Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents sideline....is there an unwritten rule?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there is no written rule about parents having to be on the side of the midfield across from their team's bench?

Comment

Yes, there is a sometimes written and many times unwritten rule: let’s be kind and fair and share the field, half for one team fans, the other for the other team. It is common sense and helps civility during games. Many good tournaments put it on their rules. However, don’t be tje entitled parent that arrives 5 minutes before start and pretend that people should have known you were coming and save your spot! Arrive early (45 min-1ht before game) to claim your viewing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So there is no written rule about parents having to be on the side of the midfield across from their team's bench?
        No rule their but you can't go pinching the Moms Butts.Keep your hands to yourself.

Comment

At rec games you can sit wherever you want.

Comment

I witnessed a verbal altercation this weekend before the game started. From what I gather, one team parent was upset with an opposing team parent for sitting on the wrong side of the field. The upset parent wanted the other parent to move to the other side of midfield because one side of the field was theirs. The angry parent was yelling and getting in the other parents face. The whole ordeal was so dramatic, that the kids on the field stopped warming up to watch this fat parent scream his head off.

Am I wrong about this or isn’t parent sidelines general admission. You can sit anywhere you want.
            There is no rule that says one team one team takes one side and the other team takes the opposing side.

What say you?
            Seems to be the spirit of the rule says you can shout for your team from your side, that is OK but if you want to visit the space for opponents parents, you ought to keep quiet. This whole thing sounds ridiculous and more has to do with the hormones of parents cheering for their kids rather than any type of social civility. I often might wander to far end of other side if I get better view of my kid but would normally stay away from other parents and keep quiet and not want to have to fight to stand my ground if accosted by some opposing parent with their panties on too tight.

Comment

It's a rule for ECNL too for parents to sit across from their team's bench.
              Please post it then.

Comment

Seems to be the spirit of the rule says you can shout for your team from your side, that is OK but if you want to visit the space for opponents parents, you ought to keep quiet. This whole thing sounds ridiculous and more has to do with the hormones of parents cheering for their kids rather than any type of social civility. I often might wander to far end of other side if I get better view of my kid but would normally stay away from other parents and keep quiet and not want to have to fight to stand my ground if accosted by some opposing parent with their panties on too tight.
                Last spring I was at a game watching from the opposition side minding my own business until a grown man started saying really nasty things about one of our players. I finally mentioned that he was a 12 year old boy and he should not talk about him. He accused me of "eavesdropping". My reply was if standing on the sideline listening to you rant and rave about a 12 year old is eaves dropping then I am guilty as charged.

Comment

No rule their but you can't go pinching the Moms Butts.Keep your hands to yourself.
                  Stay away from Women you don't know well.She Could be a liberal and you could be accused of something you never did.

Comment

Stay away from Women you don't know well.She Could be a liberal and you could be accused of something you never did.
                    Very sad but valuable advice,if your son has passed crawling stage,Warn them as well.

Comment

Yep warn every baby born about respecting others. The Judicial committee and Trump could have put a Justice on the bench and sworn him in without calling Ford a lying whore. Just listen to and respect both sides, make a decision and swear the justice in. That's it.

Comment

Talking politics on the sidelines should be off limits.

Comment

Very sad but valuable advice,if your son has passed crawling stage,Warn them as well.
                          Disgusting but until they start locking these women up & throwing away the key Men are not safe anywhere, Soccer included.

Comment

Geez. Boys talk about a bunch of whiners. Don't act like a drunken jackass if you don't want to called out for acting like a drunken jackass.

Comment

Geez. Boys talk about a bunch of whiners. Don't act like a drunken jackass if you don't want to called out for acting like a drunken jackass.
                              Behave like a gentleman and you'll be fine. The odds of being falsely accused are akin to being hit by lightning. Teach your sons respect, no means no, don't take advantage of women under the influence. Pretty basic decent behavior stuff.

Comment

Sit down

Pretty much sit where I please. Never had an issue, but of course, I don’t act like a fool either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X