Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you should go to a DA practice before you make a dumb statement like that. yes, a lot of kids migrate there. but if you think some 07 kid that comes from coral springs, or some 08 kid that comes from key biscayne is already developed, then you sir, are retarded.

regards,

Weston Da Parent that came from somewhere else, and is very happy with his sons training
    It's the part where you have to tell everyone you are a weston DA parent.... thats the part that lets me know.

Comment

lets you know that i am happy with the training my son is receiving. im clarifying it, because i cant speak of our premier side, only the DA side.

if your kid is good, he should play DA, everything else, i dont care or want to care about.

weston DA parent

Comment

lets you know that i am happy with the training my son is receiving. im clarifying it, because i cant speak of our premier side, only the DA side.

if your kid is good, he should play DA, everything else, i dont care or want to care about.

weston DA parent
        Must be another uninformed parent. U12 and under is not DA, it goes away next year... A little behind. PA is not DA. Facts! What you are is another parent paying $$$$ for playing time.. Most likely by U13 you will be able to speak as will be in Premier!

Comment

It's the part where you have to tell everyone you are a weston DA parent.... thats the part that lets me know.
          Welcome to Weston FC. Wait another year and then tell us. Keep paying those fees, by the way most of your coaches are leaving somewhere better after this season, also if your not aware of that either!

Comment

weston DA parent
            i can tell you most of the DA kids that come from other clubs are very happy with the training and the kids improve significantly. does that mean that weston "develops" the kids? i don't know. who develops a kid? the coach that throws out cones and teaches a kid how to dribble ? or the coach that teaches a kid how to make a run to break lines, or which options to play from a specific position? at weston DA you get the latter. some parents get there and don't see the typical private training set up and think the training is sub par. it's not a place to train technical. it is a place to learn how to play the game at a higher level. BOTH coaches ultimately develop a kid, but by the time a kid is 12 or 13, they presumably are already decent technically and need the more tactically oriented approach.

Comment

i can tell you most of the DA kids that come from other clubs are very happy with the training and the kids improve significantly. does that mean that weston "develops" the kids? i don't know. who develops a kid? the coach that throws out cones and teaches a kid how to dribble ? or the coach that teaches a kid how to make a run to break lines, or which options to play from a specific position? at weston DA you get the latter. some parents get there and don't see the typical private training set up and think the training is sub par. it's not a place to train technical. it is a place to learn how to play the game at a higher level. BOTH coaches ultimately develop a kid, but by the time a kid is 12 or 13, they presumably are already decent technically and need the more tactically oriented approach.
              Look at the team approach since U8 inception and to now, where is the continuous development like you call it, next season when you dont see 3-5 faces ask yourself the same question and remarks as you are saying now. Many great players have gone there, yet those same have left with disappointments. Not what everyone thinks. Why now we are in Georgia, soccer is way better here. South Florida has a long road ahead to even compete or come close to the other powerhouses in Texas and California.

You are right they to teach TACTICAL, a little to much why kids are more robots than players. Then again when was the last time a national call up came from Weston.

Weston parents are oblivious! they will always be just that!

Comment

Look at the team approach since U8 inception and to now, where is the continuous development like you call it, next season when you dont see 3-5 faces ask yourself the same question and remarks as you are saying now. Many great players have gone there, yet those same have left with disappointments. Not what everyone thinks. Why now we are in Georgia, soccer is way better here. South Florida has a long road ahead to even compete or come close to the other powerhouses in Texas and California.

You are right they to teach TACTICAL, a little to much why kids are more robots than players. Then again when was the last time a national call up came from Weston.

Weston parents are oblivious! they will always be just that!
                you act like you are telling me something i don't know. yes, i know, if my kid wants to play in a professional league, weston is not the final stop. all weston parents know this. it's not some breaking news. you aren't blowing my mind by telling me 5-7 faces will be absent next year. good for them. i want them to succeed. you aren't telling me something i don't know by saying MLS DA is a better path to NT exposure. it most certainly is. Most weston parents are in it for college exposure. if anything else develops, great. if not, also great. academics come first. so, save your NT exposure b/s for another parent, I am fine with a top DA program that gets my kid D1 college exposure, which it does. that's the goal. it will not happen at the local club your are associated with.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X