Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It would be great if oysa and rcl created a regional league together. . Not many teams in Oregon would qualify but it would be great for the competitive multi sport athletes that don’t want DA and see ECNL for the scam it is.
    They do, its called Far West Regional League. And Oregon teams have done well in it.

Comment

Bringing DA to the younger ages will hopefully get the kids out of the winning mindset. Soccer is NOT about winning games and lifting trophies. It is about focus, concentration and improving your skills for national team service. Far too often the winning mindset leads to bad habits and do whatever it takes to win. That is wrong.

Parents want wins for Facebook and Instagram status. That's silly and wasteful. Kids shouldn't care and winning tournaments and trophies. The showcase approach strips out the winning.
      Break them young. If you want to be National Team material you have to break yourself from worrying about wins. Serious training takes focus. Just because you can send it long and get a goal doesn't mean you should.

US Soccer is trying to bring it to younger and younger ages which is good. I know there was talk about bringing young girls DA to Oregon but I haven't heard when it might drop.

Comment

Break them young. If you want to be National Team material you have to break yourself from worrying about wins. Serious training takes focus. Just because you can send it long and get a goal doesn't mean you should.

US Soccer is trying to bring it to younger and younger ages which is good. I know there was talk about bringing young girls DA to Oregon but I haven't heard when it might drop.
        The youngest age for GDA in the USA is u14.
        Any club advertising otherwise are liars and con artists.

Comment

The youngest age for GDA in the USA is u14.
          Any club advertising otherwise are liars and con artists.
          I don't have any interest in the bickering here but US Soccer is exploring bringing the same DA they have for younger boys to younger girls. Give them a call if you disagree.

Comment

I don't have any interest in the bickering here but US Soccer is exploring bringing the same DA they have for younger boys to younger girls. Give them a call if you disagree.
            BOys has had U12 for a few years now. There are many more BDA clubs that have DA U12-14 then it funnels into a smaller group of clubs at U15. The theory is to cast a wide net and see what's worth catching, as well as start training "The DA Way" (whatever the hell that is) as soon as possible. GDA is running U13 in one region next year, expect it to expand the following year. U12 will be the final step after that. Right now USSF has bigger fish to fry, however. They're contracting, not expanding.

There's also talk of BDA splitting BDA U17 teams into single year, leaving only the U18/19s the combined year age group. Don't forget, all of this helps USSF get market share which is a primary goal.

Comment

You have to start young to get the win-at-all-costs mindset out of kids before it takes hold. Winning is not important. Individual development and focused training should be the only thing that matters. Unfortunately, young kids go to a tournament and win a trophy and the joy of the moment and the excitement gets them to think that soccer is about winning and fun. Must eliminate tournaments, trophies, and wins to catch up with the European ideals. Sacrifice and hard work are a must starting at U10. The birth year change was a great move to get young girls away from school mates.

Comment

Did, and there are no US Soccer DA programs for girls under u14 currently. What club is advertising they have this program? Are they actually saying they have a Development Academy program for girls and associating that with the US Soccer DA logo?

Comment

Did, and there are no US Soccer DA programs for girls under u14 currently. What club is advertising they have this program? Are they actually saying they have a Development Academy program for girls and associating that with the US Soccer DA logo?
                  Who did you talk to?

Comment

No you didn't.

Comment

I just called and he didn't say no. Hopefully sooner vs later. The thorns stuff is not interesting to me.

Comment

Who did you talk to?
                        I didn't actually call. I was trying to fit in here. Sorry.

Comment

I thought DA banned kids from playing other sports? Having fun is not developmentally correct.
                          Thorns let kids play HS soccer and track this year. Hopefully basketball next year.

Comment

FAQs here. Starts at u14.
                            Are there any clubs asserting they have been accepted into this program and are advertising this program for younger ages?
                            http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-faqs

Comment

FAQs here. Starts at u14.
                              Are there any clubs asserting they have been accepted into this program and are advertising this program for younger ages?
                              http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-faqs
                              US Soccer has said they want to bring DA to younger age girls. Go get them! You said you called them. Who did you talk to?

Comment

US Soccer has said they want to bring DA to younger age girls. Go get them! You said you called them. Who did you talk to?
                                I didn't call.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X