•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New player they just added get any PT?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sorry FC but BSC was really the better team today and will prove this even more as Spring closes and United PDX is formed.. Best part was we realized at the half that a lot of FCP parents were actually the employees in s few different capacities for our BSC parents. Pecking order established!
      A new low on this message board. Someone is a bit insecure about their place in the local soccer world- PERENIAL LOSER. I guess when your kid constantly gets his ass kicked on the field you start searching for something else to "win" at. Is someone trying to live through their child and getting similar results...

Comment

New player they just added get any PT?
        who did ta add and what club did he come from

Comment

Crows 2, rvt 0.

Two OYSA games cancelled today due to weather.

Comment

Sorry FC but BSC was really the better team today and will prove this even more as Spring closes and United PDX is formed.. Best part was we realized at the half that a lot of FCP parents were actually the employees in s few different capacities for our BSC parents. Pecking order established!
            I was really stressed about work and a presentation I need to give to some clients this week, so I have to thank you for this welcomed comic relief!
            What the heck are you taking about? Employees? I wasn't even a witness to this game, but the visuals of FC parents undermining your kid is so amusing! Did they trip him every time he had a run down the sideline? Wet willies on throw ins? I need to know!

Comment

I was really stressed about work and a presentation I need to give to some clients this week, so I have to thank you for this welcomed comic relief!
              What the heck are you taking about? Employees? I wasn't even a witness to this game, but the visuals of FC parents undermining your kid is so amusing! Did they trip him every time he had a run down the sideline? Wet willies on throw ins? I need to know!
              It was nothing more than a shallow, weak attempt to say that several BSC parents, are better than the FC parents. Little brother/sister complex. BSC, give it a rest. Scoreboard. Ball don't lie.

Comment

Bsc - fcp info

There is still no official game report on this game. It has been said that FCP won 2-1.
                Does anyone have any info?
                Who were the goals scored by?

Comment

There is still no official game report on this game. It has been said that FCP won 2-1.
                  Does anyone have any info?
                  Who were the goals scored by?
                  Strong winds and rain coming in sideways made for some interesting conditions. If I had to put a number on it I'd say FC had 60% of the possession. BSC was able to create some quick and dangerous counter attacks. FC had about a dozen good chances to score and flubbed them. BSC had about 8, counting 4 corners in a row as 1. As reported before FC had no subs, missing a couple of starters. Very competitive game overall. Nothing earth shattering. 91 scored both goals. Final score was 2-1 FC.

Comment

Strong winds and rain coming in sideways made for some interesting conditions. If I had to put a number on it I'd say FC had 60% of the possession. BSC was able to create some quick and dangerous counter attacks. FC had about a dozen good chances to score and flubbed them. BSC had about 8, counting 4 corners in a row as 1. As reported before FC had no subs, missing a couple of starters. Very competitive game overall. Nothing earth shattering. 91 scored both goals. Final score was 2-1 FC.
                    Not sure if the game report is incorrect, or if the op is one of 91's parents wanting to get him credit for more goals. The game report shows that the 2nd half goal by for FCP was scored by #75 Mason Gasparini.

Comment

I think these are up to date and correct:

FCP 27 PTS (12 GP)
                      WaT 23 PTS (10 GP)
                      CF 23 PTS (11 GP)
                      WT 14 PTS (10 GP)
                      BSC 13 PTS (12 GP)
                      CAP 10 PTS (10 GP)
                      EaT 0 PTS (11 GP)

Everyone should end up playing 24 league games.

Comment

Not sure if the game report is incorrect, or if the op is one of 91's parents wanting to get him credit for more goals. The game report shows that the 2nd half goal by for FCP was scored by #75 Mason Gasparini.
                        I'm not the OP, but was at the game. It was #91 who netted both goals. #75 is a center back who played a very good match, but was not up front at the time of the goal.

Comment

I'm not the OP, but was at the game. It was #91 who netted both goals. #75 is a center back who played a very good match, but was not up front at the time of the goal.
                          DA game reports are occasionally riddled with errors. At the first WT/ET match, a former WT and FC player who now plays for Eastside was credited with 70 minutes--despite being on crutches with a knee injury.

Comment

DA game reports are occasionally riddled with errors. At the first WT/ET match, a former WT and FC player who now plays for Eastside was credited with 70 minutes--despite being on crutches with a knee injury.
                            Hahaha....That is crazy. Their are only a limited number of goals each game and they can't even get it right. smh

Comment

OP and not 91's parent. I was pretty sure 91 had both. Glad I'm not going crazy.

Comment

DA results and poll

It's Monday evening, so time to see how everyone did.

DA predictions:
                                WashT 4 WT 2
                                Actual: 1-1. Westside came up to Vancouver and held WashT to a draw. Result: Three yards wide of the net.

FC 4 BSC 1
                                Actual: FC 2-1. FC reportedly shorthanded, but gets the result. Result: Off the post, and in.

CFC 2 ET 0
                                Actual: CFC 2-0. Was wondering if a struggling Capitol might end up being Eastside's first victim. Wasn't to be. Result: Chipped the keeper from 40 yards, back of the net.

And now, this week's Poll of One Voter.

An interesting question that I often consider--how much to weight last week's results vs longer-term trends? The Poll shouldn't overreact to one week, but nor should it simply reflect the standings--it is trying to answer the question "who is the best team right now?", not "who has the best record" or "who is most likely to win the championship?" (I know, U13 DA doesn't really keep standings or have a championship, but we can compute the table for ourselves).

Last week's poll:

1) WashT (8-1-1). One loss isn't enough to knock them out of the top spot, though if they suffer a bad result against Westside this Saturday, FC is now nipping at their heels. Expect their defense to need to work extra hard to deny opponents chip shots on goal. This weekend, Westside visits Harmony (hope they bring a tent), as the battle for the Most Obnoxious Timbers Alliance Club is on the line.

2) FC (8-3-0). Take care of business against Capitol. Move closer to #1. This coming weekend, BSC pays a visit to Charlie's Carpet; with all of the sturm and drang around the BSC/NEU merger, this might be a bit more interesting.

3) Crossfire (7-2-2). Struggle a bit against Eastside, though get the win. Have next weekend off.

4) Westside (4-4-1). Interesting that the team that went their own way during winter break got the first bye during spring; now they get to visit a ticked-off WashT team.

5) BSC (4-6-1). Hand WashT their first loss, and do so in reasonably impressive style; rolling over a defense that hasn't given up many goals. Appears that the former Westside defender who was reported trying out for FC over winter break has instead opted for BSC. Which makes this weekend's visit to FC a tad more interesting.

6) CFC (3-7-1). Has been struggling quite a bit this year; got rolled by FC in their own backyard. Must annoy them slightly that two of FC's best players live a lot closer to Salem than they do to Hillsboro. Will they be the first team to lose to Eastside? They play ET a visit this weekend.

7) Eastside (0-10-0). Still haven't put a point in the table; but this team is improving. Been reported, of course, that they won't do DA next year, but they still have a season to finish. Host Capitol this weekend.
                                And this week's.

1) FC Portland (9-3-0). Pass WashT in the win column, and beat the team that beat Vancouver last week. That--for now--moves them into the top spot, but barely. Just as a bad result against Westside hurt Washington, FC gets their Washington County rivals this weekend.

2) Washington Timbers (8-1-2). Winless in the past two weeks, and struggle to a 1-1 tie against a Westside squad they blasted 4-0 last fall. (The wind settled the tent question in this one). Idle this weekend.

3) Crossfire (7-2-2). Didn't play the past weekend, get to drive down to Salem this weekend.

4) Westside (4-4-2). Draw against WashT isn't a half-bad result for this crew, though not enough to change their position in the Poll of One Voter. Will be very busy this weekend, with FC Portland coming to Walker Road on Saturday, and then a trip down to Salem as well on Sunday.

5) BSC (4-7-1). Losing by a goal to FC doesn't hurt them much. Host Eastside this weekend.

6) CFC (4-7-1). Avoided the upset by Eastside. Have two chances to impress the Voter this weekend, with Crossfire and Westside--two teams with very different styles--coming down to Salem.

7) Eastside (0-11-0). Still improving--losing by two goal margins rather than by six goal margins. Sooner or later they will knock someone off. Next chance is against BSC in Tigard this weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X