Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since the Revs aren't responsible enough to keep players from doing drugs on showcase trips, or discipline them after, I don't think any parent would allow them to educate their kids.
    I told my kid to stay away from players doing drugs on the upcoming Atlanta trip. I hope he listens.

Comment

I told my kid to stay away from players doing drugs on the upcoming Atlanta trip. I hope he listens.
      I heard the kids have gotten much smarter about it(and not in a good way).

Comment

I heard the kids have gotten much smarter about it(and not in a good way).
        Kids will always find a way. It's just a matter of whether or not they get caught. If they see there's little to no punishment for breaking the rules, guess what? They're more likely to do it again or try it themselves for the fist time.

Comment

I hate to say this, all this starts at home and all this kids may be doing drugs and alcohol in your own freaking nose. But is the true you can’t be with your kids 24 hours they need to make better decisions. Don’t look to blame other people....

Comment

I hate to say this, all this starts at home and all this kids may be doing drugs and alcohol in your own freaking nose. But is the true you can’t be with your kids 24 hours they need to make better decisions. Don’t look to blame other people....
            So true. Many parents think their kids won't ever even experiment, let alone start doing something regularly. Almost all will experiment at some point. It's just reality and I don't get worked up about that as long as that's all it is and they're smart about it. All it took was one horrific hangover to convince one of my kids that getting sh itfaced isn't all it's cracked up to be. Raise your kids to be good people and (mostly) make good decisions. Partying on a club trip is not a good decision.

Comment

So true. Many parents think their kids won't ever even experiment, let alone start doing something regularly. Almost all will experiment at some point. It's just reality and I don't get worked up about that as long as that's all it is and they're smart about it. All it took was one horrific hangover to convince one of my kids that getting sh itfaced isn't all it's cracked up to be. Raise your kids to be good people and (mostly) make good decisions. Partying on a club trip is not a good decision.
              At least my kid comes home to me and I can see their eyes. Revs coaches? M.I.A. Then they swept the controversy under the rug. That's what we're dealing with. It has totally ruined the team dynamic after the fact. Zero accountability.

Comment

Home schooling is definitely not for everyone. .
                Actually it's for nobody. It's all about crazy parents stunting their child's social development to pursue parents' delusional dreams. Not a single player on Revs is "going pro".

Comment

MLS will have their own league so DA will be second tier . The MLS teams want better competition . They are not dropping their youth Academy teams they are just dropping DA.

Revs are playing Manu Youth Academy teams this weekend in Westford . Go check it out for yourself.

They are still the top program in this area. My son can't wait !!
                  Bolts, GPS, Bayside, PDA and Best FC are also playing ManU Youth team this weekend.....

http://www.millworkswestford.com/events-2/

Comment

Actually it's for nobody. It's all about crazy parents stunting their child's social development to pursue parents' delusional dreams. Not a single player on Revs is "going pro".
                    In MA and really any semi-urban areas I'd largely agree. Out in rural areas it's often the only way to get a decent education, unless you can afford to ship your kid off to boarding school. To do it just for soccer, however, is foolish. It's really only for the kids/families that have the right motivations and temperaments to do it well.

Comment

In MA and really any semi-urban areas I'd largely agree. Out in rural areas it's often the only way to get a decent education, unless you can afford to ship your kid off to boarding school. To do it just for soccer, however, is foolish. It's really only for the kids/families that have the right motivations and temperaments to do it well.
                      Or it’s none of your business what families choose to do.

Comment

touched a nerve eh?

Comment

Well, if you brag about your idiocy on this forum as some sort of smart model for soccer and child development then we do get to point out what a failure you are as a parent and laugh at you-whether you like it or not.

Comment

Well, if you brag about your idiocy on this forum as some sort of smart model for soccer and child development then we do get to point out what a failure you are as a parent and laugh at you-whether you like it or not.
                            What is your measure of failure? A 1360 on his SAT at age 14? Command of 4 languages? Training with top players from around the world? What?

Comment

What is your measure of failure? A 1360 on his SAT at age 14? Command of 4 languages? Training with top players from around the world? What?
                              What college he gets into. Good luck nutjob.

Comment

Did you know that if you're in the 8th grade your SAT score will be wiped clean at the end of your 8th grade year, like it never existed. Great job mom!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X