Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This will go the same as when they took over Milan Boston years back or North Shore SC a few years ago. They will go along with what the club wants to do in order to have a partnership but believe me no one does business better than GPS. They will take it over in a few years time and it will just become part of the south shore. They do it with EVERY club the "Partner with"

You can spin it all you want to but look at past history. They are good at the business side of things. All that is good about a small family owned club like Synergy will be gone in 2 years time. If you think otherwise your naive.
    Bingo. Synergy is history. Fees go up. McSoccer begins.

Comment

This will go the same as when they took over Milan Boston years back or North Shore SC a few years ago. They will go along with what the club wants to do in order to have a partnership but believe me no one does business better than GPS. They will take it over in a few years time and it will just become part of the south shore. They do it with EVERY club the "Partner with"

You can spin it all you want to but look at past history. They are good at the business side of things. All that is good about a small family owned club like Synergy will be gone in 2 years time. If you think otherwise your naive.
      Spot on. "Partners are for dancing", and the Great Pocket Siphon ain't here to do the Cha-cha, more like the Cha-Ching. Sad to see a club that at least had a chance to keep a tie to their community base falll prey to corporate greed powered soccer.

Comment

PK, also known on talking soccer as PM & DK have both kidneys, so they are letting people keep their kidneys. NO internal or external body parts will be required to play for GPS Synergy per the ownership. Also, when we hike the rate to 3600 or more, we will be having a bake sale to help offset costs for all the members that are only here because they don't want to pay much. All of our rec coaches will be taking time off from their town teams to help sell Synergy Pies at the bake sale, but act quickly if you want one because apparently GPS is getting a big piece of the Synergy Pie. I do wish that I knew GPS bought us out though, because I was hoping to use that money for a makeover cuz, i guess if I smell like .. and I look like..., then I must be ..., so I probably need to clean myself up. Anyway, since I don't have a serious club, I guess I shouldn't have a serious answer. You can listen to the nonsense posted here by uneducated, anonymous cowards or you can simply go direct to the source. Dave Knight

Comment

PK, also known on talking soccer as PM & DK have both kidneys, so they are letting people keep their kidneys. NO internal or external body parts will be required to play for GPS Synergy per the ownership. Also, when we hike the rate to 3600 or more, we will be having a bake sale to help offset costs for all the members that are only here because they don't want to pay much. All of our rec coaches will be taking time off from their town teams to help sell Synergy Pies at the bake sale, but act quickly if you want one because apparently GPS is getting a big piece of the Synergy Pie. I do wish that I knew GPS bought us out though, because I was hoping to use that money for a makeover cuz, i guess if I smell like .. and I look like..., then I must be ..., so I probably need to clean myself up. Anyway, since I don't have a serious club, I guess I shouldn't have a serious answer. You can listen to the nonsense posted here by uneducated, anonymous cowards or you can simply go direct to the source. Dave Knight
          Dear Dave, you've been bamboozled. Get used to hearing I told you so.

Comment

Good luck Dave. I truly hope it works out well for Synergy and it's players. Don't listen to the rhetoric here. Historically the people on this board like to root against 10 and 12 year old kids if they aren't part of their own club.
            See you on the pitch. And that's the only time I will be rooting against you.

Comment

I guess partnership probably means GPS lets them into NEC synergy pays their league fees to that league now and GPS probably will run clinics which they will charge extra for.

Comment

I guess partnership probably means GPS lets them into NEC synergy pays their league fees to that league now and GPS probably will run clinics which they will charge extra for.
                It sounds like a Revs partnership, which isn't much of a partnership at all.

Comment

Good luck Dave. I truly hope it works out well for Synergy and it's players. Don't listen to the rhetoric here. Historically the people on this board like to root against 10 and 12 year old kids if they aren't part of their own club.
                  See you on the pitch. And that's the only time I will be rooting against you.
                  I don't root against kids but I do root against their crazy parents.

Comment

It sounds like a Revs partnership, which isn't much of a partnership at all.
                    So called partnerships tend to go one of two ways - either, like you said, it's in name only and doesn't go anywhere/serves little benefit to either party (and eventually disappears), OR one of the two parties disappears themselves, gobbled up by the larger party.

Comment

So does this mean Synergy will pull out of the Needham tournament to play in the GPS tournament?

Comment

no Synergy will not pull out of the Needham tournament

Comment

no Synergy will not pull out of the Needham tournament
                          Most likely the "partnership" starts in earnest in the fall. Partnerships, buyouts, whatever you want to call it, are rarely immediate in nature. Plans for the rest of the year should remain in place.

Comment

What does a Synergy uniform kit cost?

Comment

What does a Synergy uniform kit cost?
                              It has always been included in the tution. Though I believe starting next year the plan was (even before the GPS partnership) that new players would purchase their own kit. Former players can keep their old uniform. Kit is somehwere about $180-$200

Comment

It has always been included in the tution. Though I believe starting next year the plan was (even before the GPS partnership) that new players would purchase their own kit. Former players can keep their old uniform. Kit is somehwere about $180-$200
                                GPS is $450 every other year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X