Is Albertson out of ECNL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I got two emails for Albertson tryouts this morning. One for boys ECNL and one for girls DA.

I have a feeling that yes Albertson does have ECNL. Boys ECNL only. That’s why Susa was only granted girls ECNL. They told PR that they can keep boys ECNL and have to pick between girls ECNL and Fury DA. PR tied to US Soccer has to pick DA.

I guess technically Albertson is not lying when they say they have ECNL. They are just not telling the whole truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So, I got two emails for Albertson tryouts this morning. One for boys ECNL and one for girls DA.

I have a feeling that yes Albertson does have ECNL. Boys ECNL only. That’s why Susa was only granted girls ECNL. They told PR that they can keep boys ECNL and have to pick between girls ECNL and Fury DA. PR tied to US Soccer has to pick DA.

I guess technically Albertson is not lying when they say they have ECNL. They are just not telling the whole truth.
      They sent tryout info for girls ECNL last week, on their website too. They are not losing it.

Comment

They sent tryout info for girls ECNL last week, on their website too. They are not losing it.
        Based on what evidence? The pieces are there, PR chose GDA.

Good luck when you make the "team" and find out later they are playing in a different league.

Comment

Last week they sent boys and girls ECNL as well as Fury DA at the same time. Not the same for this week. They can’t say they are losing girls ECNL for obvious reasons. I bet ECNL told them they will lose boys ECNL as well of they send anymore girls ECNL and DA together. Think about it...

If they tell you differently, they are lying to you

Comment

Because my daughter plays ECNL. The NPL team is not very good and a huge step down from ECNL. No confidence in getting to college via NPL. She is 13 now and it’s a big concern. It’s not just me either. Other parents worried as well.
            Think of it this way. If they drop out of ECNL, then those top players on that team would join the NPL team, making it much better than it is currently.

Comment

Think of it this way. If they drop out of ECNL, then those top players on that team would join the NPL team, making it much better than it is currently.
              None of the parents would outright accept that. They would want to stay in ECNL for most and DA for some first or as a secondary option. NPL won’t fly. I predict Alby tryouts for girls ECNL will be very lean.

Comment

How long before Paul starts calling all the good 2005s to fill out his Fury DA u14 team next year? He was full court press last year with what I heard an extremely persuasive pitch.

Comment

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....ast-standings/

Alby is in last in almost every age group. Filtered all their goof players to DA I’m sure. Not a good look.

Comment

Last time I checked it is the players family that decides where to try out and play. By the time ECNL or GDA rolls around, these families have seen it all so I don't think anyone is going to be leading them around by the nose.

Comment

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....ast-standings/

Alby is in last in almost every age group. Filtered all their goof players to DA I’m sure. Not a good look.
                      Lol. Think oh mean good players not goof

Comment

Last time I checked it is the players family that decides where to try out and play. By the time ECNL or GDA rolls around, these families have seen it all so I don't think anyone is going to be leading them around by the nose.
                        I think you are missing the point...last year, PR cherry picked the best players and told them to play GDA as that was the A team. Sure, you could have said no, but you were then choosing to play on a decimated team that he considered to be the B team. So most felt like they didn't really have a choice to stay on the A track.

Comment

Please tell me you're joking! You think by the time ECNL rolls around at U12 (11 year olds) and GDA rolls around U14 (13 year olds) that these families have "seen it all"??? Really??? Trust, I'm on my 3rd go around with this crap, at those ages-you ain't seen nothing yet!

Comment

Please tell me you're joking! You think by the time ECNL rolls around at U12 (11 year olds) and GDA rolls around U14 (13 year olds) that these families have "seen it all"??? Really??? Trust, I'm on my 3rd go around with this crap, at those ages-you ain't seen nothing yet!
                            this is the problem with youth soccer. people are arrogant.

Comment

Not sure about that. Some kids are on there 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th team by the time they hit 13. These kids get around and the number willing and able to join these uber-expensive, uber-travel teams is limited. Dont look to see any dramatic change in LI soccer just because a club joins a new league. It is what it is. The deck just get a bit reshuffled every year.

Comment

Not sure about that. Some kids are on there 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th team by the time they hit 13. These kids get around and the number willing and able to join these uber-expensive, uber-travel teams is limited. Dont look to see any dramatic change in LI soccer just because a club joins a new league. It is what it is. The deck just get a bit reshuffled every year.
                                agree to some extent that you can call it whatever you want, still doesn't change things. however parents and kids at those ages, haven't seen anything. It is not even high school or college. it is YOUTH soccer. the kids who survive all this nonsense and still have the passion to go through high school and college if the choose, and beyond that's the real stuff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X