Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No kid was playing on both teams. Which is a violation of DAP rules
    It is true

It’s not even debatable.

Comment

It is true

It’s not even debatable.
      Who cares? It's a stupid rule for middle schoolers. If the kid isn't coming back then either MK was vindictive or the family decided on something better for him.

Comment

Beachside losses

Who cares? It's a stupid rule for middle schoolers. If the kid isn't coming back then either MK was vindictive or the family decided on something better for him.
        Let me ask you, would it be WRONG and a problem if the kid missed a game because he was traveling to Spain with the BARCA team to play in a tournament there?

This is a DA rostered kid remember.

Comment

Let me ask you, would it be WRONG and a problem if the kid missed a game because he was traveling to Spain with the BARCA team to play in a tournament there?

This is a DA rostered kid remember.
          I believe the kid played at a tournament for BARCA. Does DA allow for guest players at a tourney?

Anyway, the bottom line is the MK is done. They used to be the only game in town. Not anymore. He used to get away with being a pr!ck. Not anymore. To be sure, he will be around for a while. It will be a steady decline to the bottom that will take a few years

Comment

Hi everyone,

What a mess, my son is on the U-12 Beachside DA team, and I just found out that 7 of the top 10 players of our team are LEAVING at the end of this season.

They're going to NYSC, NYCFC, Barca NY, and some back to town travel.

Now I understand the NYCFC thing, that is an MLS program and although MK doesn't suppor them (although he claims to but we all know differently) NYSC and Barca NY, and back to town travel.... this is curious to me.

Before I continue, I should say I totally understand why they are leaving. But what about those left behind? Our team is decimated ... and as I talk to parents, the common theme is that we're not practicing enough, the club doesn't respect the parents, and the kids don't like the coaching.

Well damn it man.... what am I suppose to say to that?

Signed sad parent, left behind, didn't act soon enough I guess.

this sucks
            There is rule for DA that players from other DA clubs are not allowed to tryout until the DA season is over. You could contact other DA clubs (NYSC, FCW and others) and ask for a tryout for your son after the season is over (which be in the next several weeks). Most DA clubs leave a few spots open on their rosters for players from other DA clubs.

Comment

I think the the future of BS will be determined by what happens with the 07s next year. There is no doubt that DA teams are losing players. Exactly how many is still TBD because everyone says they are leaving but I suspect some may stay (or be convinced to stay by MK). No matter how many leave, it will be a hit to the program and the quality of team will go down even more.

HOWEVER... the kids that are entering DA are the big question mark. Many disgruntled parents on current North/South teams and pretty weak quality prospects at tryouts. If BS is still able to draw enough kids to stay/join, then their pipeline is still working. However, if too many current players leave and not enough quality new players join, then we know the pipeline is broken and it's over for BS.

Any quality sport program is like a funnel. You need lots of inbound talent that over the years gets filtered down to a very strong team at the older age levels. If BS (or any club) is not getting enough quality talent at the top of the funnel, there is little hope they can correct it in the later years.

Comment

I think the the future of BS will be determined by what happens with the 07s next year. There is no doubt that DA teams are losing players. Exactly how many is still TBD because everyone says they are leaving but I suspect some may stay (or be convinced to stay by MK). No matter how many leave, it will be a hit to the program and the quality of team will go down even more.

HOWEVER... the kids that are entering DA are the big question mark. Many disgruntled parents on current North/South teams and pretty weak quality prospects at tryouts. If BS is still able to draw enough kids to stay/join, then their pipeline is still working. However, if too many current players leave and not enough quality new players join, then we know the pipeline is broken and it's over for BS.

Any quality sport program is like a funnel. You need lots of inbound talent that over the years gets filtered down to a very strong team at the older age levels. If BS (or any club) is not getting enough quality talent at the top of the funnel, there is little hope they can correct it in the later years.
                BS has no qualms taking talent developed elsewhere. No need to "correct" what they have, just pull in more talent in the later years If families are taking a wait and see approach for a few awhile that may be a smart move, s long as their kids play at another quality club and work at it. Life isn't over just because you don't start DA at 11 years old.

Comment

There is rule for DA that players from other DA clubs are not allowed to tryout until the DA season is over. You could contact other DA clubs (NYSC, FCW and others) and ask for a tryout for your son after the season is over (which be in the next several weeks). Most DA clubs leave a few spots open on their rosters for players from other DA clubs.
                  Younger teams are done much sooner. BS dad should get on the phone if he wants to try and make another DA team. At the younger ages rosters are still very fluid. If the kid is a baller he'll find a good spot

Comment

BS has no qualms taking talent developed elsewhere. No need to "correct" what they have, just pull in more talent in the later years If families are taking a wait and see approach for a few awhile that may be a smart move, s long as their kids play at another quality club and work at it. Life isn't over just because you don't start DA at 11 years old.
                    In the past what you say was 100% correct. However in current environment, pulling the talent is MUCH harder for them. There are multiple very strong competitors also pulling from the same pool. How many top kids (who are likely being recruited by other clubs at the same time) want to jump to BS and join a weak team that is constantly losing? At that level, if you are ready to make a jump to DA (or other top club), you want to be surrounded by the best players an best coaches. If BS no longer has the best players (and we can argue about best coaches), then what attracts you to the club?

It's not MK's warm and bubbly personality.

Comment

In the past what you say was 100% correct. However in current environment, pulling the talent is MUCH harder for them. There are multiple very strong competitors also pulling from the same pool. How many top kids (who are likely being recruited by other clubs at the same time) want to jump to BS and join a weak team that is constantly losing? At that level, if you are ready to make a jump to DA (or other top club), you want to be surrounded by the best players an best coaches. If BS no longer has the best players (and we can argue about best coaches), then what attracts you to the club?

It's not MK's warm and bubbly personality.
                      Well....MK did say that their style of training is what he learned in Spain at FCB. So if we extrapolate, because my kid trains with BS then he will be ready to sign the billion dollar FCB contract in a few years.....or he could be full of BS.

Comment

There is an upside to all of this. Plenty of carpool options down to NYSC or NYCFC. Be sure to ask for a roster of CT players and definitely reach out. I know I will be...

Comment

There is an upside to all of this. Plenty of carpool options down to NYSC or NYCFC. Be sure to ask for a roster of CT players and definitely reach out. I know I will be...
                          Also, for the new players there is bound to be a plethora of used BS uniforms and backpacks on Ebay

Comment

If your club hinges on any single age group or just a few, then you are in trouble .... especially when the kids are only 10 or 11 ...... that is said that you would even think that a group of 10 year olds could save a club. There is no future if this is true and anyone that would stay and wiat to see what happens is a fool.

Comment

If your club hinges on any single age group or just a few, then you are in trouble .... especially when the kids are only 10 or 11 ...... that is said that you would even think that a group of 10 year olds could save a club. There is no future if this is true and anyone that would stay and wiat to see what happens is a fool.
                              It clearly was written by a ulittle dad who doesn't understand what's facing his kid down the road.

Comment

I believe the kid played at a tournament for BARCA. Does DA allow for guest players at a tourney?

Anyway, the bottom line is the MK is done. They used to be the only game in town. Not anymore. He used to get away with being a pr!ck. Not anymore. To be sure, he will be around for a while. It will be a steady decline to the bottom that will take a few years
                                The rule is no play outside DAP. Stupid or not the rest of the team abides by it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X