U14 rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a club issue. I know that I witnessed a referee filing a formal complaint against THUSC Gallium parents this summer at a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sounds like a club issue. I know that I witnessed a referee filing a formal complaint against THUSC Gallium parents this summer at a tournament.
      Don't try to throw the entire club under because of a few parents. The same can be said about WSM, Eastside, FC, LO, etc. I've witnessed plenty of parents at all the clubs get rowdy at times. Nemesis might even be the worst.

Comment

When parents of a team are fighting amongst themselves and getting in trouble with the ref I would say that is over board. I do not think all the Mercury parents are out of hand but you do have a handful that need to get there emotions in check.
        The fighting "between parents" stems from a single player's parents and is NOT indicative of the chemistry between the balance of the teams parents!

I have seen this type of tension to one degree or another on nearly every team I have observed over the past 8 years! In competitive soccer it is the rare exception where all parents are happy. Unhappy parents are ALWAYS behind team implosions and coaching changes justified or not. So pointing out this type of tension on Mercury is just piling on!

Comment

Did you witness the behavior?

Your post assumes that the referee was blameless in the incident.

Oh I forgot according to law 5 referee's are infallible and should never be questioned. GMFB!

How many other teams received a formal complaint at that tournament and how do you know?

You know you don't need a registered avatar because we all know you are a THUSC hater.

Comment

Delusional

Mercury parent here. First timer to this message board too. I've read throught the posts above and have a hard time connecting all of this behavior to our parents and or team. While we parents are vocal and not shy at expressing our disappointment with the quality of officiating I don't recall hearing our parents scream at players from the other team. Last summer an opposing player did yell at one our parents but I don't "think" that was a repsonse to having been verbally attacked by that parent but either way that is just one incident and has not happend again to my knowledge.

You may find our loud support of our team out of character for youth soccer in Oregon but I'm trying to figure out why you would have a problem with encouraging our own players?
            You say we are screaming at our kids, what are we screaming? As a group we have worked hard over the past year to not coach from the sidelines and I'm more than confident that what you consider "screaming" are remnants of that BAD habit. I seriously doubt that these words or phrases could be consider berating or negative, reminders maybe but not put downs.

I don't recall our parents "screaming" at each other either but you must have seen an incident so you assume that we are at each other's throats every game!

As far as what other parents say behind our backs or think of us that is THEIR problem. IF they were really concerned for the comportment of the game they should have the class to explain our offense calmly and politely as parents from other teams from within our clubs have done over the years!

We have our opinions of the other teams too and could share stories of their less than stellar behavior but we don't go to message boards like this one and whine away about that obnoxious group of parents from so and so club because it only makes the poster and the sycophants "feel superior" and does not change their behavior.

It would be one thing if our behavior was negatively affecting our girls play or if THUSC or OPL determined that it was beyond the pale but to date none of those things have happened.

Interestingly, I would submit that our vocal support during State Cup helped the team stay focused and motivated and was a small, (I said small) factor in their success.

Either way we are not in a popularity contest with other parent groups. We go to games to support our daughters and do everything we can to make their soccer experience successful and enjoyable. And on those two point I can say mission accomplished!
            I "crazed" is going to far, delusional is obviously not. Because this is a seriously deluded post. Of course it's not all the Merc. parents. But there is a pattern of behavior and the pattern is common knowledge, even among some less than happy Mercury parents. You need a reality check. Although I know that you won't take one and you will deny that there is a problem AGAIN. Maybe you will even pat yourself on the back and take some more credit for your kids performance on the field.

Comment

Did you witness the behavior?

Your post assumes that the referee was blameless in the incident.

Oh I forgot according to law 5 referee's are infallible and should never be questioned. GMFB!

How many other teams received a formal complaint at that tournament and how do you know?

You know you don't need a registered avatar because we all know you are a THUSC hater.
              Sounds like something hit close to home.

Comment

Interestingly, I would submit that our vocal support during State Cup helped the team stay focused and motivated and was a small, (I said small) factor in their success.

Either way we are not in a popularity contest with other parent groups. We go to games to support our daughters and do everything we can to make their soccer experience successful and enjoyable. And on those two point I can say mission accomplished!
                This is very telling and might explain actions of the parents.

They really feel like they impact the game and all they care about is thier own daughter's experience?

That would explain some of the conduct towards the refs and yelling at the kids on the field. Not saying this is wrong, just that it explains things.

Our team's parents are different. We are very conscious of what we say and how we treat the other team player. parents and refs. We think that is a big part of the game and sportsmanship is huge at this age. We try to hold our tounge when we think the ref makes a bad call or try not to be the coach from the stands. Not saying this is right, just different.

I don't know what is the right or wrong way for parents to approach and watch a game. But it is interesting to see the different parents mentalities and what they think is appropriate behavior at a soccer game. If your focus is only on your daughter's experience, it makes sense to not feel compelled to hold anything back.

Comment

Sounds like something hit close to home.
                  No I'm just sick and tired of fact free accusations.

Blogs are great places to start rumors and because readers believe the worst without consideration of the facts.

Comment

Our team's parents are different. We are very conscious of what we say and how we treat the other team player. parents and refs. We think that is a big part of the game and sportsmanship is huge at this age. We try to hold our tounge when we think the ref makes a bad call or try not to be the coach from the stands. Not saying this is right, just different.
                    This is the funniest post I have ever read. I have yet to see any team where the parents are "holding their tongue when they think the ref makes a bad call". You are not a saint, the parents on your team are not saints. Some are worse than others but all teams have parents that yell.

Comment

This is the funniest post I have ever read. I have yet to see any team where the parents are "holding their tongue when they think the ref makes a bad call". You are not a saint, the parents on your team are not saints. Some are worse than others but all teams have parents that yell.
                      This post tells me two things:

1) you haven't read many posts
                      2) you don't attend alot of soccer games

Parents aren't saints . . . but it doesn't take a saint to not yell at the refs. I really don't understand parents yelling at refs, but parents that yell at refs are few and far between from my experience.

Maybe you can be open minded and realize parents, players and clubs are different. For example there is some coach from THUSC who got 9 red cards. Nine red cards? Out of all the games I have been to (not the most about 100 rough estimate), I have yet to see a coach get a red card and our coach does not yell at the refs and rarely gets into conversations with them. Maybe that isn't the best coach, but coaches like that exist and parent of a team don't yell at refs exist. Maybe not in your world, but they do in the real world.

Comment

My daughter is a current U17 and my son is in college. I have to agree that I have never been to a game where there aren't at least some parents making a few comments about bad calls. I would say every team has some parents that yell. My son did when he was U11 and I'd guess that the same thing is happening now.

Comment

Our teams parents don't yell either. We aren't saints, but we are adults. Bizarre that you don't get the distinction.

Comment

My daughter is a current U17 and my son is in college. I have to agree that I have never been to a game where there aren't at least some parents making a few comments about bad calls. I would say every team has some parents that yell. My son did when he was U11 and I'd guess that the same thing is happening now.
                            I don't try to listen to the other parents if they are talking about the refs, but I have been to games where I have not heard the other side yell at refs. I don't even think it happens very often at the U13 age group.

Not doubting what you are saying. Maybe someparents at every game make a comment about bad ref, I could see that. What I have seen are some parents from some teams not shy to give a ref a piece of their mind (basically yelling at the ref) and parents from other teams not yelling or trying to get into conversations with the refs.

I think a lot has to do with the peorsonality or the clubs, but have only been my kids games and really don't track it outside of that limited area. So not rying to piss off any club, just my two cents.

Comment

FC Parents constantly yell at the refs. They all might as well show up with black and white striped shirts. Bunch of idiots.

Comment

FC Parents constantly yell at the refs. They all might as well show up with black and white striped shirts. Bunch of idiots.
                                You must be confused. Only parents yelling at refs are the Timbers Lemmings and Cavemen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X