X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesuit Girls #1 in the Country

http://espn.go.com/high-school-sports/rise/soccer/

I don't know how to post links so you can copy and paste it if ya wanna take a peak for yourself. SV - gives a heads up about the team.

Originally posted by Shu's Daddy View Post
    http://espn.go.com/high-school-sports/rise/soccer/

I don't know how to post links so you can copy and paste it if ya wanna take a peak for yourself. SV - gives a heads up about the team.
    rankings are through matches played as of Sunday, Sept. 20)

Week 4
    Rank School Record Prev. Rank Notes/Comments
    1 Jesuit (Portland, OR) 3-0 1 Sarah Bridges had two goals and three assists last week as Jesuit posted a pair of easy victories. Emily Fellows added a pair of goals. Jesuit faces Westview on Thursday in a match with the state's No. 1 ranking on the line.

2 Downingtown West (Downingtown, PA) 5-0 2 Morgan Dankanich and Lauren Wilson each scored as Downingtown West defeated Boyertown 2-0 last week to remain perfect. Downingtown West faces Conestoga on Saturday for a clash of Pennsylvania powers.

3 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, MD) 7-0 3 Spalding, the defending IAAM champion, will get its first real league test of the season when it faces McDonogh this week. The winner will remain a Top 10 team, the loser will fall in the rankings.

4 Immaculate Heart Academy (Township of Washington, NJ) 4-0 4 IHA enters this week's state rankings as No. 1, but a Monday loss will change that next week. For now, however, IHA has cracked the FAB 50 Top 5.

5 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, MD) 5-0 8 McDonogh's match Friday against Spalding will result in the winner being a Top 5 team. The Eagles won two matches last week by a combined 10-0 margin.

6 Conestoga (Berwyn, PA) 4-0 11 Conestoga is averaging more than four goals per match. This week, the team is scheduled for three contests capped with a showdown against Downingtown West. Conestoga is the state coaches No. 1 with Downingtown West No. 2. ESPN RISE has Downingtown West No. 1 and Conestoga No. 2.

7 Sandia (Albuquerque, NM) 9-0 9 Savannah Whitaker has scored 12 goals to lead an otherwise balanced scoring attack. Sandia won twice last week, 4-1 over St. Pius and 4-0 over Hobbs, and in each match the team had four different goal scorers.

8 Woodbury (Woodbury, MN) 9-0-1 15 Woodbury made a statement with its eighth straight win, a 6-0 victory against state-ranked Bloomington Jefferson.

9 Bethlehem Central (Delmar, NY) 5-0 20 Losses by other top New York programs leaves Bethlehem in the top spot for now, but a long season awaits.

10 Washington Township (Sewell, NJ) 3-0 23 Washington remains a question mark and are ranked high merely based on a perfect start. However, any questions will be answered this week when it faces Lenape.

11 Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, KY) 11-0-1 12 Sacred Heart looks like it will roll through Kentucky, which will mean its late-season match with St. Ursula (Ohio) will factor big in the national rankings. This past weekend, Sacred Heart defeated Assumption 3-0 to claim the Lady Knights Challenge title.

12 Strongsville (Strongsville, OH) 7-1-1 18 It has been long figured that Ohio soccer was among the best in the nation, and thanks to Strongsville that could be stated more as fact. Strongsville defeated New York's defending state champion at the Hall of Fame tournament in New York last weekend as part of a two-match sweep.

13 Pennington Prep (Pennington, NJ) 2-1-1 13 After a loss to McDonogh (Md.) and a tie with Sacred Heart (Ky.), Pennington has recovered with two wins. Last week, the team shutout Montclair, whose forward has committed to North Carolina, and Peddie School.

14 Paul VI (Haddonfield, NJ) 3-0 NR Star-Ledger reporter Gregg Lerner wrote that Paul VI might be a team to watch this year and they proved him accurate with a stunning 1-0 victory over Lenape, ending Lenape's 36-match win streak. Carla Chmielewski scored the lone goal.

15 Massapequa (Massapequa, NY) 3-0 43 Massapequa's perfect start allows it to climb in the FAB 50, but future matches with the likes of South Side will determine this team's fair place.

16 Walsh Jesuit (Stow, OH) 8-0-1 19 Sandra Yu, a freshman, scored the first goal and final goal as Walsh Jesuit defeated former state power Dublin Coffman 4-1.

17 Maria Carrillo (Santa Rosa, CA) 6-1 41 OK, so Montgomery twice defeated Casa Grande and Casa Grande beat Maria Carillo. That would mean Montgomery should defeat Maria Carrillo! But not so fast, Maria Carillo won last week throwing the California teams into a slight ranking mess. Maria Carrillo gets the nod for now since it most recently won a marquee match-up.

18 Montgomery (Santa Rosa, CA) 9-1 7 Montgomery lost to Maria Carrillo 1-0 last week, but then pinned a 7-0 loss on Piner.
    19 Zionsville Community (Zionsville, IN) 8-1-3 16 Zionsville is becoming difficult to figure out. The team remains undefeated in Indiana, but a pair of draws last week forces it down a few spots in the FAB 50.
    20 Reitz Memorial (Evansville, IN) 10-2 17 Reitz Memorial won its only match last week. To date, the team's losses are to FAB 50-ranked Sacred Heart (Ky.) and Zionsville.
    21 William Mason (Mason, OH) 5-0 26 Kristin Leist and Megan Frye scored as Mason ran its record to 5-0 with a 2-0 victory over Turpin. Mason's perfect start, buoyed by a victory over two-time defending state champ St. Ursula, has earned Mason a Top 25 ranking.
    22 Saint Ursula (Cincinnati, OH) 7-1 27 St. Ursula has rebounded from a season-opening loss to Mason with seven straight victories.
    23 Villa Joseph Marie (Holland, PA) 6-0 21 Villa Joseph Marie has slowly climbed the FAB 50 and settles in this week near the bottom of the Top 25. Its future matches against the state's large school powers will determine its fair ranking.
    24 Brentwood (Brentwood, TN) 7-0 22 Brentwood's perfect start has earned in a Top 25 ranking, but the real challenges remain later in the season. Brentwood faces undefeated Hendersonville and then must survive a playoff bracket that includes the likes of undefeated Germantown Houston and perennial title challenger Bearden.
    25 Carmel (Carmel, IN) 9-1 25 Carmel is the state's No. 1-ranked team by the coaches, but until the Greyhounds knock off Zionsville or Reitz Memorial, it will remain No. 3 among a strong contingent of Indiana programs.
    26 Framingham (Framingham, MA) 1-0 24
    27 Lenape (Medford, NJ) 2-1 6
    28 Acton-Boxborough Reg. (Acton, MA) 4-0 28
    29 Centerville (Centerville, OH) 9-0 46
    30 Baylor School (Chattanooga, TN) 8-0 35
    31 East Brunswick High (East Brunswick, NJ) 4-0 NR
    32 South Side (Rockville Centre, NY) 1-0-1 30
    33 John Jay (Hopewell Junction, NY) 5-1 NR
    34 Everett (Everett, WA) 3-0 34
    35 Westview (Portland, OR) 5-0 38
    36 Casa Grande (Petaluma, CA) 5-2 40
    37 Alta (Sandy, UT) 9-2 42
    38 Sacred Heart (Yonkers, NY) 2-0 45
    39 Medina Senior (Medina, OH) 5-1-1 31
    40 Lakota West (West Chester, OH) 7-0-2 48
    41 La Salle Academy (Providence, RI) 6-0 47
    42 Moon (Coraopolis, PA) 5-0-1 49
    43 Hendersonville (Hendersonville, TN) 7-0 50
    44 Minnechaug Regional (Wilbraham, MA) 3-0-1 10
    45 Shenendehowa Central (Clifton Park, NY) 5-0 NR
    46 Downingtowns (Exton, PA) 4-1 NR
    47 Christian Academy Of Knoxville (Knoxville, TN) 8-0 NR
    48 Bellarmine Preparatory School (Tacoma, WA) 5-0 NR
    49 La Cueva (Albuquerque, NM) 7-1 NR
    50 Ridge (Basking Ridge, NJ) 3-0-1 NR
    Last edited by thebes20; 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The link you supplied did not take a viewer to the appropiate list that, I think you wanted. It is easy to copy and post. Just start at the bottom of whatever you want to copy and left click on your mouse. When it turns blue, hold the left button down, and then slowly scroll up until the whole thing is blue. (Don't worry about getting too much because you can fix it when you post). Then right click ON the BLUE field and hit copy when it drops down. Minimize that window, (so if you mess up you do not have to go back and find it again). Then go to post as you normally would, but right click on your mouse on the blank post and it should magically appear. At that point you can delete out what you did not intend. Like I could have deleted the last 10 schools, or the headlines from the post. Try it here. Copy this, and post it below. Remember you can delete what you do not want.

Maybe someone else knows how to explain it better, or has a better technique, but I am self taught on the computer.

BTW, the forum was down recently and may change a bit in the near future. Admin is too busy at work and this site is going to be tranferred to a new sevice provider. This is not Admin's line of work, but he has done a great job for years. I can't believe that he did not do this as a living! Anyway, I think that the new system will be less likely to fail, be spam free and the posting time will be much quicker. Right now it is very slow because Admin had to get rid of the poster identification field, (the one with the letters and numbers that one had to type in, in order to post). Getting rid of it, brought the board back up, but also let in a lot more spam and made the posting time much slower. The changes should take place fairly soon.
      Last edited by thebes20; 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Well, with whatever work the website has been doing recently, it took a while for my initial post to show up (like several days). Unfortuantely, Jesuit lost tonight so that #1 ranking will be gone and this will be a moot point. Of course, my DD goes to Westview so I have to be very happy about their win tonight. No, Shu does not play varsity (yet). Did anybody happen to see the game? I'd be curious to hear how things went down.

Comment

Gk for Jesuit?

Who is playing in goal for Jesuit? One of my DD's ODP teammates attends there I haven't seen rosters from Jesuit on line.

Comment

Jesuit's Varsity GK's

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Who is playing in goal for Jesuit? One of my DD's ODP teammates attends there I haven't seen rosters from Jesuit on line.
            There are three GKs on Jesuit's varsity roster. The starter is the returning GK from 2008, who is now a junior. She was in goal during the loss to Westview. The back-up GK (currently out with an injury) played 95 ODP and is the keeper for Ireland. The third GK is a new 94 ODP, who just moved to FC Portland Yellow. She plays most of her minutes for the JV1 team.

Comment

Tell me it's not true!

Gag-me-with-a-spoon! Tell me it cannot be! We've all had to endure the many years of Side-Line-WHOEVER boasting about his amazing goalkeeper daughter from Ireland (Who NEVER is at fault, always someone else, or some amazing number one ranked team in the country who beat them, by just a margin, or bad call!) PLEASE don't tell me we have four more years of this, as his "DD" (what does that stand for anyway?) has obviously landed at Jesuit!! I was so hoping for a break from this, until club soccer starts later this year.

Same old, same old.............loved the (typical) comments in this current post. 1) Made it clear that it was Jesuit's #1 Keeper who was on deck in the defeat to Westview. 2) Made sure we all knew that HIS daughter (a mere Freshman at that!) was out with an injury (just in case you might think it was her responsibility! And, 3) Clearly made sure that we all knew that Keeper #3, a Sophmore, I think, "usually plays J.V."

Oh, you poor Jesuit fans. My sympathy is with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Gag-me-with-a-spoon! Tell me it cannot be! We've all had to endure the many years of Side-Line-WHOEVER boasting about his amazing goalkeeper daughter from Ireland (Who NEVER is at fault, always someone else, or some amazing number one ranked team in the country who beat them, by just a margin, or bad call!) PLEASE don't tell me we have four more years of this, as his "DD" (what does that stand for anyway?) has obviously landed at Jesuit!! I was so hoping for a break from this, until club soccer starts later this year.

Same old, same old.............loved the (typical) comments in this current post. 1) Made it clear that it was Jesuit's #1 Keeper who was on deck in the defeat to Westview. 2) Made sure we all knew that HIS daughter (a mere Freshman at that!) was out with an injury (just in case you might think it was her responsibility! And, 3) Clearly made sure that we all knew that Keeper #3, a Sophmore, I think, "usually plays J.V."

Oh, you poor Jesuit fans. My sympathy is with you!
                Talk about gagging me with a spoon. I have to endure stupid posts like this from you? Was there a fact SV posted that was not true?

* Jesuit has 3 goalies on varsity. Sounds like a fact.
                * SV stated his daughter is the 3rd goalie. Sounds like a fact considering she's a freshman.
                * The 2nd goalie is injured. Sound like a probably fact.
                * The starting goalie played in the game against Westview, as I would expect. FACT!!!

Take your pissy attitude elsewhere. To be honest, I was actually surprised SV even posted. I kinda thought he was gone, as I may be very soon, now that the negative Nancy's, also known as "Unregistered Guest," have taken over the board and turned int into Oregon Live 2.0 ...

I know, I just opened up a flame war, but piss off with your rants about other posters. What team does your kid play for... Jesuit, 4th string goalie?

Comment

Thank you unregistered!!!

I have not been on this sight for a long time and kinda had a busy day today but when a read your post about the s.v. comments I had to laugh and say AMEN!!! Thank you for brightning my day and speaking the truth because it is just that. I did not see anything negative about it just the plain truth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X