SUSA Tryouts waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSA is a money-grubbing ATM Soccer program. Parents buy the b.s. and drink the kool-aide about ECNL. What GREAT colleges has any of their players gone to? NONE! Lousy trainers, lousy coaches and the most expensive club anywhere. WHY BOTHER???

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      SUSA is a money-grubbing ATM Soccer program. Parents buy the b.s. and drink the kool-aide about ECNL. What GREAT colleges has any of their players gone to? NONE! Lousy trainers, lousy coaches and the most expensive club anywhere. WHY BOTHER???
      They seem to do very well when it coems to college placements for their ECNL girls teams. The boys side is obviously harder, with ECNL not the top league for boys and so many internationals taking up college roster spots.

Comment

They seem to do very well when it coems to college placements for their ECNL girls teams. The boys side is obviously harder, with ECNL not the top league for boys and so many internationals taking up college roster spots.
        My daughter's team did really well with commitments and they're doing really well in college...it was definitely a lot of fun to watch the tourney this year, we knew a lot of kids playing. It was pretty cool!

Comment

They have a few Ivy commits in recent years (Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell and Yale) as well as strong schools such as Wake Forest, Bucknell, William and Mary, GW, Lafayette, etc. In terms of great soccer programs, they have one player at Alabama who is playing significant minutes getting to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. And many of their D3 commits are at strong schools/programs in the NESCAC (Hamilton, Bowdoin, Conn Colleger) and UAA (Emory, NYU, Brandeis). Generally a pretty reasonable history of college commitments.

Comment

Talk about SUSA all you want but for the ECNL girls teams compare their commits to other clubs in the area. SUSA dominates other NY clubs like World Class, EMSC, NYSC, etc.

Comment

They have a few Ivy commits in recent years (Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell and Yale) as well as strong schools such as Wake Forest, Bucknell, William and Mary, GW, Lafayette, etc. In terms of great soccer programs, they have one player at Alabama who is playing significant minutes getting to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. And many of their D3 commits are at strong schools/programs in the NESCAC (Hamilton, Bowdoin, Conn Colleger) and UAA (Emory, NYU, Brandeis). Generally a pretty reasonable history of college commitments.
              You lost me after Princeton and Yale

Comment

Talk about SUSA all you want but for the ECNL girls teams compare their commits to other clubs in the area. SUSA dominates other NY clubs like World Class, EMSC, NYSC, etc.
                Ok and what in the bloody hell do you think ECNL is going to do for you besides bleeding your pocket? Also, SUSA does not dominate at all and any good player that they may have, was developed by someone else and will lose all they had with the garbage trainers there. PLEASE!!

Comment

Ok and what in the bloody hell do you think ECNL is going to do for you besides bleeding your pocket? Also, SUSA does not dominate at all and any good player that they may have, was developed by someone else and will lose all they had with the garbage trainers there. PLEASE!!
                  Lol, they had a top 5 college Freshman this year (Clemson) and a top 5 college Freshman last year (Alabama), who both played for them for several years and committed to their colleges while playing for Susa. They have a starter on Stanford's team, who played for them for several years. There's at least half a dozen that I know of that received mid-major conference awards this year, I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but I'm getting it from my daughter and her former teammates who all played for Susa, oh and Top Drawer Soccer.

Comment

So what hidden agenda are you cheerleading for? EDP?

Comment

The fact is that susa somehow has the best placements in college for girls despite not being the best teams in the area.

Comment

The fact is that susa somehow has the best placements in college for girls despite not being the best teams in the area.
                        Who is the best girls team in the area?

Comment

You lost me after Princeton and Yale
                          Why? Princeton's soccer program is usually pretty strong. Not UNC-strong, but definitely Top 50.

Comment

World Class has a player who just signed a NWSL contract and is skipping college.

Comment

World Class has a player who just signed a NWSL contract and is skipping college.
                              That's the decision she feels is right for her, I wish her well-I remember when she was the NYS HS POY in 8th grade (!!) she's a stud! But there are several other players in our region, including the 2 from Susa, who had the same opportunity but decided to go to college first, instead. I can name 5 UNC players off the top of my head that postponed the pros, including some in her recruiting class-I don't know if that's the measuring stick I'd use to ascertain the strength of a club.

Comment

That's the decision she feels is right for her, I wish her well-I remember when she was the NYS HS POY in 8th grade (!!) she's a stud! But there are several other players in our region, including the 2 from Susa, who had the same opportunity but decided to go to college first, instead. I can name 5 UNC players off the top of my head that postponed the pros, including some in her recruiting class-I don't know if that's the measuring stick I'd use to ascertain the strength of a club.
                                Where are the 2 from Susa going to college?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X