Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents sideline....is there an unwritten rule?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents sideline....is there an unwritten rule?

I witnessed a verbal altercation this weekend before the game started. From what I gather, one team parent was upset with an opposing team parent for sitting on the wrong side of the field. The upset parent wanted the other parent to move to the other side of midfield because one side of the field was theirs. The angry parent was yelling and getting in the other parents face. The whole ordeal was so dramatic, that the kids on the field stopped warming up to watch this fat parent scream his head off.

Am I wrong about this or isn’t parent sidelines general admission. You can sit anywhere you want.
    There is no rule that says one team one team takes one side and the other team takes the opposing side.

What say you?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I witnessed a verbal altercation this weekend before the game started. From what I gather, one team parent was upset with an opposing team parent for sitting on the wrong side of the field. The upset parent wanted the other parent to move to the other side of midfield because one side of the field was theirs. The angry parent was yelling and getting in the other parents face. The whole ordeal was so dramatic, that the kids on the field stopped warming up to watch this fat parent scream his head off.

Am I wrong about this or isn’t parent sidelines general admission. You can sit anywhere you want.
    There is no rule that says one team one team takes one side and the other team takes the opposing side.

What say you?
    I always thought there was an unwritten rule, but unless it’s written, you can’t enforce it. I remember being a team manager and upon checking my team in, there was one tournament that actually had it as a rule to prevent these things.

Comment

What say you?
      I say...get a life

Comment

What say you?
        I don't know about all events but it is in the rules for state cup. 10.B

10. Control of Sidelines
        A. Players, managers, coaches, and fans are expected to conduct themselves within the letter and spirit of The
        Laws of the Game. The Site Directors shall have the authority and responsibility to remove any person(s) from
        the tournament for abuses of good conduct without warning; in addition to the rules of good manners, these
        rules will apply in this competition: The Site Director will designate one sideline for the sole use of the players
        and coaches. (One team occupying one side of midfield and the other the other side).
        B. The Site Director will designate a specified team area and spectator area. Teams will sit on the opposite side
        of the field as the spectators. Spectators are to remain on the half of the pitch directly across from their own
        team’s bench.
        C. A restraining line may be drawn two (2) yards from the side touchline and all sideline viewers must remain
        outside of that line.
        D. Coaches will be accountable for behavior of their fans and may be ejected for non-compliance.
        E. All Coaches are required to remain within their technical area, and should remain seated on their respective
        benches (if provided), except to give tactical instructions, or to make substitutions. The use of cell phones from
        the bench sidelines is prohibited. Violators are subject to dismissal from the match.
        F. Artificial noisemakers are NOT permitted during any rounds of State Cup. Violators are subject to dismi

Comment

It's a rule for ECNL too for parents to sit across from their team's bench.

Comment

2005 lakeland tropics futbol 05 girls

What say you?
            You must of had to enjoyment of playing the 2005 LAKELAND TROPICS FUTBOL 05 GIRLS ELITE (http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?TeamID=817734).

They are always spend all over the sideline, from top of box to top of box. Leaving very little room for the other team to even sit and enjoy the game. There are parents of this team (Fat latino guy and friends) that actually say out loud to hurt the other team. "Smash her face in" or Kick the Sh!t out of her next time". Not all of the parents are that way, some move away from the Fat latino guy and friends group because they can not stand the way these animals talk.

Lakeland DOC, Lakeland BOD, and FYSA need to take action!!!!

Comment

It's a rule for FSPLfor parents to sit across from their team's bench.

Rule 309.3 https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...19%20Final.pdf

Comment

It's a rule for FSPLfor parents to sit across from their team's bench.

Rule 309.3 https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...19%20Final.pdf
                309.3 - All spectators will be located on the opposite side of the field from their team.

Is this the rule you are talking about? If so, all it says is that spectators need to be on the other side of the field from the players. That's a standard rule.
                It doesn't say spectators supporting one team need to side opposite of their bench.

Comment

Lakeland SUCKS!!!!!

You must of had to enjoyment of playing the 2005 LAKELAND TROPICS FUTBOL 05 GIRLS ELITE (http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?TeamID=817734).

They are always spend all over the sideline, from top of box to top of box. Leaving very little room for the other team to even sit and enjoy the game. There are parents of this team (Fat latino guy and friends) that actually say out loud to hurt the other team. "Smash her face in" or Kick the Sh!t out of her next time". Not all of the parents are that way, some move away from the Fat latino guy and friends group because they can not stand the way these animals talk.

I have not witnessed this "Fat latino guy" myself, but some of our moms have. I bet if a man sat next to the "Fat latino guy" it would only take one time for the "Fat latino guy" to say something like the above before that father of the girl the "Fat latino guy" is saying to hurt gets his A S S kicked!!!

Hey, "Fat latino guy and friends"... Trump is your President!!!!

Lakeland SUCKS!!!!!

Comment

Geezzz with that record...all them parents should stay home and maybe do some exercise!!!

Comment

Chiming in from another state: it's not a rule of any kind where we're from. Sometimes at tournaments or regional games you folk get all pissy about it with our parents.

Is this what youth sports has come to - having to regulate where parents sit?

Comment

Chiming in from another state: it's not a rule of any kind where we're from. Sometimes at tournaments or regional games you folk get all pissy about it with our parents.

Is this what youth sports has come to - having to regulate where parents sit?
                        Ridiculous

Comment

I don't see it as an issue, I have had some really nice conversations with parents from other clubs.

Comment

What say you?
                            I think the area about 15 or 20 yards left or right of the center line might be in question. That being parents from both sides should share the midfield portion. I personally don't care and watch the game where I can find the most shade and quiet.

Comment

Does anyone actually know who all the parents on the team even are? I think I met a parent recently whose kid has been on the team for two years!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X