. Girls are mostly bigger and faster than boys at that age ..... it is a huge advantage. It changes in about 2 years though.

Comment

I for one, am NOT reading anything into this year's successes for CFC, other than how they compare to FSA's lack of successes. I don't think CFC is in any danger from threatening PDA or FC Stars just because they have had more success against those clubs this year (1st GDA year) than in years past.

HOWEVER....FSA plays the same opponents as CFC and the disparity in results has been growing year over year.
            I don't think anyone actually cares what you think.

CFC has basically two strong teams. PDA and Stars are two of the better clubs in the country. What exactly is your point?

PS. OW sucks

Comment

I don't think anyone actually cares what you think.

CFC has basically two strong teams. PDA and Stars are two of the better clubs in the country. What exactly is your point?

PS. OW sucks
              CFC has three strong teams: 14s, 16s and 17s. CFC will look really good next year. Hopefully the 15s will add some talent.

Comment

Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield in their current state would destroy both of them at the same time with one punch each. Any U16 or U17 boys YNT player would make Alex Morgan look stupid and Brian Stewart would get dominated by most high school varsity boys players. Give me a break. There is no debate here, move along Gloria Allred.
                So you meant pro vs pro, then? Two of the greatest heavyweights of all time. NO ****!
                As for the other 2.... maybe the YNT PLAYER but sorry idiot, most high school boys wouldn't dominate Stewart. Learn the game before puffing up the chest! BTW: I WAS CALLING YOU OUT to take the challenge. They'd make you look like your Daddy did when you were a teenager and he whooped your butt in pickup or slap boxing..... YOU would probably cry to Mommy again!

Comment

So you meant pro vs pro, then? Two of the greatest heavyweights of all time. NO ****!
                  As for the other 2.... maybe the YNT PLAYER but sorry idiot, most high school boys wouldn't dominate Stewart. Learn the game before puffing up the chest! BTW: I WAS CALLING YOU OUT to take the challenge. They'd make you look like your Daddy did when you were a teenager and he whooped your butt in pickup or slap boxing..... YOU would probably cry to Mommy again!
                  Yes, you are right, if Brianna stewart played a 7 year old boy she would probably win every time. Cyborg would probably beat up most hs freshman boys and alex morgan can outrun lots of U12 boys in travel soccer. you win and you have proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt that women are superior athletes to men. kudos brainiac. you picked the top female athletes in their sport (in their primes) and i put out old guys and kids that would dominate them .... but you definitely win. nice job corky

Comment

Age 10? You are not right in the head. Girls are mostly bigger and faster than boys at that age ..... it is a huge advantage. It changes in about 2 years though.
                    Do you know how to read? I said "similarly sized" for a reason. Yes, your porker daughter will have an advantage over a smaller boy at age 10. However, if she puts down the Cheetos and loses some weight, the boy will dominate her in just about any sport.

Comment

Sorry to break it to you. If Alex Morgan was trying out for a boys DA club, she might be lucky to find a spot as a bench player on a lower tier club. This isn't even about size, speed, or aggressiveness. The most gifted women's players don't have the technical and ball skills to match up with an average D1 college boy.

Comment

Yes, you are right, if Brianna stewart played a 7 year old boy she would probably win every time. Cyborg would probably beat up most hs freshman boys and alex morgan can outrun lots of U12 boys in travel soccer. you win and you have proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt that women are superior athletes to men. kudos brainiac. you picked the top female athletes in their sport (in their primes) and i put out old guys and kids that would dominate them .... but you definitely win. nice job corky
                        Old guys, yes BUT they'd beat half the pros boxing today (mainly club). Cyborg would beat up most men... MEN! Your analogies are as simple as your brain and knowledge. I challenged YOU!
                        I assume with your arrogance that you were a cocky little guy that has an inferior complex.
                        How's your pimped out Benz to hide your lil guy ego?
                        How about this.... Come over to COBA (Charter Oak Boxing Academy) and ask for one of the girls who plays soccer at Trinity and then we can spar a little bit... Any of us will be glad to help out. Hope to see you soon... lil man with a BIG mouth.

Comment

Sorry to break it to you. If Alex Morgan was trying out for a boys DA club, she might be lucky to find a spot as a bench player on a lower tier club. This isn't even about size, speed, or aggressiveness. The most gifted women's players don't have the technical and ball skills to match up with an average D1 college boy.
                          No kidding... The other jerk was making ridiculous comparisons.

Comment

Hasn't USSF had the women's teams (like U17, not the full on older squad) play younger men's teams and lose? Pretty sure I read that here once :)

Comment

Hasn't USSF had the women's teams (like U17, not the full on older squad) play younger men's teams and lose? Pretty sure I read that here once :)
                              They have and Loomis was the answer, sir. I know the history of women's sports. A team from Texas also beat a recent USWNT also. It was the "lil" guys arrogant comments that led to other responses. I hope he doesn't raise a daughter or I imagine she will be told to live in a kitchen and clean the house, never mind compete with boys growing up. Hope he stops by COBA for a reminder.

-Trinity

Comment

Yep, destroyed by 2 teams that I know of as young as U15.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X