X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then they should open it up to Florida GDA teams like Boca and WFF.
    It was open...Entrepreneurs decided to open up leagues to compete with Fysa. It is the American way. It was an all inclusive tournament where no one could hide. ECNL and DA are money makers franchises that play within. Big busines.FYSA same thing but they were the original. A true Earn your way in format in which there were no exceptions. Based on merit and performance to find out who the best team in any given State was. DA and ECNL broke away from them and and further divided the talent into 3 different avenues instead of 1. They also do not require you to be good. you just need to be able to field a team. All the Clubs teams are in regardless of quality. Basically American greed and da passion watered down the talent across 3 options. Soon there will be a fourth and fifth. Good thing is there will be more A teams for our little Mias to make...Moral of the story is DA and ECNL teams are scared

Comment

Sunrise.

Every age group.

We will dominate.

Comment

Sunrise.

Every age group.

We will dominate.
        Doubtful they will sweep, but will take a few age groups. Will be interesting this year to see how there rosters have changed with Weston in the mix.

Comment

This is a rec tournament.
          Unless the players are now getting paid, ENCL and DA tournaments/showcases are rec as well.

Comment

Unless the players are now getting paid, ENCL and DA tournaments/showcases are rec as well.
            It’s all they can do is put down what they know is superior.

Comment

When is the roster freeze

Comment

we are hedging our bets. Daughter is primary rostered on 3 different teams...

Comment

It’s all they can do is put down what they know is superior.
                  Please define superior. Is it that all girls playing ecnl and DA are superior to state cup players? Are all teams in DA and ecnl superior to all state cup teams? You may find this a shocker but not every area in FL has access to either. So the best players in that region play club.

Comment

Please define superior. Is it that all girls playing ecnl and DA are superior to state cup players? Are all teams in DA and ecnl superior to all state cup teams? You may find this a shocker but not every area in FL has access to either. So the best players in that region play club.
                    Some of the best players for that region also play ecnl as DP’s- but are dual rostered.

Comment

Gda is a disaster in south florida. Ecnl not much better. Diluted product and maybe just not enough quality girls to fill any one team. I wouldn't worry about it if you are in another part of the State

Comment

Gda is a disaster in south florida. Ecnl not much better. Diluted product and maybe just not enough quality girls to fill any one team. I wouldn't worry about it if you are in another part of the State
                        I used to but somehow my daughter still landed a scholarship with a high quality d-1 playing “only” club.

Comment

I used to but somehow my daughter still landed a scholarship with a high quality d-1 playing “only” club.

Ummm. Ok, if you say so.

Comment

I think the guy meant Alabama state cup not Florida. Heck a low level 06 girls team from FL could win the 02 girls state cup in Alabama.
                            Thank you. Glad somebody was paying attention.

Comment

Ummm. Ok, if you say so.
                              Yes I do. Always amazed at the level of hatred for non ecnl and DA players. My daughter didn’t have it as an option so we made the best of ODP ( when it was better ) good personal training and playing at the highest level she could. Coaches recruit talent not the badge you wear or the league you play in. Does it help- hell yes. You get 400 coaches watching and we get maybe 40 with half being d-3.

She is one of 3 in her age group committed in our area so far. Won’t be many more but again- if you are good coaches will take notice.

Comment

Yes I do. Always amazed at the level of hatred for non ecnl and DA players. My daughter didn’t have it as an option so we made the best of ODP ( when it was better ) good personal training and playing at the highest level she could. Coaches recruit talent not the badge you wear or the league you play in. Does it help- hell yes. You get 400 coaches watching and we get maybe 40 with half being d-3.

She is one of 3 in her age group committed in our area so far. Won’t be many more but again- if you are good coaches will take notice.
                                The hate for non CA and ECNL players is ridiculous. ECNL and DA are not the ONLY way to get a scholarship. Yes...they provided more exposure thus more opportunities but several "smaller" clubs are doing the same thing. If you have a good coach and good DOC at your club the opportunities are there as well.

One club in Pinellas county is a "small" club buy each of the past 3-4 years several girls have gotten scholarships at various levels (D1, D1, D3, and NAIA).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X