Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If only the league would just come out and make some changes that the people want rather than sticking their heads in the sand and doubling down on the stances that have made it impossible to get the league traction.

Let the girls play HS ball and run training centers in fall for the ones who don't want to. Then run a regular schedule after HS finishes. This way you avoid having kids asking for exemptions or sneaking and you also avoid players being bumped by part timers who show up after HS finishes. Give rosters some stability and the coaches the chance to develop the talent without constant upheaval.
    why? kids who want HS should just play in a league that allows it. Problem is USSF is realizing that parents of mediocre kids actually run the show. Why? because there are more of them than any other type. and club soccer is all about money.

it a classic bell curve. there are a few elite players, a lot of average ones and a few bad ones. they al pay the same amount and a re therefore equally attractive to any club. Sure you want to win but you want to make money first.

All club soccer leagues eventually trend to average. Play HS, not take practice that seriously, medals for all and then arguing about who is the tallest dwarf in the circus.

Elite players dont want any part of that.

Comment

why? kids who want HS should just play in a league that allows it. Problem is USSF is realizing that parents of mediocre kids actually run the show. Why? because there are more of them than any other type. and club soccer is all about money.

it a classic bell curve. there are a few elite players, a lot of average ones and a few bad ones. they al pay the same amount and a re therefore equally attractive to any club. Sure you want to win but you want to make money first.

All club soccer leagues eventually trend to average. Play HS, not take practice that seriously, medals for all and then arguing about who is the tallest dwarf in the circus.

Elite players dont want any part of that.
      It's possible for an elite player to have school spirit.

Comment

USSF grossly over estimated the number of talented players who wanted DA. They grossly underestimated how many average players were desperate for anything that might give them a leg up with recruiting

Comment

USSF grossly over estimated the number of talented players who wanted DA. They grossly underestimated how many average players were desperate for anything that might give them a leg up with recruiting
          Look at your club and tell me how many elite players you have. I’ll go first NYCFC GDA
          2001/00. 2
          2003/02. 2
          2004. 1
          2005. 0

Cant even field a team. Who is honest enough to go next?

Comment

Look at your club and tell me how many elite players you have. I’ll go first NYCFC GDA
            2001/00. 2
            2003/02. 2
            2004. 1
            2005. 0

No one is claiming gda is full of elite players. What is your point? It's a big soccer league with some strong, some weak, and a big price tag. There is another league just like it. So? Choose one and play. It is youth soccer.

Comment

2001/00. 2
              2003/02. 2
              2004. 1
              2005. 0

You are out of your mind. 05 whatever. Maybe they have 1 in the making and we know who she is or I hope you know. But you are not off the mark entirely. 04 has at least a 2-3. Saying they have 1 is a joke. The two goalies alone...then at least two field players. I would even say 3. 02/03 at least 3. Who cares about 00/01 but yeah I would say the 2 at psu is fair.

Comment

2001/00. 2
                2003/02. 2
                2004. 1
                2005. 0

That is generous. Really looking at pro potential...there is maybe one in the club. Maybe.

Comment

2001/00. 2
                  2003/02. 2
                  2004. 1
                  2005. 0

Who is honest enough to admit they are clueless? 02/03 has 4. 04 has at least 4 as well and maybe 5. You are a baboon.

Comment

Listen you chronic wankers, here is the true assessment:

NYCFC GDA
                    2001/00. 6
                    2003/02. 12
                    2004. 7
                    2005. 5

Y’all just little jealous bitches

Comment

You are out of your mind. 05 whatever. Maybe they have 1 in the making and we know who she is or I hope you know. But you are not off the mark entirely. 04 has at least a 2-3. Saying they have 1 is a joke. The two goalies alone...then at least two field players. I would even say 3. 02/03 at least 3. Who cares about 00/01 but yeah I would say the 2 at psu is fair.
                      The numbers were pretty spot on to be honest. The 02!03 group might have 3.. I agree.. yhey do have a girl coming back from an injury. The 04’s I would say 2. Not for both goalies though. There is a field player who is doing well, I will say that one 06 player should be listed as well. But I am generous

Comment

The numbers were pretty spot on to be honest. The 02!03 group might have 3.. I agree.. yhey do have a girl coming back from an injury. The 04’s I would say 2. Not for both goalies though. There is a field player who is doing well, I will say that one 06 player should be listed as well. But I am generous
                        You’re not generous, you’re a dick face

Comment

Holy soccer parents from hell. What lucky team will get this delightful group next year. Best of luck.

Comment

No one is claiming gda is full of elite players. What is your point? It's a big soccer league with some strong, some weak, and a big price tag. There is another league just like it. So? Choose one and play. It is youth soccer.
                            Point being USSF blew it with the size and scale of the league they chose to build. They assumed it would be a cake walk, like with BDA. But BDA didn't have ECNL to compete with and has MLS support and a pro path that some players care about. They also underestimated the importance of HS soccer to girls and how hard it would be to compete against another league that allowed it. There were many other ways they could have gone

- started with U12-U15 teams rather than going for the jugular of ECNL HS ages. Train those players they way the wanted, built it when HS play isn't a factor, prove itself then expand into older teams as the initial players age up

- gone much smaller. Yes absolutely travel would be worse. But they could have done what they're finally doing now which is allow more non DA competition so that team had the ability to schedule plenty of local games.

- started with just one ore two regions and build up demand from there. Again, prove itself in a focused manner then expand.

- put more money into it to assist with a more substantive number of scholarships and/or reduced fees. At most GDA clubs it's not much less than ECNL and the cost differential won't make a big difference to majority of soccer families that can afford either option

- oh and let's not forget they could have started this 8-10 years ago when BDA was rolled out or shortly after. They left the door open for ECNL to establish itself. Now it's like an army at the base of hill trying to fight another one entrenched at the top.

All of the above required patience and a long term plan. USSF wanted it to happen overnight. They also wanted ECNL gone and gone quickly. So they went for market share instead of quality.

Comment

Point being USSF blew it with the size and scale of the league they chose to build. They assumed it would be a cake walk, like with BDA. But BDA didn't have ECNL to compete with and has MLS support and a pro path that some players care about. They also underestimated the importance of HS soccer to girls and how hard it would be to compete against another league that allowed it. There were many other ways they could have gone

- started with U12-U15 teams rather than going for the jugular of ECNL HS ages. Train those players they way the wanted, built it when HS play isn't a factor, prove itself then expand into older teams as the initial players age up

- gone much smaller. Yes absolutely travel would be worse. But they could have done what they're finally doing now which is allow more non DA competition so that team had the ability to schedule plenty of local games.

- started with just one ore two regions and build up demand from there. Again, prove itself in a focused manner then expand.

- put more money into it to assist with a more substantive number of scholarships and/or reduced fees. At most GDA clubs it's not much less than ECNL and the cost differential won't make a big difference to majority of soccer families that can afford either option

- oh and let's not forget they could have started this 8-10 years ago when BDA was rolled out or shortly after. They left the door open for ECNL to establish itself. Now it's like an army at the base of hill trying to fight another one entrenched at the top.

All of the above required patience and a long term plan. USSF wanted it to happen overnight. They also wanted ECNL gone and gone quickly. So they went for market share instead of quality.
                              Agree 100%. What they didn’t also foresee is the unhappiness with the MLS clubs on the boys side. This is now their priority. Girls side will take another back seat while they try to patch the boys side together. This is also a potentially huge opening for the boys ECNL.

Comment

They were arrogant and now get what they deserve. The result, they screwed over a generation of girls soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X