X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need to read more history.

And the scotus only agreed with that on, what, 2008? A Republican SCOTUS bought and paid for and accustomed to free multi-thousand dollar vacations and gifts from NRA and similar lobbyists. Look at SCOTUS precedent before that.
    no i dont read madison and the federalist papers
    there are plenty of sources where the founders wrote about their intentions

Comment

Ahh, so another stupid Republican talking point "we can't have laws, because they don't work."

Well, except for marijuana, right? You like those laws. Or, immigration. We need more of those laws. Imagine, if Lawn Darts killed just one person, and the government outlawed them, then there'd continue to be Lawn Darts deaths, right? Oxycontin, we're looking to make laws about that, aren't we, to limit the supply.

That is, if laws don't work because criminals don't follow them, then why have any laws at all, for anything?

So, stop repeating a mantra from your overlords that you haven't thought about because you don't understand "thinking."

The other Republican "talking point," that would make no sense if Republican snowflake sheep could think for themselves, is this idea of state and local laws. If guns are easy to get in Arizona, Virginia, Texas, and Florida, and difficult to get in Chicago, guess where the bad guys go to buy their guns?

No state has border controls. There is no "Chicago border security" staffing "Access points" to the city like a border with Mexico, Canada, or, from here, France. The borders are open. So, local deaths are caused by lax and loose laws elsewhere. That's why in 1994 there was what we call a "federal" ban on assault weapons. See the word, "federal." Look it up. Essentially, it means someone in Chicago can't go to Florida and get easy access to a semiautomatic rifle, like the AR.

So, a reasonable ban on types of weapons would be "federal." It should cover semi autos and mags with 9 rounds. Start there. In 5 years, watch the mass shootings decline in number.

I know, your head is spinning, you can't think, because you weren't told to by Fox News, but here's why the mass shootings go down:

If the 1994 assault weapon ban had remained in effect, where do you think an 18 year old Florida guy, and remember, before the killing he was a "good guy with guns," would get his hands on an AR 15 for $1500. If he could at all find such a weapon, it would be black market. How much do you think it would cost there and which criminal would have risked exposure to sell it to such a customer?

Well, really, how do we know that will work? Well, other countries have mental illness, the same as us, have the same movies and video games, and they don't suffer the mass shootings with the frequency we do. Guess what they got rid of? I know, your head hurts, they got rid of the semiautomatic weapons with the big clips.

Now quit drooling on your shoes and go back to Fox News for more talking points.
      laws like locks are for honest people- and most people are honest-
      Crminals are not honest and dont follow the law thats why there are penalties (ie jail time) if laws were enough you wouldnt need the penalty box

Comment

You think Canada is that different from the United States. That’s not what I see
        sure I do
        and so do the canadians and canadiens-

Comment

No. That's the opposite of the vision our founding fathers had. Our founding fathers wanted well regulated militia, regulated by state government, not a bunch of whack-job residents with sidearms. They feared an armed populace.
          Snowflakes have reading comprehension issues. That’s ok SCOTUS takes care of that for you.

Comment

Snowflakes have reading comprehension issues. That’s ok SCOTUS takes care of that for you.
            They certainly feared segments of the population but thats exactly who they relied on to protect the govt
            Every white male between 18-45 was required to own a musket

Comment

Ahh, so another stupid Republican talking point "we can't have laws, because they don't work."

Well, except for marijuana, right? You like those laws. Or, immigration. We need more of those laws. Imagine, if Lawn Darts killed just one person, and the government outlawed them, then there'd continue to be Lawn Darts deaths, right? Oxycontin, we're looking to make laws about that, aren't we, to limit the supply.

That is, if laws don't work because criminals don't follow them, then why have any laws at all, for anything?

So, stop repeating a mantra from your overlords that you haven't thought about because you don't understand "thinking."

The other Republican "talking point," that would make no sense if Republican snowflake sheep could think for themselves, is this idea of state and local laws. If guns are easy to get in Arizona, Virginia, Texas, and Florida, and difficult to get in Chicago, guess where the bad guys go to buy their guns?

No state has border controls. There is no "Chicago border security" staffing "Access points" to the city like a border with Mexico, Canada, or, from here, France. The borders are open. So, local deaths are caused by lax and loose laws elsewhere. That's why in 1994 there was what we call a "federal" ban on assault weapons. See the word, "federal." Look it up. Essentially, it means someone in Chicago can't go to Florida and get easy access to a semiautomatic rifle, like the AR.

So, a reasonable ban on types of weapons would be "federal." It should cover semi autos and mags with 9 rounds. Start there. In 5 years, watch the mass shootings decline in number.

I know, your head is spinning, you can't think, because you weren't told to by Fox News, but here's why the mass shootings go down:

If the 1994 assault weapon ban had remained in effect, where do you think an 18 year old Florida guy, and remember, before the killing he was a "good guy with guns," would get his hands on an AR 15 for $1500. If he could at all find such a weapon, it would be black market. How much do you think it would cost there and which criminal would have risked exposure to sell it to such a customer?

Well, really, how do we know that will work? Well, other countries have mental illness, the same as us, have the same movies and video games, and they don't suffer the mass shootings with the frequency we do. Guess what they got rid of? I know, your head hurts, they got rid of the semiautomatic weapons with the big clips.

Now quit drooling on your shoes and go back to Fox News for more talking points.
              Your all wet
              Republicans arent clammoring for more laws
              Just enforce the ones we already have and make the penalties stiffer

See how simple that is

Comment

They certainly feared segments of the population but thats exactly who they relied on to protect the govt
                Every white male between 18-45 was required to own a musket
                That's right a musket. The right to bear arms never included Assault Rifles

Comment

That’s your argument? Do you think maybe it didn’t include them, since they didn’t exist? I assume you’re perfectly fine with the right to bear arms including shotguns, glocks, .38’s, .45’s, etc. Or do you take exception to those as well?

Comment

A quick video that says it all https://youtu.be/LORVfnFtcH0

Comment

That’s your argument? Do you think maybe it didn’t include them, since they didn’t exist? I assume you’re perfectly fine with the right to bear arms including shotguns, glocks, .38’s, .45’s, etc. Or do you take exception to those as well?
                      Just no semi automatic or high capacity ammo.

You can buy a variety cars but you cannot buy a tank.

Let's get some common sense laws in place.

Comment

Just no semi automatic or high capacity ammo.

You can buy a variety cars but you cannot buy a tank.

Let's get some common sense laws in place.
                        My neighbor has a machine gun mounted to an army jeep. I need a tank in case he attacks me. Who will protect me, if I can't protect myself?
                        You snowflakes make no sense.

MAGA

Comment

Yes, you can buy a tank.

Comment

My neighbor has a machine gun mounted to an army jeep. I need a tank in case he attacks me. Who will protect me, if I can't protect myself?
                            You snowflakes make no sense.

MAGA
                            He can't have a machine gun and you can't have a tank. So sorry You will be fine

Comment

Yes, you can buy a tank.
                              Deer hunting with a tank is sick. That is insane. That needs to be added to the banned legislation

Comment

He can't have a machine gun and you can't have a tank. So sorry You will be fine
                                But he already has the machine gun. So does the crazy guy around the corner. People say the volunteer fireman on the block has a blackhawk.
                                I need the tank.

MAGA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X