Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC places far more players in college than you are assuming. The majority of their branch players go on to play in college at D2 or D3 and they are usually listed among their placements. What you look at as a negative, I look at as a positive. They service players of all levels. Easily the most D1 kids in the state and their D2 and D3 kids from the NPL and branches compare with the lists from OW and the other clubs. It’s silly to even try to compare those clubs to CFC. You may not like the club, but it is so superior to the other clubs, they shouldn’t even be in the discussion.

What's the point or purpose of comparing them in the first place?

Comment

No one gives a crap about Cfc branches except coxon and crew who collect $100 per player from every branch because of CFC logo on the uniform
      The tool driving a Bentley? Enough said. Money grab.

Comment

So, then you agree that the overall CFC placement list in colleges is far murkier once we add those branch players into the mix. Last I saw, they still wear the letters CFC on their jerseys.

You have to count all the apples. Not just the ones you like.
        News flash. Not every CFC branch player has the desire to play in college. A majority of the branch teams just want to play soccer now, period. Playing in college is a big commitment. The kids who want to play in college choose to put in the time and effort and migrate to the teams with that desire, i.e. the ECNL and NPL teams.
        That being said, I think you would be very surprised at how many of the branch kids who do want to play in college end up at decent D3 schools. The percentage of placement success for those branches would have to be measured by the percentage of kids who wanted that result.
        With the ECNL and NPL teams you assume 100% desire to play in college so that's why those stats are measured against the entire team.
        I think it's great that CFC has options for every player. Apparently, there is a market for it.

Comment

So, then you agree that the overall CFC placement list in colleges is far murkier once we add those branch players into the mix. Last I saw, they still wear the letters CFC on their jerseys.

You have to count all the apples. Not just the ones you like.
          Is anyone counting the college placements at clubs similar to CFC branches? The Everton B teams, FSA C teams, Sporting, Ginga....all those are about in the same alignment and very few will send players off to college. They're either not good enough or don't want to play, they're just playing at those clubs in the HS age because they enjoy it, want to keep up to play in HS. CFC branches become the rest of the pack at U14. Branch parents know know it too, except the blind ones who can't see what's right in front of them. Your bitterness sounds like you are one of them.

Comment

And my other question I ask when it comes to college placement? How many of them are going to their first choice school?
            Here we go again. News flash - MANY HS kids don't wind up at their first choice school, not just athletes. Do you think a player who doesn't get their first choice is some how going to be miserable/be at a school they don't like? No of course not. Sometimes choice #2 or $ is just as satisfying. Many athletes have to make compromises during the process just like non athletes do - the coach doesn't think it's a fit, player doesn't like the coach, they're not looking to fill your position (finding a spot is BRUTAL for GK's), you get some money but still can't afford it etc. Finally, academics matter. Soccer isn't football or basketball where admissions turns a blind eye to academics. Yes D1 and D2 coaches and to a lesser extent D3 coaches can help push some players through the admissions process, but not all. They'll only bend so much for athletes and many kids don't have the grades. So if your kid has 3.2 GPA guess what, they ain't going to Stanford no matter how much they want to.

Comment

The tool driving a Bentley? Enough said. Money grab.
              Someone has a Bentley? Always wanted to ride in one of those to see what the hype is all about.

Comment

Someone has a Bentley? Always wanted to ride in one of those to see what the hype is all about.
                AND a thoroughbred race horse.

Comment

AND a thoroughbred race horse.
                  SC doesn’t have a Bentley. Lol. But he does have a race horse or two from what I’ve seen. Giddy up!

Comment

Breakers vs. empire will be epic for sure.
                    Oh it was epic alright :-(

Comment

Oh it was epic alright :-(
                      BB were 8-0, with a +74 GD.

Comment

Waste of time and money.

Comment

Waste of time and money.
                          Your wife told me the same thing about you while I was giving her downward doggie

Comment

Whoever this dude is with the awesome sexual comebacks has major issues. What is wrong with you clown boy.

Comment

We are now a year into the GDA. Last tryout season Oakwood attracted no one from other top teams that wanted to be part of the GDA. This year is critical for Oakwood to attract at least a few top players from the ECNL teams. Has any outside player even come to train and see what Oakwood has to offer?

You can say all you want about what league is tops nationally, but here in CT the best players are not playing GDA yet.

Comment

We are now a year into the GDA. Last tryout season Oakwood attracted no one from other top teams that wanted to be part of the GDA. This year is critical for Oakwood to attract at least a few top players from the ECNL teams. Has any outside player even come to train and see what Oakwood has to offer?

You can say all you want about what league is tops nationally, but here in CT the best players are not playing GDA yet.
                                NYSC (GDA) also attracting CT players, and to a lesser extent NYCFC (GDA). Plenty of solid options for CT players in both leagues. IMO, it is just a matter of time, before GDA takes the lead......although CFC and FSA will try to hold on dearly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X