Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your politics off the pitch!!

It's nearing the end of the campaign season and the end of fall soccer and the two are now mixing. (I won't say where or when or who, but I'll bet it's happening on more than one Premier team.) Can we keep them separate? I don't give a crap that you love Romney and proudly wear that on your sleeve. Or that you think Democrats are idiots and you aren't afraid to say it out loud. Blah, blah, the country is going to hell, blah , blah, my taxes are too high, blah, blah.

Can't you keep the soccer pitch free from politics? Just two more weeks and then you can celebrate (or complain even louder than before).

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's nearing the end of the campaign season and the end of fall soccer and the two are now mixing. (I won't say where or when or who, but I'll bet it's happening on more than one Premier team.) Can we keep them separate? I don't give a crap that you love Romney and proudly wear that on your sleeve. Or that you think Democrats are idiots and you aren't afraid to say it out loud. Blah, blah, the country is going to hell, blah , blah, my taxes are too high, blah, blah.

Can't you keep the soccer pitch free from politics? Just two more weeks and then you can celebrate (or complain even louder than before).
    At least we don't know which way you swing...

Thanks for joining the forum Sam Adams!

Comment

At least we don't know which way you swing...

Thanks for joining the forum Sam Adams!
      Yeah, Sam Adams (neither the mayor nor the beer) was an instigator!

Comment

Whatever...

I did not realize there was no freedom of speech on the pitch!

Too funny, you don't have to agree or participate or vote for that matter.

Be glad you have those rights though...

Wow, think about it, please. Don't know what happened to you but I have not heard/seen one word about the election at our games. Actually, quite sad where everyone's priorities are if you ask me which you did not or did you try to start a conversation by saying let's not talk about politics? Really?

Comment

Whatever...

Wow, think about it, please. Don't know what happened to you but I have not heard/seen one word about the election at our games. Actually, quite sad where everyone's priorities are if you ask me which you did not or did you try to start a conversation by saying let's not talk about politics? Really?
          Yeah, I think an anonymous forum is a fine place to have such a conversation, if you really need to discuss this. You aint gonna settle anything though. My point is dont bring your strident views onto the field--I am trying to watch a great soccer match that includes my DK (and, unfortunately, yours too).

This is meant more for the obnoxious ones that need to tell everyone that their way is the right one. People who get indignant and start to talk about rights and freedom of speech, when the topic is really about separating soccer from church and state. (Get it? I'm talking about people like you. Hope you got that.)

Would love to chat more about this with you but I have to drive around and pull up campaign signs now.

Comment

You know, I believe I have a right to talk about politics if I am at a game, or shopping, or sitting at a table in a restaurant. Same as talking about soccer, I can do that at any of those venues. Or cars, or ...... I can also park my car in the parking lot proudly displaying a bumper sticker for the candidate of my choice.

If you don't like what those around you are talking about, feel free to ignore them or move away.

And, just to be clear, I never talk politics at soccer, or hardly at all nor do I have bumper stickers on my car. But I have the right to do any or all of the above, as do all of you.

Comment

Yeah, I think an anonymous forum is a fine place to have such a conversation, if you really need to discuss this. You aint gonna settle anything though. My point is dont bring your strident views onto the field--I am trying to watch a great soccer match that includes my DK (and, unfortunately, yours too).

This is meant more for the obnoxious ones that need to tell everyone that their way is the right one. People who get indignant and start to talk about rights and freedom of speech, when the topic is really about separating soccer from church and state. (Get it? I'm talking about people like you. Hope you got that.)

Would love to chat more about this with you but I have to drive around and pull up campaign signs now.

It's only the "right one" if they are promoting Romney for President. Otherwise, I agree. Keep the politics off the sidelines :)

Comment

You are proving everyone else's point about you. Re-read (or have your DK read it to you) the few posts you wrote (or had your DK write). The fact that you call it a "pitch" means you are either from the UK and still, conveniently, haven't lost your Queens English accent or you are from Lake O and want to sound like a Brit so others will think you know more about soccer.

Either way, you have no idea about politics so pack your bags and let your DK play without you sucking on your dummy (that's translated to pacifier)...

Comment

I didn't realize that you have two broken legs, or are in a wheelchair with limited mobility. Go sit somewhere else if you don't like the conversation around you. You need a friend on the team who will stand by you and talk about what you want to talk about. That's probably the issue. You have no friends. And your wife can't stand sitting next to you either.

Comment

You know, I believe I have a right to talk about politics if I am at a game, or shopping, or sitting at a table in a restaurant. Same as talking about soccer, I can do that at any of those venues. Or cars, or ...... I can also park my car in the parking lot proudly displaying a bumper sticker for the candidate of my choice.

If you don't like what those around you are talking about, feel free to ignore them or move away.

And, just to be clear, I never talk politics at soccer, or hardly at all nor do I have bumper stickers on my car. But I have the right to do any or all of the above, as do all of you.
                    Totally agree even though I rarely express any political views in public. Honestly I am more annoyed by the parents believing that a foul should be called over nothing because they have never seen real soccer.

Comment

Personally, I wish there was the opportunity to discuss it more, even at games. The results in Oregon are such a foregone conclusion every year that there is no meaningful dialogue except at the local level. If talking about it more on the pitch will lead to some real choices, then let's have at it, I say.

Comment

Willard for Prez

Romney when asked if he follows American Soccer: "Yes some of my best friends own MLS teams" True story right MP?

Comment

Whatever...

Thank you!
                          +1!

Comment

Romney when asked if he follows American Soccer: "Yes some of my best friends own MLS teams" True story right MP?
                            I believe he said about the same thing in regards to the American auto industry. His dad ran a company that manufactured autos. But I really do believe he is going to look after us middle class folks. Can you count how many times he blinked during that statement?

Comment

We all know who the bold face liar is... and its totally acceptable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X