Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you to both responses to my question about the GK's and us thinking of relocating. Our son is of good size,5'5 120lbs right now, his feet are good but we also know they could be better. He currently plays ECNL at our club here home in NC and split time with another GK and we are looking to go to a club that allows more playing time and no split time playing for the GK's.
    Most youth teams with multiple keepers split time if they are similar in skills. Dont let that be a deterrent.

Comment

Oc da u14

Both keepers are ok but both are tremendously undersized to play this position. If your son is bigger in stature and can play with his feet you should consider it.
      Thank you, everyone, for the help, we did get in contact with them and have an ID session the first week of January. They were very clear that they do keep two GK's on the roster and rotate playing time, someone had alluded that was normal. With my job relocating me to Orlando we are going to give it a try. Thanks again to everyone for the answers and help.

Comment

Thank you to both responses to my question about the GK's and us thinking of relocating. Our son is of good size,5'5 120lbs right now, his feet are good but we also know they could be better. He currently plays ECNL at our club here home in NC and split time with another GK and we are looking to go to a club that allows more playing time and no split time playing for the GK's.
        If DA does not work out.
        Make sure especially if going ECNL that you get a hold of both OC and FKK. Do not limit yourself to looking at just one club. We were at OC last year and went the FKK route because some of our sons friends moved to FKK and was impressed with the commitment to ECNL development.

Comment

Oc da u14

If DA does not work out.
          Make sure especially if going ECNL that you get a hold of both OC and FKK. Do not limit yourself to looking at just one club. We were at OC last year and went the FKK route because some of our sons friends moved to FKK and was impressed with the commitment to ECNL development.
          Thank you very much, we will look into them if DA does not work out. We are hopeful he earns a spot if one is open, they mentioned one GK might be moving up an age group so we have our fingers crossed. Thank you again.

Comment

Thank you very much, we will look into them if DA does not work out. We are hopeful he earns a spot if one is open, they mentioned one GK might be moving up an age group so we have our fingers crossed. Thank you again.
            Too bad OC doesn’t play Weston anymore so your kid could get 5 goals on him. My son is better than those two keepers and probably better than your son too.

Comment

04 team has 2 keepers also so highly doubtful any 05 keeper will be moving up in January.

Comment

Too bad OC doesn’t play Weston anymore so your kid could get 5 goals on him. My son is better than those two keepers and probably better than your son too.
                I have seen your son play he was tremendous in the rev league and would get destroyed at da.

Comment

I have seen your son play he was tremendous in the rev league and would get destroyed at da.
                  It's funny how some parents truly believe their kids is way better then the next. DA is a whole different ball game then your run of the mill rec.

Comment

Oc da u14

04 team has 2 keepers also so highly doubtful any 05 keeper will be moving up in January.
                    I am sorry about my post, I mistakenly thought when they told us we had the ID and that one of the GK's was possibly moving I just assumed up in age but I do not know that to be fact and they did not say that directly either. Once again I am sorry I did not think that through better and I should not had jumped to that conclusion.

Comment

you need to get a grip, one of those OC DA U14 keepers was scouted for the US National team tryouts a couple weeks ago.

Comment

this team is doing better. Less younger players and they have brought in better players to replace the injured ones. the solid CB is back and the other injured kids won't make a difference, the new kids they are bringing in are better then them.

Comment

you need to get a grip, one of those OC DA U14 keepers was scouted for the US National team tryouts a couple weeks ago.
                          That is the problem with our USMNT. They are missing out on kids like my son because of the old boys club

Comment

Oc da u14

Where do you go for those tryouts? My son is a 05 goalie and we do not see or get information emailed to us when they are in the area for those tryouts. He has played club and started for his middle school team.

Comment

Where do you go for those tryouts? My son is a 05 goalie and we do not see or get information emailed to us when they are in the area for those tryouts. He has played club and started for his middle school team.
                              Sir, he is qualified your son is awesome! Orlando city pro team needs a goalie you should call them

Comment

this team is doing better. Less younger players and they have brought in better players to replace the injured ones. the solid CB is back and the other injured kids won't make a difference, the new kids they are bringing in are better then them.
                                What new kids are they bringing in? Where do these highly talented kids come from? Surely you arent referring to the Ecnl talent pool they keep pulling kids from?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X